Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Post "end these crazy PO talks" game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-09-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Post "end these crazy PO talks" game thread

I think there was a lot to like about this game:

1) We lost, and moved one step closer to Bruce Allen finally losing his job.

2) We were competitive. Even if I never had the feeling we were going to come back, it was a one possession game most of the time, and ended up being a 5 points game.

3) Taking the 2 TDs drives early in the game, defense played well (also got lucky a couple of times). Got a couple of nice key stops. They didn't collapse at the end of the game like they've got used to either.

4) Running game still looking good.

5) Young receivers continuing to look promising.

7) Haskins didn't have a good game, but he still made a couple of nice throws, I think he's on the right path, accuracy is no where near as bad as it was against the Lions.

Couple of things I didn't like:

1) Moreau is not good, we need a CB next season.

2) Haskins still has a lot to work on, hangs on to the ball and took sacks when he had time to get rid of the ball.

3) Guice being hurt again.

4) Pass protection didn't look good at times.

Overall I'd say this game was a highlight of what I've been thinking for a while: this roster has got talent, we desperately need new coaches.

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Post "end these crazy PO talks" game thread

Your #4 like is kind of a moot point with your #3 dislike of Guice getting hurt again.

#7, right path?, please explain. In 5 starts his best net passing yards in a game was 171. He is averaging 137 net passing yards a game. Look at his game to game stat lines, they pretty much look identical. If he is improving why isn't it resulting in more productivity? The team is more competitive due to the running game and defense, not Haskins.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub

I don't understand how Bruce Allen is so bad?I'm asking...he brought in rg3,who could have been a hall of famer if he didn't try to take on haloti knata head on.he had LT Williams....he brought in TE Reed(prowbowler)...Alex Smith,who was 6and 3...he got hol Peterson,and guice...he tried his luck on Haskins....and the verdict is still out...and on defense,there's a lot of positive..it's not Bruce Allen's fault all these players hot hurt or quit on the team.and it's not his fault the coaches are so horrible..gruden looked promising in Cincinnati...and lady,it's nothid fault Dan Snyder meddles with the team...after all,he is the owner...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
tsmia4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmia4fun View Post
I don't understand how Bruce Allen is so bad?I'm asking...he brought in rg3,who could have been a hall of famer if he didn't try to take on haloti knata head on.he had LT Williams....he brought in TE Reed(prowbowler)...Alex Smith,who was 6and 3...he got hol Peterson,and guice...he tried his luck on Haskins....and the verdict is still out...and on defense,there's a lot of positive..it's not Bruce Allen's fault all these players hot hurt or quit on the team.and it's not his fault the coaches are so horrible..gruden looked promising in Cincinnati...and lady,it's nothid fault Dan Snyder meddles with the team...after all,he is the owner...

Man, I tried to make sense of this but I gave up after the part where you don't understand how Bruce Allen is so bad.

I'm gonna make this simple: In 10 years under Allen's leadership, we have 2 playoff appearances (no wins) and a below .400 winning percentage. That's so terrible at any other gig he'd have been fired 5 years ago.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

How are you and Bruce related?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub

He brought back jo Gibbs !and we still didn't come close!does Bruce Allen play for the Redskins?does he coach them?he gives these upcoming coaches what they ask for....but "they' fail...so you think bringing in Joe Gibbs was a mistake?what about Steve Spurrier?...after all those wins in FSU?

Old 12-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #7
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

Bruce, is that you??
Old 12-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
He brought back jo Gibbs !and we still didn't come close!does Bruce Allen play for the Redskins?does he coach them?he gives these upcoming coaches what they ask for....but "they' fail...so you think bringing in Joe Gibbs was a mistake?what about Steve Spurrier?...after all those wins in FSU?

Well, the first part of your argument is that Bruce Allen brought back Joe Gibbs (he didn't).

Also, if Bruce is paying guys to defend him on message boards now I want in. My resume and ability to type better speaks for itself. Bring me in Bruce, you won't regret it!
Old 12-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #9
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Well, the first part of your argument is that Bruce Allen brought back Joe Gibbs (he didn't).

Also, if Bruce is paying guys to defend him on message boards now I want in. My resume and ability to type better speaks for itself. Bring me in Bruce, you won't regret it!
These types of posts are all over the place on message boards as well as twitter. The redskins subreddit had screen grabs of posts that were made from what was believed to be Bruce's burner accounts or people being paid by Bruce. Most of the posts were like this, talking about how Bruce is actually doing a good job all things considered. Hard to imagine any real skins fan actually arguing in favor of Bruce and keeping him here.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Bruce- You can get a laundry list from any fan in Fedex.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #11
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub

As much as you hate Bruce...he will be there next year,and the next,and the next... sorry

Old 12-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
As much as you hate Bruce...he will be there next year,and the next,and the next... sorry

That's exactly the kind of irrefutable evidence I needed to convince me.

Thanks Bruce!

P.S. I'm still available for hire if you need me. I'll sell my account too, 50 large should do it.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #13
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Yea, not only that, you can even do it in a sufficiently ambiguous way so that it could be a compliment, but it really isn't. For example:

-- It's really hard to overstate what Bruce Allen has meant to this franchise.

-- Bruce, with all of his talent, should go far.

-- Bruce's contributions may be unique throughout the league.

-- Bruce has really made a name for himself among the agents and players throughout the NFL.

-- Bruce Allen's name, season after season, as on the tip of the tongue of every die hard Redskins fan.

You get the idea. Endless possibilities to (a) make money, and (b) speak the truth.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #14
calia
Playmaker

Quote:

Yeah, you don't sound sorry. Bruce.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:29 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Sorry for the Redskins organization, there will be near zero fans left if DS doesn't change his approach of bringing in useful idiots to manage the Skins.

If Allen is still here at the start of the year, the Skins might as well start planning to move to England.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote