Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why Hasn't Anyone Talked About-A Possible Cancellation?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Most likely scenario for the 2020 NFL season?
Starts on time and all regular season and playoff games are played 3 13.64%
Starts on time but doesn't finish 4 18.18%
Starts late but finishes 3 13.64%
Starts late but doesn't finish 2 9.09%
Stops and starts but finishes 2 9.09%
Stops and starts but doesn't finish 1 4.55%
Entire season canceled, no games played 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2020, 02:09 AM   #196
Burgold
Special Teams

Re: Why Hasn't Anyone Talked About-A Possible Cancellation?

Still think there will be a season? in the aftermath of the protest all over the country,people packed like sardines and the[6 feet rule]thrown out the window,and these folks are eventually gonna go home and we'll see.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2020, 07:06 AM   #197
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Still think there will be a season? in the aftermath of the protest all over the country,people packed like sardines and the[6 feet rule]thrown out the window,and these folks are eventually gonna go home and we'll see.
And / Or, the people do go back home, but don't infect anyone and there is no dramatic rise in new cases. People may be getting to the point that they don't care anymore. The media is hardly covering coronavirus now anymore. I saw it mentioned over the weekend that at one point, the media went 30 hours without reporting anything about coronavirus.

And just FWIW, i don't know what in the world is up with our own UVA models. They have one now that says by August, Virginia gets over 10,000 new cases a day and 1K deaths a day, Just in VA. Like WTF?

Also, did anybody forget when the news said that there was official top secret, highly classified documents that they just conveniently were able to get a copy of, that said by the last week of May the USA would see 300K new cases daily and between 5 and 6K deaths daily?
Old 06-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #198
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
And / Or, the people do go back home, but don't infect anyone and there is no dramatic rise in new cases. People may be getting to the point that they don't care anymore. The media is hardly covering coronavirus now anymore. I saw it mentioned over the weekend that at one point, the media went 30 hours without reporting anything about coronavirus.

And just FWIW, i don't know what in the world is up with our own UVA models. They have one now that says by August, Virginia gets over 10,000 new cases a day and 1K deaths a day, Just in VA. Like WTF?

Also, did anybody forget when the news said that there was official top secret, highly classified documents that they just conveniently were able to get a copy of, that said by the last week of May the USA would see 300K new cases daily and between 5 and 6K deaths daily?
The virus may be temporarily moved to the back burner given what's going on but it's still a major issue. A quick google search brings up plenty of recent and relevant reporting.

No idea what you're talking about regarding the classified documents. Got a link?
Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #199
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Yep, here it is:

https://www.livescience.com/trump-ad...arly-june.html
Old 06-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #200
MTK
\m/

Let's hope those models are wrong as many have been. But with exponential growth it's easy to see how things can spiral quickly. But hey, gotta make that $$. I need a haircut dammit.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:44 AM   #201
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Let's hope those models are wrong as many have been. But with exponential growth it's easy to see how things can spiral quickly. But hey, gotta make that $$. I need a haircut dammit.
Me too but that's one of the last places I'll be visiting for awhile. My hair is longer than in was in my In a Gadda da VIta days and ny beard is the longest it's ever been.

I asked my wife if I look more like a psychiatrist or a college professor. She said I look more like a bum.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #202
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I heard an interview with Lessler on NPR a few weeks ago about his model. The problem is models of simplified versions of complex systems. This is particularly true as we are learning as we build the plane.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #203
MTK
\m/

I was joking about needing a haircut. I'm definitely not going anywhere near a barber, bar, restaurant, concert, sporting event, or any large public gathering until this shit is well under control.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:40 PM   #204
Warthog
The Starter

The pandemic ends for medical reasons or social reasons:

Medical Reason for ending the pandemic:

1). Vaccine is developed, tested, produced and given to most or all the population. Experts say we are a year or more to make this all happen.

Social Reasons for “ending” pandemic

2.) People lose their fear of the COVIS 19 virus. This is what is happening now in the U.S. Most of the Americans dying from COVIS are elderly. The median age of deaths is 78. 40% of deaths are in nursing homes/assisted living facilities. That doesn’t mean that everyone under 60, who becomes ill from this virus, is going to live. If you have underlying medical weaknesses OR you have some unidentified genetic issue, you may become very sick or even die if under 60. For many younger adults the Covis fly may just be a cold or less. But for an unlucky few under 60, the COVID virus could really kick your ass. I read an article by a Olympic Gold Medalist (age 29) who was in incredible shape and got infected early on. It hit him so hard that he thought it was going to kill him and it erased an entire year of Olympic training. The COVIS 19 virus is much more contagious but less deadly than first predicted. Still, I believe you’ll see a “Second Wave” of illnesses and deaths as things open up and people start taking more chances.

How is this going to effect the NFL games?
As a player they will be tested before each game. Obviously if infected they are out for a couple weeks. I believe all players will be isolated during the season. Everyone on the field (non-player) will wear a mask and gloves. For the fans, you’ll have to wear a mask and maybe sign some sort of waiver ( like a WDW). You won’t see full stadiums. I mean will people really risk their lives to see a football game?

We’ll have a full season, but it will be a weird one.

On a more positive note: I predict that Haskins will have a surprisingly good season. Every indication this off season is that he is playing very well with his receivers. For all the Haskins doubters, you’ll be happy to see how much he has improved from his first crappy games in his rookie season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #205
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I was joking about needing a haircut. I'm definitely not going anywhere near a barber, bar, restaurant, concert, sporting event, or any large public gathering until this shit is well under control.
I hear ya. I'm asthmatic and had a major flare up late last year, I also had pneumonia early last year. So I'm not going anywhere until there is a vaccine.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #206
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I’m like 15 weeks without a haircut. My place just reopened out of quarantine last Monday...we were told per website to email them for appointments with hairdressers name. Got an email back late last Wednesday my girl relocated to Pittsburgh. Fuck me, once you find someone who can actually give u the right cut you stick with them. This fuckin virus is fucking my shit up big time. China is asshole

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #207
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So forget the virus, focus on the haircut issue. I was trying to explain to a friend my problem of finding a new person to cut my haircut....it’s a trust issue among other possibilities.

Criteria

1. Must be a woman. I just like it better from a woman, And not those who identify...a real one
2. Must be semi attractive...Or ok looking with a great attitude about life. If your hot and complain, don’t touch my fuckin hair. I don’t need you to channel your misery onto my hair
3. Preferably not married. I like the ones who complain about their boyfriends cause I been known to offer solutions.
4. Must give great hair. I mean it’s important in the context of what I’m looking for, just not top of list.

Again this virus has been terrible

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:52 PM   #208
MTK
\m/

I've been buzzing my own hair for years now. If you're ok with a clean buzz cut it's the way to go. Saves time and $$.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #209
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I have the opposite problem, I shave my head at home at least 1-2 times a week, but go to a barber once a month to get a professional beard trim. Gonna be trimming my own shit for a while now.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #210
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So forget the virus, focus on the haircut issue. I was trying to explain to a friend my problem of finding a new person to cut my haircut....it’s a trust issue among other possibilities.

Criteria

1. Must be a woman. I just like it better from a woman, And not those who identify...a real one
2. Must be semi attractive...Or ok looking with a great attitude about life. If your hot and complain, don’t touch my fuckin hair. I don’t need you to channel your misery onto my hair
3. Preferably not married. I like the ones who complain about their boyfriends cause I been known to offer solutions.
4. Must give great hair. I mean it’s important in the context of what I’m looking for, just not top of list.

Again this virus has been terrible
lmfao done. And also, same. - with adding must give good shape up.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote