Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Panthers Pre game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #16
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Panthers Pre game thread

What is this "at home" b.s. I keep reading here. You all should know by now that we do not have a home field advantage anymore. So take that out of your equation for picking Redskins games. That's one more thing that Dan Snyder has F'ed up.

I have no idea which team might win this game and I don't care a whole lot about that right now. The Skins have a whole lot to straighten out before we can become contenders and I am very skeptical about that ever happening with Dan Snyder owning the team.

That Monday night fiasco has really got me thinking why I even bother to follow the Skins anymore - after 60 years. It's just the accumulation of all the incompetence and disrespect we fans have endured since Snyder bought the team.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What is this "at home" b.s. I keep reading here. You all should know by now that we do not have a home field advantage anymore. So take that out of your equation for picking Redskins games. That's one more thing that Dan Snyder has F'ed up.

I have no idea which team might win this game and I don't care a whole lot about that right now. The Skins have a whole lot to straighten out before we can become contenders and I am very skeptical about that ever happening with Dan Snyder owning the team.

That Monday night fiasco has really got me thinking why I even bother to follow the Skins anymore - after 60 years. It's just the accumulation of all the incompetence and disrespect we fans have endured since Snyder bought the team.

Can't argue any of this
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jay "We need to get Josh the ball, he needs more opportunities"

I do agree that we need to throw it up to him more for those 50/50 plays in the RZ
Old 10-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

I do agree that we need to throw it up to him more for those 50/50 plays in the RZ
Josh who? Josh Norman, cool.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #20
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:

. I could not say it better!!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #21
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Panthers Pre game thread

Panthers 31
Skins 17
We will not be a .500 or better team at any point the rest of this season.
We have an idiot owner. Im not even sure if we have a gm. We have a completely unqualified head coach, and a lousy quarterback. No wide receivers. Im not even gonna finish the list of what we don’t have. Im sick about this team. Just sick. The last thing I remember we were up 14-0 against Seattle in the playoffs and than someone woke me up.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #22
rocnrik
Playmaker

I hear you punch but this is a lousy division .. 9-7 wins it maybe 8-8 .. so if there is any hope of a positive outcome we are in the right division ! We could lose 6 more and still win division ! We all know that this will be it for gruden either coach it up and get in the playoffs or your gone so we can be entertained by that scenario. Truth is this is a middle of league team has been for a long time and that’s a frustrating place to be.. I could actually see us getting to playoffs and gruden let go .. but until this team gets a true football GM we are gonna be the 7 to 9 win team .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

blah blah blah. The guy can't consistently get open.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #24
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:

WTF is Jay Gruden talking about? Wouldn't Josh first need to be in a game before he could get more opportunities? Isn't Jay Gruden the man who held Josh out of the Saints game?

Besides, what has Josh ever done in the NFL? He's not going to save us.

Gruden should listen to himself talk. He doesn't even make sense anymore.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #25
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Panthers 31
Skins 17
We have an idiot owner. Im not even sure if we have a gm. We have a completely unqualified head coach, and a lousy quarterback. No wide receivers. Im not even gonna finish the list of what we don’t have. Im sick about this team. Just sick. The last thing I remember we were up 14-0 against Seattle in the playoffs and than someone woke me up.
Best post so far that i've read on the whole deal. No way in hell we go above .500 this season. Alex Smith is worse than Mark Brunell in 2006 and you guys know I loved that guy. And the best part is that Bruce Allen will still be here next year to make sure we screw everything up again.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Panthers 31
Skins 17
Man I really thought that was our yr
Old 10-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #27
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Man I really thought that was our yr
Well it could have been if not for a dumbass head coach letting RG3 play in that game.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:30 AM   #28
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
WTF is Jay Gruden talking about? Wouldn't Josh first need to be in a game before he could get more opportunities? Isn't Jay Gruden the man who held Josh out of the Saints game?

Besides, what has Josh ever done in the NFL? He's not going to save us.

Gruden should listen to himself talk. He doesn't even make sense anymore.
Pretty sure he was "injured" because somebody "stepped on his heel" at practice...
Old 10-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #29
Schneed10
A Dude

I was so optimistic as the season started but I'm definitely losing faith in Gruden's ability to organize a coaching hierarchy that ensures high performance.

It would be one thing if we went toe to toe with the Saints and just lost because we got beat by a good QB. But we have idiots in the secondary blowing coverages. Mental mistakes, whether due to lack of communication or due to not knowing responsibilities or due to lack of discipline, they all fall on the head coach. It's a sign that Gruden's coaching staff either isn't handling the personalities, aren't setting the appropriate tone or driving accountability, or aren't communicating well enough with the players. I'm not sure which of those is the problem, but the Saints game was a sure sign that something is afoul with the coaching.

I agree I don't think we finish better than 8-8 and Gruden will be fired at season's end. I don't even care if we win this game or not because I know where the season's headed.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I was so optimistic as the season started but I'm definitely losing faith in Gruden's ability to organize a coaching hierarchy that ensures high performance.

It would be one thing if we went toe to toe with the Saints and just lost because we got beat by a good QB. But we have idiots in the secondary blowing coverages. Mental mistakes, whether due to lack of communication or due to not knowing responsibilities or due to lack of discipline, they all fall on the head coach. It's a sign that Gruden's coaching staff either isn't handling the personalities, aren't setting the appropriate tone or driving accountability, or aren't communicating well enough with the players. I'm not sure which of those is the problem, but the Saints game was a sure sign that something is afoul with the coaching.

I agree I don't think we finish better than 8-8 and Gruden will be fired at season's end. I don't even care if we win this game or not because I know where the season's headed.
I think Jay is too laid back, he's a players coach and it reflects on the field. Unfortunately you dont see many Old school coaches anymore. When you have guys saying "practice is too easy" that is a problem. Idk who we would go out and replace him with but something needs to change now if he wants to keep his job. IMO nothing less than 9-7 should keep him around.