2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-25-2022, 09:48 AM   #976
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It would be nice to see CY show up for something voluntary, but let's be honest this is all about optics and nothing to do with how he will play come September.
What it should be about is commitment to the team
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-25-2022, 01:50 PM   #977
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Interesting take: https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/5/24/...terry-mclaurin

Basically suggested we should have looked at trade options for Terry to give flexibility in contract negotiations. I see validity on both sides of this coin. I don't think the 2-3 million a year the author worries about is a big deal, but I get the maximizing your return side.
Old 05-25-2022, 05:32 PM   #978
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Why can't we have anything nice?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:25 PM   #979
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
What it should be about is commitment to the team
Agreed. Most of us said last year "this is not a big deal, let's not worry about one of our best player, and DROTY, not showing up for some walk through in shorts"... And sure enough his play dropped dramatically.

Missing OTAs isn't the cause of his bad play last year. But it's a sign. A sign of his commitment, his mindset...
One would think last year would have been a wake up call. And the early signs are that it didn't.

Hope he proves us wrong.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:35 PM   #980
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Why can't we have anything nice?
Because Dan Snyder.

True story - that 200 acres he just bought is actually an old Native American burial ground - he's that evil.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:38 PM   #981
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Agreed. Most of us said last year "this is not a big deal, let's not worry about one of our best player, and DROTY, not showing up for some walk through in shorts"... And sure enough his play dropped dramatically.

Missing OTAs isn't the cause of his bad play last year. But it's a sign. A sign of his commitment, his mindset...
One would think last year would have been a wake up call. And the early signs are that it didn't.

Hope he proves us wrong.
The problem I have is he's a team captain. If he wasn't a captain, it's whatever. But you're the captain - you set the example. If 98% of the team is there and your captain is the one missing two years in a row, it's a bad look. These days right now are about bonding with your teammates (it's why they're all wearing jerseys that say Commanders on the nameplate) - him not being there sets a bad example. If he wants to skip every year and not be a captain, that's fair game. But you're a captain - set the fucking example for the rest of the team.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:45 PM   #982
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The problem I have is he's a team captain. If he wasn't a captain, it's whatever. But you're the captain - you set the example. If 98% of the team is there and your captain is the one missing two years in a row, it's a bad look. These days right now are about bonding with your teammates (it's why they're all wearing jerseys that say Commanders on the nameplate) - him not being there sets a bad example. If he wants to skip every year and not be a captain, that's fair game. But you're a captain - set the fucking example for the rest of the team.
Agreed too... Add to that the fact Rivera said a few weeks ago he fully expected every body to be here, and that last year was an awakening for Chase... and it looks even worse.
On top of that, it doesn't seem like Rivera knows precisely when Chase will show up. Like if it was "we discussed and agreed that it was good for him to finish this step of rehab where he started it in Colorado, and he will join us to finish rehab and start training on day X" that would be fine. But what we have here is a coach wishing for his team captain to be here, and the team captain obviously not giving any clear answer as to when he'll come up... "We will have him here eventually. I believe in the next couple of weeks, he'll be here."
Old 05-25-2022, 10:13 PM   #983
skinsfan69
Living Legend

And to think a guy who doesn't show up for off season workouts is one of your team captains. How is that?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:29 PM   #984
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
And to think a guy who doesn't show up for off season workouts is one of your team captains. How is that?
Some of us are about to be "overreacting negative Nancy"-ed ^^
Old 05-27-2022, 07:09 AM   #985
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

So what do you guys make of Payne reportedly walking off the field to protest his contract situation ?
It's a bit unclear what's happening there, Ben Standig reported he walked off the field on Tuesday, Payne tweeted he didn't "walked out of practice", Allen came to his defense... And then Ben reported Payne wasn't at OTA's on Thursday.

https://riggosrag.com/2022/05/26/dar...mmanders-otas/

Did I get this right ?

Anyway, I won't get mad at players for trying to get leverage in contract negotiations. But I sure hope this won't be a lingering distraction, this defense needs some cohesion.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2022, 08:21 AM   #986
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

This organization couldn't manage a one-car parade. I expected more of Ron Rivera. Don't misunderstand me. I admire and support RR but I expected more.

If we don't win this season, I don't know what I'll do. It's like we're renting our best players and we'll never have enough of them playing together at the same time to win. Why must the football side be screwed up, too? It's all we have left from the fan experience. I feel as if I'm trapped in a bad marriage with this franchise.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:22 PM   #987
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
So what do you guys make of Payne reportedly walking off the field to protest his contract situation ?
This is the new normal for players trying to get paid.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:42 PM   #988
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
So what do you guys make of Payne reportedly walking off the field to protest his contract situation?
If he did it like this, I fully support him:

Otherwise, not ideal, but no big deal either.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:57 PM   #989
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
They should rip the C off of his jersey. Seems like it was just given to him and not earned. He hasn't done enough in this league to be skipping off season stuff. He is living off draft pick status and a pretty good ( not great) 1st year.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:03 PM   #990
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
It's a bit unclear what's happening there, Ben Standig reported he walked off the field on Tuesday, Payne tweeted he didn't "walked out of practice", Allen came to his defense... And then Ben reported Payne wasn't at OTA's on Thursday.

https://riggosrag.com/2022/05/26/dar...mmanders-otas/

Did I get this right ?

Anyway, I won't get mad at players for trying to get leverage in contract negotiations. But I sure hope this won't be a lingering distraction, this defense needs some cohesion.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Something seems off with Payne and his relationship w/ the front office. They paid Allen and made him a company man, yet w/ Payne nothing. He isn't in any of the promotional stuff, none of the tv ads. He wasn't in any of the stuff for the shitty rebrand and no new contract. I think that has to get to him, he's human. He sees what's going on. They don't value him like they do Allen.