Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The Washington Capitals Playoff Stretch Run Thread

Other Sports

Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

The Washington Capitals Playoff Stretch Run Thread

The GREAT 8 peels off his 59th and 60th goals in one heck of a come back win over Atlanta.

The Caps where behind 3-1 to start the 3rd period. Came back and won this game, one of the greatest come backs in many years for this team. With so much riding on this game, they are keeping pace for the last spot only trailing the 8th and final playoff spot by 1 point. Final score 5-3 CAPS!

Unreal game and heck of a come back victory! GO CAPS!

Washington Capitals - The Official Web Site
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: The Washington Capitals superstar Ovechkin gets his 60th goal tonight!

Sweet! Just to put that in perspective, no NHL player has scored at least 60 goals in a season in over a decade.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sweet! Just to put that in perspective, no NHL player has scored at least 60 goals in a season in over a decade.
SS, did you catch the game? It was truly unreal. This team has no quit. JG would be proud....they fought there guts out for those two points!

And yes Ovie is a 100% stud and the company hes keeping is big time, thank you Teddy for locking this star up for the next 12 years (Or simply his career).....last time any player broke 60 plus was Mario Lemeiux in the 1995-1996 season he had 69 goals.

Also, Ovie still has 6 regular season games to tack on a few more (maybe another 6 to 9 or so goals ?)...we are making a road trip to the last home game April 5th to the Verizon Center in DC to see the Caps crush the Panthers.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 03-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm very disappointed I missed the game tonight, I was planning on watching it but I had to go help my dad at his job. Thank god we won though, I watched Wednesday's game and it was pretty sad to watch. It's nice that Ovie finally got his 60th, and I know what a great accomplishment that is, but I feel like it won't mean anything if we don't make the playoffs. Watching the Caps games is giving me the same kind of fervent excitement that I got watching the 'Skins push for the playoffs in the last month of the season.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
Warpath
The Starter

So glad for Ovie, I don't think he'll get to 69 but 63 or 64 is possible! Caps are looking like a team desperately trying to get into the playoffs. Great game, Ovie is truely amazing and go caps.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
wolfeskins
The Starter

regardless of if the caps make the post season this year, they are really becoming a great team. after switching head coaches the caps have been on a roll.

i'm a little upset right know because after returning home yesterday evening, from being out of town, my son and i both fell asleep during the 2nd period.

congrats to OV.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Alexander Ovechkin is the best player in hockey right now, in my opinion. Crosby and him are neck and neck, but man Ovechkin just has a different motor on him that is so much fun to watch. The kid will score a meaningless goal, and he looks like he just won the Stanley Cup in a game 7 Overtime. I'm a Rangers fan, but man I absolutley love watching some of these young kids right now.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
dmek25
MVP

i agree. im a flyers fan, but Ovechkin is straight money. should be the league M.V.P
Old 03-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #9
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
regardless of if the caps make the post season this year, they are really becoming a great team. after switching head coaches the caps have been on a roll.

i'm a little upset right know because after returning home yesterday evening, from being out of town, my son and i both fell asleep during the 2nd period.

congrats to OV.
Man wolf....you missed it when the getting got real good.

They where on fire in the third, four unanswered goals. One of the very BEST come backs I've every witnessed for the Caps..they where unstoppable!

And dmek you are correct. I agree Ovie is hands down this years MVP.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Man wolf....you missed it when the getting got real good.

They where on fire in the third, four unanswered goals. One of the very BEST come backs I've every witnessed for the Caps..they where unstoppable!

you know.........your not helping me feel better.

i was hoping they would show a replay of the entire game, they usually do, but i've yet to see it. i really want to see that 3rd period.

i guess the caps finally woke up in that 3rd, because the first two they didn't look that good, their last game they got crushed and the game before that they came out hot in the 1st but really cooled off in the 2nd and 3rd. i would love to see the caps make the playoffs, cuz when they're playing well they can beat anyone.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It really makes me think what the Caps record would look like right now if Bodreau (sp?) had been the coach the entire season. I do know this though, if they come out next season like they played for Bodreau this year we'll def. have a better record. And Ovie is definitely MVP imo, he's been amazing all season long.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #12
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It really makes me think what the Caps record would look like right now if Bodreau (sp?) had been the coach the entire season. I do know this though, if they come out next season like they played for Bodreau this year we'll def. have a better record. And Ovie is definitely MVP imo, he's been amazing all season long.
Yea me to. I remember when they fired Glen Hanlon on I believe Thanksgiving morning....(I think), I thought they had waited way to long to make the change. (Even though Glen was a heck of a guy, he had lost the team and his time was up).

When they brought up Bruce Boudreau, I had only heard his name and how well he produced in the AHL, and being successful at pretty much every thing he had done in hockey I was hoping for the best.....But I just wasn't sure how well he would make the adjustment to NHL HC, even though he played at this level many years ago, a lot has changed.

Man this guy has done one heck of a job with this club, I'm only guessing but he has to be in the .665% or at least close (maybe better I'm going to have to look that up) to these kind of win percentages. He's the Coach to lead this Caps team into the future and maybe just maybe even the playoffs this year.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #13
KB24
Special Teams

The man is absolutely amazing! Kudos to the FO for making sure he spends his entire career as a Washington Capital. I hope to see him hoist the Cup someday.

"Sounds like your assets are getting kicked!"
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24 View Post
The man is absolutely amazing! Kudos to the FO for making sure he spends his entire career as a Washington Capital. I hope to see him hoist the Cup someday.
Yes he is and welcome!

That would be a dream come true for me and all Cap fans to see that cup finally hoisted high in DC!

Right along with that next superbowl trophy for our beloved Redskins, I hope both these dreams come true sooner than later....as mother time makes us older if we are lucky.

I would love to enjoy both (Redskins again, fourth trophy is a charm ) before I turn into an old man.........lol

Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #15
wolfeskins
The Starter

OV got # 61 tonight, setting the caps single season record. the caps won 3-2 in a shootout.