Redskins Offseason Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #751
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
If we're rehashing, I'll ask about a subject that has already been talked about, the Redskins stadium:

FedEx Field gets ranked dead last in NFL stadiums ranking

(Of course, such a ranking is highly subjective, and I have no idea what SportingNews' feelings towards the Redskins are - nor do I care).

Now, I think a lot of you will agree that FedEx Field is not a good stadium, my question to those who've attended games there, is why ?

I understood getting and leaving from there is difficult, but what about the stadium itself, what makes it such a disappointing place to watch a football game?

It's highly probable the Redskins will have a new stadium within a couple of years, what are you expecting from it (a part from a better location) ?
1) Location...location...location... redskins went from RFK in the middle of historic Washington D.C. a stones throw away from the picturesque Capital and all of the Monuments to.....Suburbia. Awful. When Fed Ex was first opened there was very little there to offer other than strip malls and.....?
2) I sat in the Upper level of the FED Ex ONCE and never again. You might as well be on a plane or blimp watching. You are so far up and away from the field. Binoculars are a must. I would rather watch on TV than sit in the Upper level.
3) Fed Ex is now considered old and out dated. Has very little of today's amenities that new stadiums have. But mostly it cannot compete with a new stadium. RFK was old but at least it had some character. Fed EX is ugly.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2018, 11:05 AM   #752
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

FedEx Field is probably the single worst decision in franchise history. Iconic RFK in D.C. to mediocre stadium in Bumblefuck, Egypt.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #753
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
If we're rehashing, I'll ask about a subject that has already been talked about, the Redskins stadium:

FedEx Field gets ranked dead last in NFL stadiums ranking

(Of course, such a ranking is highly subjective, and I have no idea what SportingNews' feelings towards the Redskins are - nor do I care).

Now, I think a lot of you will agree that FedEx Field is not a good stadium, my question to those who've attended games there, is why ?

I understood getting and leaving from there is difficult, but what about the stadium itself, what makes it such a disappointing place to watch a football game?

It's highly probable the Redskins will have a new stadium within a couple of years, what are you expecting from it (a part from a better location) ?
I hope the field is a better surface. I believe part of our injury issue lies in the terrible quality fo the field.

I hope all the stadiums go to reasonable priced concessions.

I hope it's somehow affordable and accessible to Maryland residents (I am afraid it will end up near richmond)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #754
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I hope the field is a better surface. I believe part of our injury issue lies in the terrible quality fo the field.

I hope all the stadiums go to reasonable priced concessions.

I hope it's somehow affordable and accessible to Maryland residents (I am afraid it will end up near richmond)
Sorry C, but I hope it does end up near Richmond. A bit closer to me in NC, and VA is huge Redskins country.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #755
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Sorry C, but I hope it does end up near Richmond. A bit closer to me in NC, and VA is huge Redskins country.
Yep, they have basically conceded Maryland to Baltimore, and moving closer to Richmond would re-inforce that.

I am really hoping that they get the land in Oxon Hill. But seems like a long shot.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #756
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yep, they have basically conceded Maryland to Baltimore, and moving closer to Richmond would re-inforce that.

I am really hoping that they get the land in Oxon Hill. But seems like a long shot.
Richmond Redskins? They would lose more than just the Maryland fans. They'd lose 80% of the fan base. Baltimore is much closer to DC than Richmond. Such a move would make no sense.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #757
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Richmond Redskins? They would lose more than just the Maryland fans. They'd lose 80% of the fan base. Baltimore is much closer to DC than Richmond. Such a move would make no sense.
80% of the Redskins fan base does not live in Maryland.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #758
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Would luv to see a stadium back in dc again. Wish they could find room near nats spot.

Fed ex is a terrible fan experience.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #759
Irrefutable
The Starter

NFL supplemental draft has 3 DB possibities

Brandon Bryant, Sam Beal to apply for NFL supplemental draft - NFL.com
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #760
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
They already have their training camp there. If they have an interest in fighting territory with Baltimore then they will keep it closer than Richmond, but they could get land by Quantico/Fredericksburg cheaper and with a lot less drama then the Oxon Hill site, or in DC proper. Also, a more southern site in between DC and Richmond might have a better shot at hosting multiple Superbowls, Something you know Dan would like.

I do think we will hear some serious discussions on the final site pretty soon. The land lease at FedEx expires in 2027, so there are still 8 seasons but you have to get the land finalized first.
edit: Jerry's world took 26 months to build, so that would mean all the permitting and paperwork needs to be in place around 2024. So I guess we still have 4-5 years before a final site decision has to be made.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #761
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Sounds like barring injury, Trey Quinn will be on the team.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/20...uiet-assassin/
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #762
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
80% of the Redskins fan base does not live in Maryland.
Never said they did. It is 110 miles from DC to Richmond. Who is driving to Richmond from NW DC? Reston? Fairfax? Moving the Redskins to Richmond is frankly absurd. 80% is a low estimate.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #763
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Would luv to see a stadium back in dc again. Wish they could find room near nats spot.

Fed ex is a terrible fan experience.
The Skins moving back to D.C. has nothing to do with finding room for a stadium. That part would be easy. The political battle over the team name is the first hurdle that needs to be cleared.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:13 AM   #764
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
1) Location...location...location... redskins went from RFK in the middle of historic Washington D.C. a stones throw away from the picturesque Capital and all of the Monuments to.....Suburbia. Awful. When Fed Ex was first opened there was very little there to offer other than strip malls and.....?
2) I sat in the Upper level of the FED Ex ONCE and never again. You might as well be on a plane or blimp watching. You are so far up and away from the field. Binoculars are a must. I would rather watch on TV than sit in the Upper level.
3) Fed Ex is now considered old and out dated. Has very little of today's amenities that new stadiums have. But mostly it cannot compete with a new stadium. RFK was old but at least it had some character. Fed EX is ugly.
Thank you.

Surprisingly though, FedEx has had one of the biggest average attendances in the league throughout the years (slightly above 75K/game last year) ... but one of the lowest filling percentages (88.4% last year).

2017 NFL Football Attendance - National Football League - ESPN
Old 06-07-2018, 05:35 AM   #765
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
FedEx Field is probably the single worst decision in franchise history. Iconic RFK in D.C. to mediocre stadium in Bumblefuck, Egypt.

At the time it made sense and JKC paid for the whole thing himself rare then ....impossible now.Right now to me one big problem with Fed Ex is the deal the state and JKC agreed to with the infrastructure that the state did, if the Skins break the deal they have to pay it all back. I just wonder how people would feel about Fed Ex if the Skins had the same type of record and history there like they did at RFK.
I think the next Redskins home will be in DC the courts have solved the name problem and the land in Oxon Hill just will not happen . If it goes to VA it will be somewhere on the Potomac ,Chrystal City maybe where I am not sure.Another question is....what do you do with Fed Ex,sell it,for what ?There is a big Mall/ shopping center across the beltway ,already a boatload of New Homes there now not sold and you have a Metro stop within walking distance.