Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dallas week 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-25-2020, 02:01 PM   #31
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: Dallas week 2.0

Go WFT! Beat Dallas!

Also like our chances if game is called fairly. Our defense is better than Dallas. Gibson and Mclaurin are blowing up, and we have respectable qb play now. This would be great to win but my expectations are moderate.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
Go WFT! Beat Dallas!

Also like our chances if game is called fairly. Our defense is better than Dallas. Gibson and Mclaurin are blowing up, and we have respectable qb play now. This would be great to win but my expectations are moderate.
I’m with you....like a legend once said, “stay medium”

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #33
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You know the Cowboys will be a good test pass rush wise vs Moses. Moses had redeemed himself and is playing at a very high level. Schreff has been borderline dominant since he has been back...while I’m not paying him 15 mill per...I’d let him test the market. Schweitzer been really good, Roullier been great and has line call responsibilities...good Charles been given a chance somewhere on the line next year? I just have a really hard time locking up a huge contract for a guard when I see big holes at TE, MLB, WR...possibly LT
You would be a fool to let Scherff walk, he's our best Olineman. Everyone bitches about our OL, why let your best lineman leave?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You would be a fool to let Scherff walk, he's our best Olineman. Everyone bitches about our OL, why let your best lineman leave?
Yeah I was in that camp. Here’s the thing, he’s 30 and we have a young team with obvious talent with bigger decisions over the next couple years. Is paying a guard position a top 5 guard money the smartest move right now for this team?

I get the argument and I’d like to have him back...also is another team gonna give him huge money? I don’t know..

He Gets Us
Old 11-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #35
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah I was in that camp. Here’s the thing, he’s 30 and we have a young team with obvious talent with bigger decisions over the next couple years. Is paying a guard position a top 5 guard money the smartest move right now for this team?

I get the argument and I’d like to have him back...also is another team gonna give him huge money? I don’t know..
Allen’s contract is up next year also. We can’t afford to create another hole in the Oline. I would either trade Allen or Payne and resign Settle who to me is a more dominant player than Allen or Payne (look what he’s done in limited play). Bottom sign Scherff and Settle.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

Quote:

First off he’s 28 and if you don’t think someone would gladly give him a nice fat contract you’re seriously out of touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2020, 05:20 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
First off he’s 28 and if you don’t think someone would gladly give him a nice fat contract you’re seriously out of touch

My bad I thought he was...well he will be 29 in month. I’m not opposed to Schreff back. Yeah I think he would get paid, but making him the highest paid Guard in the league...eehhh...that would be a mistake for this team, maybe not another.

He Gets Us
Old 11-25-2020, 05:57 PM   #38
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
My bad I thought he was...well he will be 29 in month. I’m not opposed to Schreff back. Yeah I think he would get paid, but making him the highest paid Guard in the league...eehhh...that would be a mistake for this team, maybe not another.
Highest paid is a title that only lasts until the next guy that needs to be paid.

Scherff has earned it, by all accounts he's respected, team leader, good player, earned his due. You pay your own.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:01 PM   #39
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

I had no idea Terry's numbers stacked up like this.

I’ve been trying to find my post fro right after we drafted him when I said he will make the trip to Canton some day. He was actually limited by the Ohio State offense and cache of other weapons they had. I saw a series of videos and interviews and the seriousness of purpose and meticulous preparation was like nothing I’ve seen outside of Jerry Rice. Before his first NFL snap. The guy is amazing. And seems a good guy to boot. My new favorite player.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #40
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I hate the HOF talk about Terry.

Let's get the kid a QB and legit #2 and see what he can do.

We’ve already seen what he can do without a Great QB. Like Megatron.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:11 PM   #41
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Highest paid is a title that only lasts until the next guy that needs to be paid.

Scherff has earned it, by all accounts he's respected, team leader, good player, earned his due. You pay your own.

I agree. He’s earned it. And I get the sense he’s beloved by his teammates too. Came back from a bad injury and has been dominant. I’ve seen what I need to see. Should we pay to have a top 5 guard for another 4 or so years? Easy yes for me.

Would like to see if lock up Rouiller too. Underrated player in my view. And if we shift Moses to LT and he fared well, that’s 3/5 of the line locked up with very good players. Better consistency and talent as a group than we’ve had in a while. If Charles and Ismael can play RT and LG respectively, we’d be set for a while. Lots of ifs, but the coaching seems to be there to help make it happen.

As to Dallas, I hate them and hope we blow them out. Not sure I see it - key will be to stop the run and make them one dimensional so our pass rush can get to Dalton. And we have to control the ball and keep their offense off the fields for as long as possible. Their D can be had - time for our O to show its full potential.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #42
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

My final argument for Scherff, as many holes as we already have, why do we need to create another one by not paying him? Pay the guys that deserve it, and he deserves it.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #43
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Allen’s contract is up next year also. We can’t afford to create another hole in the Oline. I would either trade Allen or Payne and resign Settle who to me is a more dominant player than Allen or Payne (look what he’s done in limited play). Bottom sign Scherff and Settle.
Not sure I'd label Settle as more dominant than Allen or Payne. He's making a lot out of his limited snaps... with great effort !
I love the kinda of play when he stays low and makes the tackle with an OL on his back. But I don't think he has the same physical tools as Payne and Allen, you won't see him make speed pass rush moves or simply drive his opponent several yards down into the pocket.
He's a very good player, plays with great effort and toughness, and yes he needs to be resigned... and I don't think it'll cost that much.
But I see more playmaker potential in Payne and Allen. Settle may be more consistent against the run though.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:41 PM   #44
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Not sure I'd label Settle as more dominant than Allen or Payne. He's making a lot out of his limited snaps... with great effort !
I love the kinda of play when he stays low and makes the tackle with an OL on his back. But I don't think he has the same physical tools as Payne and Allen, you won't see him make speed pass rush moves or simply drive his opponent several yards down into the pocket.
He's a very good player, plays with great effort and toughness, and yes he needs to be resigned... and I don't think it'll cost that much.
But I see more playmaker potential in Payne and Allen. Settle may be more consistent against the run though.
The guy is a bull, every time I watch him he manhandles people and is double teamed. Only reason he doesn't start is because Allen and Payne are #1 picks. Have you seen his stats this year in limited play?

3rd on the team in sacks
3rd in tackles for loss
4th in quarterback hits

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-25-2020, 07:44 PM   #45
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Strength and conditioning coach for the cowboys dies a day after suffering a heart attack. RIP.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dallas-...233028548.html

Purveyor of fine Filth