Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WP: Redskins’ Hall takes shots at ref and own coaches after 18-16 loss to Cowboys

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #31
44ever

Re: WP: Redskins’ Hall takes shots at ref and own coaches after 18-16 loss to Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah but when the game's on the line you can't leave Hall exposed on a 3rd a 21. If it were in the 1st or 2nd q then fine.
^^^^^ The playcall was wrong plain and simple...
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #32
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: WP: Redskins’ Hall takes shots at ref and own coaches after 18-16 loss to Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Yes I know. My point was it was undeserving of a penalty. I thought you would be headhunting me this morning. I would not be so bold if I were you, Dallas looked pretty shitty last night as well.
LoL, shitty is an understatement. But that was expected considering the injuries and the practice time the week leading up to the game.

For the week leading up to last night, I never expected or predicted that outcome, I thought the Redskins were coming out 3-0.

But I suppose teams have to learn to "win ugly" as well as win convincingly, if that makes any sense.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #33
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
There isn't a corner in the league that will cover Bryant with that much space to defend when the blitz doesn't get to Romo. I understand D. Hall's frustration being put in the situation, but obviously, he needs to keep his comments behind closed doors.
yeah, im not a big fan of d hall, i dont hate the man either but i dont blame him for the dez catch.

it was basically him and dez alone on that entire half of the field (the side of the field romo would roll to since hes right handed and not have to throw across his body), alone for 5 plus seconds with dez ... most WR could get separation in that situation.

im surprised so many call in fans are blaming hall. oh well . . .should have never put 7-8 down lineman in that situation imo . . . basically told romo what you were going to do and he knew he had to roll back and to his right, buy time until dez got some room on hall . . .
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
LoL, shitty is an understatement. But that was expected considering the injuries and the practice time the week leading up to the game.

For the week leading up to last night, I never expected or predicted that outcome, I thought the Redskins were coming out 3-0.

But I suppose teams have to learn to "win ugly" as well as win convincingly, if that makes any sense.
Cowboys got it done. I cant argue with the facts.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Can't hate on Dallas for our shitty mistakes
Old 09-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #36
Ruhskins
Living Legend

D. Hall should keep his mouth shut. However, until I hear it (or see it) from Mike Shanahan that Hall is a troublemaker, I'm not going to act like this guy is a Haynesworth-like problem. The Redskins got bigger problems than D. Hall in my opinion, and they are not going to win consistently until they fix them.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Takes me back to this quote.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
That has been the first time that I have got close to laughing. I woke up just as depressed as I was when I went to sleep. I dont blame Hall for giving up that completion. Dez Bryant is a hard guy to cover with literally 50 yards of field all to himself. And it was a shitty call by Haslett, but yeah you still cant call him out. Real leaders take the blame for losses/bad plays even when it not their fault.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #38
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah but when the game's on the line you can't leave Hall exposed on a 3rd a 21. If it were in the 1st or 2nd q then fine.
There's an old saying...the same thing that makes you laugh will make you cry.

Last week we won a game on the other teams mistake, last night we lost a game on our own mistake. Time to move on to the next one.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #39
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Can't hate on Dallas for our shitty mistakes
While this is true, I can still hate on Dallas, for the simple fact that the media love-fest for Romo is (once again) covering up for the fact that their team was really, really bad last night. (Anyone want odds that this wasn't a fluke?)

DeAngelo Hall has always been a mediocre player who makes a couple of highlight reel plays a year and gets burned just as frequently, if not more. The problem is all the yapping. We expunged guys like Haynesworth and Portis for similar attitudes. The main difference between those guys and Hall seems to be that Hall practices hard.

Maybe Fletcher and 30 will tell him to shut the hell up and let his play do the talking for the rest of the year. Haslett should bench his ass for calling out the coaches, though. Right or not, you just don't do that.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #40
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I always say, good teams find a way to overcome poor officiating.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #41
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Hall is an ass. Talk smack but take blame. Sometimes he does, but really gonna put this on the coach? How about prevent a guy from getting 21 yards lol?

What happens if you play zone deep and they get a 15-20 completion down the middle and get a 4th down conversion. how many times have we seen that happen before? I am happy Haslett is fearless and blitzed. Our guys just didn't get there. Dhall still has to do better. And perhaps Haslett could have kept another guy on Dhalls man, but no need to go after your coach. We talk about having character guys all the time. Is calling out your coach good character? Really?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #42
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
While this is true, I can still hate on Dallas, for the simple fact that the media love-fest for Romo is (once again) covering up for the fact that their team was really, really bad last night. (Anyone want odds that this wasn't a fluke?)

DeAngelo Hall has always been a mediocre player who makes a couple of highlight reel plays a year and gets burned just as frequently, if not more. The problem is all the yapping. We expunged guys like Haynesworth and Portis for similar attitudes. The main difference between those guys and Hall seems to be that Hall practices hard.

Maybe Fletcher and 30 will tell him to shut the hell up and let his play do the talking for the rest of the year. Haslett should bench his ass for calling out the coaches, though. Right or not, you just don't do that.
No argument, the Cowboys really were bad last night. But I'd be careful about stating that because they were just bad enough to win.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #43
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post

Finger pointing often occurs when teams suffer a loss. It's equal among both players and fans alike. This is what dirty thirty had to say in rebuttal to Hall.

"Safety LaRon Landry was asked about Haslett’s decision to send eight men rather than play prevent defense on third-and-21, and he said, “We were put in some positions to execute and didn’t do that, but we can’t go against the call, can’t finger point. Whatever’s called, we’re not the coaches, we just have to execute.”
Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #44
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
No argument, the Cowboys really were bad last night. But I'd be careful about stating that because they were just bad enough to win.
It's all relative. The difference between DAL and WAS is that one of us is a team whose goals for this season were probably to win some games and get better on both sides of the ball, and the other team was expected to contend for the division title.

Or, to put it another way: a lost opportunity is always a bad thing. But I'll take a lost opportunity at the end of a game where the lesser team played up to the competition over a sloppy win from a more talented team that played down to theirs and barely escaped.

We'll find out next week who both of these teams are. If Dallas beats Detroit and we lose to St. Louis that will be one thing. If Detroit runs over the Boys and we put away the Rams, it will be quite another.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #45
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Finger pointing often occurs when teams suffer a loss. It's equal among both players and fans alike. This is what dirty thirty had to say in rebuttal to Hall.

"Safety LaRon Landry was asked about Haslett’s decision to send eight men rather than play prevent defense on third-and-21, and he said, “We were put in some positions to execute and didn’t do that, but we can’t go against the call, can’t finger point. Whatever’s called, we’re not the coaches, we just have to execute.”
This is why most people (including a ton of Skins fans, myself included) hate Hall. This is all he needs to say. The entire world saw that blitz package and thought "oh wow, risky call" and nobody blames Hall. But he has to blurt out that it isn't his fault.