Stanley Caps

Other Sports

Old 04-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #121
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Stanley Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When Oshie went out...got that sinking feeling.
I started getting that bad feeling when they said Kempny tore his hamstring. He was such an underrated pickup as a true stay-at-home defenseman that it really shored up our d-pairings, and they never were able to adequately replace him. And then losing Oshie on top of that, Oshie was our 2nd leading scorer in the regular season.

Really I felt like they took their foot off the gas when they went up 2-0 and 3-1 last night. Other than 2018 that's been a real tendency over the years, teams score quick goals on the Caps after the Caps score because they lose that sense of urgency. When they scored the shorty yesterday (with a real lack of hustle on Kuzy's part) I felt like I knew how it was going to end. And in OT they had no energy whatsoever, it was like they just kept delaying the inevitable.

Go Sharks now, they're a similar mold to the Caps in that they have a rep as great regular season team that always underachieves in the playoffs.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2019, 09:38 PM   #122
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Yeah for me it was Kempny too. His loss really exposed the defense as they learned new pairings. The thing that stinks is I really don't see a team left in the East that is scary. If the Caps beat Canes I think they are back in finals. I also think a wild card team will represent the East this year.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #123
kct1975
The Starter

So Ladies and Gentlemen...the new NHL Season is upon us, and the Washington Capitals have started off on the right track with a win.

So what are your predictions for this Season...

Personally, with the talent that the Capitals have, I at least predict that they will make the NHL playoffs. Also I feel that they could easily make it to the at least the Conference Championship.

So what are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #124
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Beating the Stanley Cup champs in their building on banner night is a great way to start the season. Ovi's goal was clutch in the 1st, it shifted momentum. He really is an amazing player and a leader. Those that think he isn't clearly aren't watching. The bottom lines have me concerned. They need to contribute more and take more time on the ice through the season. I was hoping Carl Hagelin would progress forward maybe even show he could play 2nd line, but he looks to be just a solid 3rd liner.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #125
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
So Ladies and Gentlemen...the new NHL Season is upon us, and the Washington Capitals have started off on the right track with a win.

So what are your predictions for this Season...

Personally, with the talent that the Capitals have, I at least predict that they will make the NHL playoffs. Also I feel that they could easily make it to the at least the Conference Championship.

So what are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Come on K you gotta do better than some soft-serve prediction like that.

Caps will make the playoffs, but it's anyone's guess if they make it out of the first round.

It's a long season, I'm not ready to make any judgements either.

B-Skins, quite honestly it feels like the Ovi hate has completely died down since he hoisted the Cup. Everyone seems comfortable recognizing him as the greatest goal scorer of this generation and on the short list with Gretzky/Bossy/etc although it's hard to size them up since goalies have gotten so much better in the modern era.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #126
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Mooby,
I will say that after watching the first three games they need to fix the man advantage. The sling shot didn’t work last year and cost them the home opener.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #127
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Mooby,
I will say that after watching the first three games they need to fix the man advantage. The sling shot didn’t work last year and cost them the home opener.
+1, def. Hopefully Kuzy coming back will help but it's about time to start tweaking it, they don't look good right now.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:51 AM   #128
SunnySide
Playmaker

Anyone a single ticket holder not going this Sat (Vegas) or Mon (Coyotes)?
Ill buy 2.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #129
SunnySide
Playmaker

Nearly a month following NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s outline of a return-to-play format for the Stanley Cup Playoff, the dates have been set for the return, with the hub city selections still pending. The tournament’s qualifying rounds are scheduled to start on Thursday, July 30, as first reported by Larry Brooks of the New York Post.

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/06/20...-cup-playoffs/
Old 07-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #130
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Caps first game August 3rd. Also saw they put the Caps, Flyers and Penguins in the same hotel. What could possibly go wrong?

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.co...3/#more-365355
Old 08-03-2020, 11:54 AM   #131
SunnySide
Playmaker

Good news -- Caps play their first live game today at 4pm vs TB

Bad news - I forgot to set my dvr

future news - I am going to have to leave work early today for a previously unscheduled dental appointment.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #132
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Good news -- Caps play their first live game today at 4pm vs TB

Bad news - I forgot to set my dvr

future news - I am going to have to leave work early today for a previously unscheduled dental appointment.
You can set your dvr on your app and know craptastic has it and fios
Old 08-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #133
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You can set your dvr on your app and know craptastic has it and fios

I have the same tech knowledge and abilities as this baby from 1903. To live in this day and age of tech enlightenment ... and to be so freaking tech ignorant ... I feel like such an idiot. I might as well just spend my days smoking cigarettes and playing on train tracks with scissors in my hand.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #134
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

I have the same tech knowledge and abilities as this baby from 1903. To live in this day and age of tech enlightenment ... and to be so freaking tech ignorant ... I feel like such an idiot. I might as well just spend my days smoking cigarettes and playing on train tracks with scissors in my hand.
I bet you have a real nice lawn though. With "Keep Off" signs on it.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:25 PM   #135
SunnySide
Playmaker

Nah man. Im a hippie of sorts. I would never restrict a person from walking on mother earth. I actually have a footpath through the woods from an apartment complex that cuts over the corner of my yard and when people cut across when Im outside you can see their apprehension but I make sure to give them the good eye contact and wave.

I also have my peace sign I give to the local hooligans who post up near my house to smoke weed and chill. I want them to know that I wont call the cops and to feel safe and at ease while they light it up. Plus ... theyd whoop my ass.

When you live in a condensed area with people on top of each other, you gotta live and let live .. otherwise if you fight every small battle, you become an angry guy.

Now the late night fast food trash ... Im currently looking for a black dodge charger. That dude is going to get my dog's shit smeared all over his windshield when I find him.