Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Would you rather be 0-2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Ferrari
Camp Scrub

Would you rather be 0-2

Maybe I'm just too much of a half full type of person, But by the vibes on the warpath you would think that we were WINLESS (Rams, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chiefs, Panthers, Lions, Browns). At the end of every season you look back at every game and say "if we just won that one game we would've made it to the playofffs" (Rams game last year). A win is a win lets go to Detroit next week put up 38 and stay focused.

And our defense is GREAT after seeing what Eli did to the Cowboys last night in comparison to us, and how we almost ended Marc Bulgers season on sunday. I'm very encouraged about the rest of the season.

So I ask would you rather be 0-2??? The Patriots put up 3fgs and got a L......
Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Would you rather be 0-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
Maybe I'm just too much of a half full type of person, But by the vibes on the warpath you would think that we were WINLESS (Rams, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chiefs, Panthers, Lions, Browns). At the end of every season you look back at every game and say "if we just won that one game we would've made it to the playofffs" (Rams game last year). A win is a win lets go to Detroit next week put up 38 and stay focused.

And our defense is GREAT after seeing what Eli did to the Cowboys last night in comparison to us, and how we almost ended Marc Bulgers season on sunday. I'm very encouraged about the rest of the season.

So I ask would you rather be 0-2??? The Patriots put up 3fgs and got a L......
The answer is no. Good perspective there.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

And I make pointless threads? wtf
Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

No one would rather be 0-2, of course. The difference between us scoring 9 points and winning and the Patriots scoring 9 points and losing is that the Pats were facing the Brian Schottenheimer led Jets offense!!!!

Seriously though, the difference is that history (the past year and a half) says the 9 points was an anomaly for the Patriots and they will bounce back with relative ease. I don't think we've found that confidence yet with our Redskins
Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
And I make pointless threads? wtf
Yeah, you do. This one isn't bad.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
diehard
The Starter

We were 6-2 at midseason last year and we were still hoping the team would get better....
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

I do think we need to get some perspective here. A win is always better than a loss.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
Ferrari
Camp Scrub

well I'm not sold on the pats I think people live in the past too often. They should've lost to the Bills and they got dominated by the jets(but they're still sb contenders). The reason why the Redskins never get national respect is because there own fans dont technically respect them. This is a NEW yr and I believe this was just our hiccup game. Defense great. 20 to 20 great. Turnovers great. Special Teams great. So we have 14wks left and all we need to worry about is rdzne offense. I'll take that
Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No one would rather be 0-2, of course. The difference between us scoring 9 points and winning and the Patriots scoring 9 points and losing is that the Pats were facing the Brian Schottenheimer led Jets offense!!!!

Seriously though, the difference is that history (the past year and a half) says the 9 points was an anomaly for the Patriots and they will bounce back with relative ease. I don't think we've found that confidence yet with our Redskins
Agreed about what history says. Speaking of history, going to back the second half of last season, we're 3-7, and seem to have all of the same problems with nearly identical personnel. Turnovers are few, sacks seem awfully tough to come by, we can't score touchdowns to save our lives, and we have an old, injury prone O-line with terrible depth.

I was listening to 980am today on the way home from BWI, and I've spent the last hour or so reading this board. I've seen and heard a bunch of "it's only 2 games" comments. It's not 2 games, it's 10. No more excuses. Kevin Sheehan said how "we're so close to finding those game changing sacks and turnovers," and "getting hung up on only scoring 9 points is a shortsighted view." I strongly disagree. The time is now. This current regime has had 9 preseason and 18 regular season games to figure it out, and it's not coming together. This isn't horseshoes. I don't give a damn about "close."

I'm SO SICK of hearing crap like, "gosh our offense can really move the ball, but..." No more buts. We don't score. We just don't. Points win games, not yards. It needs to change right away.

I think Zorn's leash can be measured in inches, not feet right now. Get it together or get out JZ. My patience is gone.

Last edited by GMScud; 09-21-2009 at 03:35 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

If you ask me it looks like Brady is playing not to get hit. Brady before his injury stepped up into pressure to make a pass and now he is going back away from pressure to make a pass. So until Brady gets comfortable in the pocket they could struggle and no one knows how long that could take.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
well I'm not sold on the pats I think people live in the past too often. They should've lost to the Bills and they got dominated by the jets(but they're still sb contenders). The reason why the Redskins never get national respect is because there own fans dont technically respect them. This is a NEW yr and I believe this was just our hiccup game. Defense great. 20 to 20 great. Turnovers great. Special Teams great. So we have 14wks left and all we need to worry about is rdzne offense. I'll take that
Well I will say that the Redskins need to earn that national respect...the Pats get respect because of their Superbowl wins, and people don't criticize them much (although they were a McElvin fumble away from being 0-2).

I think a number of Skins fans love to hate the team. I mean there are posters that have nothing but negative things to say about the team.

Most people will say...well we won, it's a W, the team and the coaching staff have issues that need to be dealt soon if they want to continue to win, and this is how they should do it. And then there are the mindless rants about how we suck (and that's basically all they say).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Thats all fine and dandy, how long have you been a fan? This is not a rusty start of a season, this is how we play regardless of our opponent. The patriots are proven winners, we haven't had a dominant year in 18 years. So when we beat one of the worst teams in the NFL 9-7 at home while completely healthy then yes there is going to be a lot of pessimism.

That being said, a win is a win. I guess. Right now every game in this next stretch of lesser opponents is must win.

Redskins have the greatest fans, we don't get respect because we probably have the worst primtime/monday night record in last 20 years. Lets blow some people out for a change, and start next week.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I would rather be 0-2 if it got Zorn fired/demoted and replaced by Mike Holmgren.

Otherwise, no, 1-1 is better than 0-2. And, realistically, when we looked at the schedule when it was first released, atleast 90% of us thought we'd have a win over the Rams and a loss to the Giants at this point in the season. So, we're right where I, and most of us, thought we'd be - I just didnt think our offense would be this bad and Zorn would continue to challenge Steve Spurrier as the worst head coach the skins have had in my lifetime.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I would rather be 0-2 if it got Zorn fired/demoted and replaced by Mike Holmgren.

Otherwise, no, 1-1 is better than 0-2. And, realistically, when we looked at the schedule when it was first released, atleast 90% of us thought we'd have a win over the Rams and a loss to the Giants at this point in the season. So, we're right where I, and most of us, thought we'd be - I just didnt think our offense would be this bad and Zorn would continue to challenge Steve Spurrier as the worst head coach the skins have had in my lifetime.
There is no firing a head coach at this point and having anything good come out of it this year. Lets have a little faith and hope for the best. We are still in the playoff hunt.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
dgack
The Starter

I'm surprised nobody has brought up parallels with the many Ravens teams that had anemic offenses and pretty much won due to defense and Matt Stover.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote