View Poll Results: Worst Redskins GM
Vinny Cerrato 23 45.10%
Bruce Allen 28 54.90%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #46
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Battle of the bad GM's

Vinny was garbage. We all know that. But he gets somewhat of a pass from me because during that period Dan was heavily involved. A lot of the bad things that went on was on Snyder as well as Vinny. Also the 4 years Gibbs was here the team won a playoff game and got to another. Does Vinny get any credit for that? lol.

Bruce Allen is just a slimeball. The way he hides, the way he does business, the way he has ruined the QB position, the way he isn't trusted by fellow NFL personnel people, he sucks at PR.

I just don't understand why he's still here. She should have been fired just for all the bad PR he's caused the organization.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #47
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Vinny was garbage. We all know that. But he gets somewhat of a pass from me because during that period Dan was heavily involved. A lot of the bad things that went on was on Snyder as well as Vinny. Also the 4 years Gibbs was here the team won a playoff game and got to another. Does Vinny get any credit for that? lol.

Bruce Allen is just a slimeball. The way he hides, the way he does business, the way he has ruined the QB position, the way he isn't trusted by fellow NFL personnel people, he sucks at PR.

I just don't understand why he's still here. She should have been fired just for all the bad PR he's caused the organization.
A new stadium. That is the only reason why he's still here. A new stadium in Dan's mind means a chance to host a Super Bowl and to bring in even more profits. Once that has been done, Dan won't need Bruce anymore, and Bruce will probably just retire.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #48
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I agree. But to me what seems to be really bothersome about Bruce is his character...he actually seems to be a really shit person...and why would Snyder insist having a low character person run the org? Then he must be equally low character.

Vinny was bad, but I do not know if his character was ever in question like it is for Bruce.
Who the hell cares about character. Bill Belichick is a complete asshole, yet he's a hall of fame coach.

Again, I don't want people to think I'm defending Allen, he's shit and has done terrible things. But I hear people say "I give Vinny a pass" or "things weren't that bad" and I'm like, really? Do you truly remember the complete and utter shit show the team was during his tenure?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #49
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Who the hell cares about character. Bill Belichick is a complete asshole, yet he's a hall of fame coach.

Again, I don't want people to think I'm defending Allen, he's shit and has done terrible things. But I hear people say "I give Vinny a pass" or "things weren't that bad" and I'm like, really? Do you truly remember the complete and utter shit show the team was during his tenure?
People develop short term memory. Vinny's tenure was at least AS bad as Bruce's tenure. It wasn't better at all. The only bright spot was having Joe Gibbs back for four seasons.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:35 PM   #50
MTK
\m/

I look at it this way, since Vinny was fired he's been out of the league. Nobody wants him. If Allen left here he'd find a job as an executive somewhere else. Say what you will about him as a personnel guy (he's clearly not) but he knows what he's doing in a non-personnel executive role.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

This thread is like, which choice of death do you prefer? Being beaten to death? Or stabbed to death?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #52
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Being a complete asshole doesn't mean he lacks character. From what I've heard through the years Bill Belichick is tough but fair, demanding but within the confines of the skills each player brings to the organization etc. He has been willing to accept the blame when things go wrong. He's an asshole but he's an asshole for the right reasons ultimately. I'll take that any day over a scumbag who couldn't care less about the success of the organization so long as it feeds his ego and his pockets. That Dan Snyder can't see through that is a damning statement on his ability to lead and his desire to see the Washington Redskins become a top tier organization again.

I can only hope that Fred Smith is starting to get tired of this shit show and walks into Snyders office with the $800 million or so that it would take to buy the 25% or so he would need to move into the majority owner suite and send Danny home to enjoy being a minority owner of one of the best franchises to ever grace the NFL.
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
Being a complete asshole doesn't mean he lacks character. From what I've heard through the years Bill Belichick is tough but fair, demanding but within the confines of the skills each player brings to the organization etc. He has been willing to accept the blame when things go wrong. He's an asshole but he's an asshole for the right reasons ultimately. I'll take that any day over a scumbag who couldn't care less about the success of the organization so long as it feeds his ego and his pockets. That Dan Snyder can't see through that is a damning statement on his ability to lead and his desire to see the Washington Redskins become a top tier organization again.

I can only hope that Fred Smith is starting to get tired of this shit show and walks into Snyders office with the $800 million or so that it would take to buy the 25% or so he would need to move into the majority owner suite and send Danny home to enjoy being a minority owner of one of the best franchises to ever grace the NFL.
agree, good post

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Early buzz is that the Washington Redskins might want to move up for a QB in the #NFLDraft - perhaps that means leapfrogging the #Broncos - John Elway may have to move up if he wants a Drew Lock or Daniel Jones

@1043thefan Denver
Old 01-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #55
calia
Playmaker

Oh great. That worked out the last time.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:18 PM   #56
HTTR
Special Teams

Love the distinction between being an asshole and lacking character. Great observation.

I well remember Vinny, and he was a fool, but mostly Snyder’s fool. Bruce was an upgrade in terms of having a little more executive clout and a draft mindset. But look at how he’s used it and how the organization is now stamped with his poor character. Allen has very proactively turned this organization into crap, and he’s a coward for not owning up to it. And his executive skills are being used for the evil purpose of making Snyder think he’s worth a shit. For that reason, I’m kicking him first to the curb. Vinny wasn’t as talented, but that includes lacking the talent to stay employed.