Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Tired of the Drama talk and GM BS.

Lets move on to the draft in April.

Reports out there suggest the skins are definitely looking at a QB early on, some reports as I posted in the GM thread have the skins looking to move up , I'd imagine that would be to get a Kyler Murray (who else is worth moving up from 15th)

What do u guys think?

Advertisements
Old 01-17-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

It’ll be the splashy move to make us all forget this season and then be pissy for the next 2 off seasons lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
It’ll be the splashy move to make us all forget this season and then be pissy for the next 2 off seasons lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't want to make another RG3 type trade, this team isn't just a QB away from contending. Hopefully we don't go crazy
Old 01-17-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
GridIron26
Playmaker

I really hope we don't trade up to get a QB. Granted, I don't watch college games so I don't know much about those QBs but it seems like everyone is claiming that the QB class this year is very weak.

I very much prefer for us to go BPA at our slot regardless of positions. We have many needs.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I really hope we don't trade up to get a QB. Granted, I don't watch college games so I don't know much about those QBs but it seems like everyone is claiming that the QB class this year is very weak.

I very much prefer for us to go BPA at our slot regardless of positions. We have many needs.
If anything move back to grab an additional first....but agree. Don't move up, take a BPA at Guard, CB, Pass Rusher, Safety, ILB

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

BPA regardless of position. There is not one position on this team that isn't a need. No more picking players with potential like Apke. You draft players like him in the 7th round. No trading away picks for a QB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
Schneed10
A Dude

I would not trade up to the top of the 1st round for a QB, but I would take one if Haskins, Murray, or Daniel Jones is there. Drew Lock maybe in the 2nd.

Fact is we have to view Alex as done for his career, and we have to recognize we can't afford a veteran QB's salary until 2020 at earliest. Unless we want to ride with Colt McCoy and Josh Johnson, we pretty much have to come away from this draft with a QB.

Everyone in that building knows it, too. And they're likely thinking what better way to put some butts back in seats, new QB. It may tempt them to trade up for one, too.

Like I said I wouldn't trade up, but I'd lean towards taking a QB in the 1st, or moving up from our 2nd rounder into the last part of the 1st round to take one. We're going to need a QB on a cheap rookie deal, that's just the reality of the salary cap situation. We need that just as much as we need a reason to hope.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #8
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I would not trade up to the top of the 1st round for a QB, but I would take one if Haskins, Murray, or Daniel Jones is there. Drew Lock maybe in the 2nd.

Fact is we have to view Alex as done for his career, and we have to recognize we can't afford a veteran QB's salary until 2020 at earliest. Unless we want to ride with Colt McCoy and Josh Johnson, we pretty much have to come away from this draft with a QB.

Everyone in that building knows it, too. And they're likely thinking what better way to put some butts back in seats, new QB. It may tempt them to trade up for one, too.

Like I said I wouldn't trade up, but I'd lean towards taking a QB in the 1st, or moving up from our 2nd rounder into the last part of the 1st round to take one. We're going to need a QB on a cheap rookie deal, that's just the reality of the salary cap situation. We need that just as much as we need a reason to hope.
I agree they should not trade up. There is a chance Lock might be available in the first....there is no way he lasts until the 2nd round.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I agree they should not trade up. There is a chance Lock might be available in the first....there is no way he lasts until the 2nd round.
Lock isn't as good as Grier, Haskins or Murray. Big arm but not accurate so basically Josh Allen. At 15 we should be able to get a QB. If Arizona takes Murray (possible) then I would offer that 15 for Rosen

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #10
HTTR
Special Teams

No trading up — don’t get duped into any “can’t-miss” picks. But recognize that QB is a serious need just like ILB, DB, G, etc. Good players are like currency, so stock them up at any position.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see in a few years that a good QB came out of this draft in the second or third round, a dark horse. But I’m also going to bet that the Skins don’t find him.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:46 PM   #11
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Trade down and take Ryan Finley from NC State. Extra pick(s) and a QB that is just as good as everyone besides Haskins. All the other guys are wild cards. Definitely don't want Murray. Way too small.

Note - Haskins is no lock, but his talent level is clearly above the others imho.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:17 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

I'm not against trading up if it's a move to something like 10 or 12. Top 5? No way.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:22 AM   #13
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Don't think I'd take Lock at 15, whether there or not. Too many accuracy questions for me. If you look at his TD passes he had dudes wide open, so open that any dipshit could connect on the pass. If you watch it and pretend the defender isn't there, you get less impressed with the accuracy of his deep ball. WRs having to come back to the ball a couple steps, etc. and it's not in the direction of throwing the WR open.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Don't think I'd take Lock at 15, whether there or not. Too many accuracy questions for me. If you look at his TD passes he had dudes wide open, so open that any dipshit could connect on the pass. If you watch it and pretend the defender isn't there, you get less impressed with the accuracy of his deep ball. WRs having to come back to the ball a couple steps, etc. and it's not in the direction of throwing the WR open.
He's just not very accurate, I would take a chance on him in the 2nd possibly but no way in the 1st. Will Grier at 15 is very possible. May be a tad of a reach but he's a QB that can make all the throws and he can move just enough to get away from trouble. I don't want Murray as hard as that may be to believe, I think he would have to be in the Gun most of the time. If hes there at 15 and they take him, o well but please don't mortgage the future for the kid.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I am not sold on this draft class at QB....I think the OSU Haskins kid is decent, best of the bunch, but Grier is ok....I don't see first round top talent though. I wouldn't object to either at our spot. But I really need everyone within the Organization to be onboard with the choice. Don't force a bad choice.

But hey because of our stupidity we will be forced into a bad position again.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 01-18-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote