Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Sky is NOT Falling!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: The Sky is NOT Falling!

The D is improved for a lot of reasons, not just Kerrigan and Orakpo.

NY has underwhelming WRs? Really?

Seattle always plays tough at home.

This D is much better than last year. There's just no disputing that.

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #62
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I think we've faced two relatively weak offenses (NY and AZ). NY has an oline in transition and an underwhelming WR corp. AZ got beat by the Seachickens lol...that team is just bad right now. In Dallas we faced an oline that could barely put a play together and a QB wincing with every breath.

...our defense is improved no doubt, but I'm holding that the improvement is dependent on Kerrigan/Orakpo. That's all.
BS. Manningham and Nicks combined for 20 TDs last season. That's damn good production no matter what.

Beanie Wells can scorch Ds and Larry Fitzergald is a beast. Last year's D would have been blown out by Wells and/or Fitz. We held them down this year.

The Dallas o-line picked up our blitzes and kept Romo fairly clean.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #63
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Also, in the 3-4, interior line play is absolutely critical. You don't have a NT? Then Rak and Kerrigan don't produce. No ands, ifs, or buts.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 09-28-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #64
dgack
The Starter

We're dead in the middle in yds allowed/gm.

We're 5th best in points allowed and 1st downs/gm allowed.

#1 in opponent 3rd down percentage.

In terms of who we've played, Dallas ranks 5th in yardage, AZ 18th and The Giants 20th. In terms of points scored, Giants are 11th and Dallas 13th, Arizona 22nd (but this is misleading as they've averaged 19.7 ppg and there are FIVE teams tied with 20ppg at 17th)

The teams we have faced are certainly not the class of the NFL, but I would say they are average to above average opponents.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #65
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Also, in the 3-4, interior line play is absolutely critical. You don't have a NT? Then Rak and Kerrigan don't produce. No ands, ifs, or buts.
Actually, I thought our interior line played well. We just need to do a better job at disguising blitzes. Oh and tackling continues to be an issue.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #66
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Actually, I thought our interior line played well. We just need to do a better job at disguising blitzes. Oh and tackling continues to be an issue.
We are in agreement.
My response was a refutation to the guy's premise that Rak and Kerrigan are the only ones responsible for our improve defense. Our interior boys this year are better than the ones we had last year, and the performance of our OLBs [will] reflect that.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #67
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
We are in agreement.
My response was a refutation to the guy's premise that Rak and Kerrigan are the only ones responsible for our improve defense. Our interior boys this year are better than the ones we had last year, and the performance of our OLBs [will] reflect that.
Ah gotcha. Despite my criticism of the defense, yes they are much much better than last year. I wish they would get to the level where they could overcome our offensive deficiencies and win the game for us (like the way the Steelers D won that game on Sunday night).
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 AM   #68
The Goat
Pro Bowl

NFL Stats: by Player Category

Neither Nicks nor Manningham were top 10 WRs last year and I'd be surprised if either will be after '11. They're roughly an average WR tandem, which I equate to underwhelming.

It's sooooooo frustrating to discuss all the opponents we face as top this and top that...as though every Turd Ferguson is going to Canton lol.

The verdict on the defense is still out. So far we've seen solid improvement when Kerrigan and Orakpo are dominating together. But whatever my point is the defensive effort against Dallas is nothing to brag about...jeez lol. The humor of putting on airs from facing a seriously injured QB and incompetent line is giving me a side ache lol
Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #69
The Goat
Pro Bowl

And...I been drinking tonight so that's helping
Old 09-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #70
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Neither Nicks nor Manningham were top 10 WRs last year and I'd be surprised if either will be after '11. They're roughly an average WR tandem, which I equate to underwhelming.

It's sooooooo frustrating to discuss all the opponents we face as top this and top that...as though every Turd Ferguson is going to Canton lol.

The verdict on the defense is still out. So far we've seen solid improvement when Kerrigan and Orakpo are dominating together. But whatever my point is the defensive effort against Dallas is nothing to brag about...jeez lol. The humor of putting on airs from facing a seriously injured QB and incompetent line is giving me a side ache lol
I think that improvements in our defense has been hindered by the inability of the offense to capitalize on their performance (i.e. turnovers, short field, etc., etc.). I think this would cloud anyone's perception (esp someone who's been drinking).

However, our defense is not quite at the level of being an elite defense that straight up wins games despite of the offensive woes.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #71
dgack
The Starter

Quote:

Umm, using the link you provided:

- Nicks was 5th in the league in yds/gm last year
- Nicks was tied for 4th in receiving TD's (11); Manningham was tied with Kenny Britt, TO and Witten for 14th (9 TDs)
- Nicks and Manningham were 5th and 6th in 20+ yd receptions

Your use of one very specific stat (total receiving yards) to prove that the tandem were merely average last year is, at best, disingenuous. As a pair they were good for 2,000 and 20, which is top tier no matter how you slice it.

No other team in the league had a duo that was close, with the exception of Philly with Maclin/Jackson (2,020/16) and Dallas with Austin/Witten (2,043/16).
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:47 AM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
No other team in the league had a duo that was close, with the exception of Philly with Maclin/Jackson (2,020/16) and Dallas with Austin/Witten (2,043/16).
The 2010 Redskins pass defense everybody!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:24 AM   #73
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The 2010 Redskins pass defense everybody!
and the Rush defense
and the pass rush defense
and 3rd down conversion defense
and
and
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #74
redskin37
Special Teams

The only thing that will remove this taste . A win on Sunday , [3 - 1] on our way to a bye week of rest.
redskin37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #75
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin37 View Post
The only thing that will remove this taste . A win on Sunday , [3 - 1] on our way to a bye week of rest.
~~~~~~~~~~
Couldn't agree with you more.