Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Playoff picture

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #16
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Playoff picture

No way we go better than 7-9. I think 6-10 is more likely.

The organization vastly overestimated their ability to replace Jackson and Garcon with Pryor and Doctson. I didn't disagree with the decision at the time, but it hasn't worked out.

Without serious threats at WR and all these injuries mounting up we stand no chance.

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #17
over the mountain
Playmaker

Barring any further injuries and assuming Long, Schreff and Bree come back .... im not throwing in the towel.

We have to go 7-2. Going 9-7 probably inst going to cut it for the WC this year.

Belief. Until we get L number 7, we are in it.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

The organization vastly overestimated their ability to replace Jackson and Garcon with Pryor and Doctson. I didn't disagree with the decision at the time, but it hasn't worked out.

Without serious threats at WR and all these injuries mounting up we stand no chance.
That's why I say Kirk is playing just as good as he ever has, look at what he has around him. I thought Pryor was going to be really good but apparently that was a one year wonder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Barring any further injuries and assuming Long, Schreff and Bree come back .... im not throwing in the towel.

We have to go 7-2. Going 9-7 probably inst going to cut it for the WC this year.

Belief. Until we get L number 7, we are in it.
Then we better start a run Sunday because the hawks and rams both look like they are going, eagles are a lock, saints are on fire, Vikings will win the north. Then u have Dallas, Carolina and Atlanta all in the mix. Unfortunately I don't see it man.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #20
Meks
Pro Bowl

i don't see it either, at all in fact. We need to step it up and win in Seattle but this team just doesn't ge tit done right now. They are soft up the middle on D even though we have played decently against the run, sometimes. We have a hard time with mobile qbs which makes me think its gonna be an effing field day for Wilson. I HATE....HATE... Seattle but they rush the passer, while banged up we cannot protect kirk for shit and i see a very long day with a few INTs being thrown and maybe a strip sack, per the norm.... I won't give up hope but the realist in me sees no shot the way we are currently playing and the injuries they are dealing with.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #21
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
That's why I say Kirk is playing just as good as he ever has, look at what he has around him. I thought Pryor was going to be really good but apparently that was a one year wonder

Cousins has been OK. Look at the stats and they look great. How many have gone from short throws to Thompson that Williams and Scherff sprang for big gainers?

Cousins is what he is, the 10th best QB in the league or so. Won't lift the play of those around him, but adequate.

Again, you can win with Cousins but not because of him.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
i don't see it either, at all in fact. We need to step it up and win in Seattle but this team just doesn't ge tit done right now. They are soft up the middle on D even though we have played decently against the run, sometimes. We have a hard time with mobile qbs which makes me think its gonna be an effing field day for Wilson. I HATE....HATE... Seattle but they rush the passer, while banged up we cannot protect kirk for shit and i see a very long day with a few INTs being thrown and maybe a strip sack, per the norm.... I won't give up hope but the realist in me sees no shot the way we are currently playing and the injuries they are dealing with.
At this point Jay might as wel start going for it more on 4th and goal, nothing else to lose.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #23
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
At this point Jay might as wel start going for it more on 4th and goal, nothing else to lose.

yea and keep the risk of 88 yd blocked fg's returned for tds, too.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #24
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Cousins has been OK. Look at the stats and they look great. How many have gone from short throws to Thompson that Williams and Scherff sprang for big gainers?

Cousins is what he is, the 10th best QB in the league or so. Won't lift the play of those around him, but adequate.

Again, you can win with Cousins but not because of him.
Same way I felt about Mark Rypien. He was money in 1991, after that, looked very average, even below average. Cousins seems to have a little more staying power and consistency. I think we can most definitely win with Cousins and I think with the right group surrounding him, he can win ya a Super Bowl. But, he'll never be Hall of Fame great.

Hopefully next year, the FO will find us some receivers and a running back. We have a great offensive line when healthy, and the defense, again when healthy, has improved greatly. We just need depth.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
yea and keep the risk of 88 yd blocked fg's returned for tds, too.
Once that happened the game was over, you could feel it in the stadium and the players knew it too. We should have been up 16-7 smh. Only the skins

Old 10-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #26
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

I want to commend your post. Truly. I 100% thought exactly the same thing when we suffered more injuries yesterday...
Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #27
metalskins
The Starter

As much as I hope Schneed is wrong (and that this team ends with another winning record), I can't disagree with him. The injuries are so many, that I wouldn't be surprised if the 'skins have to cut loose of some injured guys just to make room for a healthy body. I mean, when you're down to only one healthy tight end, you can't run any jumbo packages, you can't really do too many run plays up the middle with unhealthy offensive linemen, you can't be as successful on screen plays to Thompson.

Even though we are all expecting and hoping to see Jay Gruden's defining moment as a head coach that brings this team together and makes them great, it may not be in the way we're thinking. It might be how he keeps this team together through this hellish season of injuries, and somehow makes them better for the future. Kind of like how Joe Gibbs regrouped his team after that body bag game against Philly in 1990. If Gruden is able to keep this team together and actually win more than 6 games this season, I would say he will have accomplished a great feat. Yes, I will be disappointed, because I had much higher hopes, but that was before all of these injuries. If this team isn't as injured, this team easily wins 10 games and is a lock for the playoffs. We're that close to being perennial winners and with playoff appearances. Just have to get healthy and stay healthy.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #28
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If we finish 8-8 at this point, I'd be pleasantly surprised. I don't want to go back to being an under .500 team. If we do though, I'll spin it as good news for higher draft picks lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #29
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If we finish 8-8 at this point, I'd be pleasantly surprised. I don't want to go back to being an under .500 team. If we do though, I'll spin it as good news for higher draft picks lol.

Start spinning. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #30
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

My style:

Pessimistic temper tantrums on game days.

Hopeless optimist the other 349 days of the year (slightly adjusted for a few playoff seasons).
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote