Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bigg Thicc Turkey Leg Giants - Redskins Postgame Central

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #46
mike340
Special Teams

Re: Bigg Thicc Turkey Leg Giants - Redskins Postgame Central

A big thumbs up to our second-best receiver yesterday: Quinton Dunbar.

Watching him catch those punts on the fly just outside the goal line was awesome.
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #47
WillH
The Starter

Anybody else think that our scrub Olineman might be better at run blocking than our starters? I've always felt that our starting line is at elite levels for pass blocking, but average to sucky at run blocking.

Could be a number of reasons why Perine earned 100 2 weeks in a row, but the holes were pretty big.

Still, it could be that the Saints and Giants are 20th and 30th in the league in rush defense, and most likely that's the biggest factor. Which, still is a good sign considering that our biggest challenge from here is the Chargers who are ranked 31st.

Dallas is 17th, and they'll game plan for him some this week, so we might get a better idea of what we have in Perine. It's encouraging though that when he's finally gotten the touches that he has performed. I hope he keeps his streak going next Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #48
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Nope, the receivers were in the wrong spots even Collinsworth said the same thing.If the receivers catch the drops it's a much tighter game.But I get it,ELI haters are going to hate ,no matter what.

They dropped a couple but when he throws it at their feet or over their head im not sure what the wr’s could do to be in better position- maybe climb a ladder?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #49
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
They dropped a couple but when he throws it at their feet or over their head im not sure what the wr’s could do to be in better position- maybe climb a ladder?

"A couple"?????
Look at # 4 on the list
Football | NFL | Team Leaders - Passes Dropped - washingtonpost.com

Well at least in the first have many of those throws were the result of your D line ,not bad Eli.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #50
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
"A couple"?????

Look at # 4 on the list

Football | NFL | Team Leaders - Passes Dropped - washingtonpost.com

Well at least in the first have many of those throws were the result of your D line ,not bad Eli.

Im talking about Thursdays game when i say a couple. Im well aware it has been a problem all year for the Gints.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #51
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Anybody else think that our scrub Olineman might be better at run blocking than our starters? I've always felt that our starting line is at elite levels for pass blocking, but average to sucky at run blocking.

Could be a number of reasons why Perine earned 100 2 weeks in a row, but the holes were pretty big.

Still, it could be that the Saints and Giants are 20th and 30th in the league in rush defense, and most likely that's the biggest factor. Which, still is a good sign considering that our biggest challenge from here is the Chargers who are ranked 31st.

Dallas is 17th, and they'll game plan for him some this week, so we might get a better idea of what we have in Perine. It's encouraging though that when he's finally gotten the touches that he has performed. I hope he keeps his streak going next Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think it's been such a long time since our starters have all been in the line-up and healthy that it's hard to compare. There probably are guys on the line that seem to excel in the run blocking game better than pass blocking, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Perine is starting to settle in a bit and showing us what he can really do. If Perine continues to improve, then I think we'll all see that he is light years ahead of Fat Rob.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #52
MTK
\m/

I definitely think it’s more about Perine finding his groove. He’s learned to be more patient and set up his blocks. And when he sees the hole he’s planting his foot and hitting it.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #53
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I definitely think it’s more about Perine finding his groove. He’s learned to be more patient and set up his blocks. And when he sees the hole he’s planting his foot and hitting it.

100% agree. Let’s hope it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #54
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
+1. The film breakdown rated him very high. Cooley said he never pre-determined anything and made reads like a back is supposed to.

Even earlier in the season, most of the failures discussed in the film breakdowns were placed on Kelly missing his cut or the TEs blocking. That's not to say there were misses.

Just a hypothetical, but in the spirit of continuing the Jordan Reed conversation, would you rather have our offense have consistent 2nd and 6s or have the match-up advantage of Reed on the field?

I realize it isn't an either or (Davis isn't a fantastic blocker either but is better than Reed)

I believe being truly balanced, not just in number of plays but the ability to actually run the ball and force the defense to react is terribly underrated.

I also believe over the course of a season, being in consistent 2nd down and mediums (2nd and 6 or better) is better than having an exotic sports car constantly in the shop. Kirk has proven he can move the ball up and down the field with lesser talent and no real run game to date. Kirk has been consistently behind in down and distance and has still proven his worth.

Just make it even, and our offense is so much better, and the time of possession benefit would help out the D too.

I love Reed and recognize he is truly a unique talent, but overall I believe the team would benefit more with a true duel threat TE who is consistently available on sundays
Old 11-28-2017, 06:29 AM   #55
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
I love Reed and recognize he is truly a unique talent, but overall I believe the team would benefit more with a true duel threat TE who is consistently available on sundays
Mark Bavaro is retired. We all want that but we may just need to settle for a role player at TE who can block like mad.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #56
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
In fairness, while their were certainly typically errant passes from Eli, his receivers dropped more than "a couple" of passes. I would agree that there were "a couple" of critical drops that hit receivers in right in the hands and really were demoralizing drive killers.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:16 AM   #57
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I know I'm late but positives are a pretty rare thing these days and I don't think I saw anybody talking about it:

I did think Zach Vigil flashed quite a lot in this game, and Cooley loved him, gave him an A-, with all the injuries, having a good young ILB is a really good thing !
Old 12-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #58
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Mark Bavaro is retired. We all want that but we may just need to settle for a role player at TE who can block like mad.
This team could so use a Don Warren-type TE. None of our TE's are strong run blockers. That is the biggest factor in the inconsistent run game - Perine should be good enough. Hell, Matt Jones should have been good enough. Draft a TE that can block!
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote