Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Other Sports

Old 04-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #46
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
The Wizards are #1, Redskins gonna win super bowl, and the National will win the world series.
LOL...well when that happens (excuse me, IF that happens) then we can talk. Until then, enjoy arguing that you're even 2nd. It's debatable. Boston being #1 is not.

BTW- did anyone see the great games yesterday? San Antonio vs Phoenix and the Bruins vs Canadiens? Wow...great games! The Bruins game is probably the best hockey game I have seen in over a decade.

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #47
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
speaking of bitchy and whiney, weren't you the guy who called for Gibbs head and made comments about how horrible the skins were???
Not to be a di*k, but didn't you start this thread?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #48
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
LOL...K.

If you paid attention, you would notice that I did that thread title in honor of jamf who did 500 of those types of threads...and if you read the thread, I didn't want to fire Gibbs, but was upset with the play calling, and questioned having Betts in at the end of the game instead of Portis. I still say that was stupid.
There are plenty of threads in which I defend Gibbs and his tenure here and not wanting him to leave. Maybe you should post those too. Didn't you get upset at me when I defended Gibbs and the Redskins to a fault when some yahoos were ready to call it a season during a game day thread. The ones that said "game over" after half and we were UP? You're barking up the wrong tree buddy.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #49
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Now thats a good catch! Well, let me see so you call the guy out and YOU started the thread with a post like:

(in honor of jamf)

What the hell is wrong with him that he STILL think conservative play calling is the way to go? The coaching lost this game for us plain and simple and it's getting to be like this week in and week out. We were all shocked last week when Campbell went deep for Moss (moss missed it) and I think Gibbs felt that was a mistake and wouldn't allow it again or something. How horrendous!

Certainly not the smartest move. ^ Oh well movin on......

On to the thread topic....I hope the Wizards can rebound, even though not a big basketball fan. I happened to be at Verizon Center yesterday for a game and one of the boys sitting with us happens to be a season ticket holder to Wizard basketball, and while their game ended before ours did and they lost. I ask him about the chances of the home team winning the series. I recall him saying I think Cleveland but could be wrong as I'm not a big follower and I was pre-occupied with the game at hand, he didn't like the chances of the Wizards.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
LOL...K.

If you paid attention, you would notice that I did that thread title in honor of jamf who did 500 of those types of threads...and if you read the thread, I didn't want to fire Gibbs, but was upset with the play calling, and questioned having Betts in at the end of the game instead of Portis. I still say that was stupid.
There are plenty of threads in which I defend Gibbs and his tenure here and not wanting him to leave. Maybe you should post those too. Didn't you get upset at me when I defended Gibbs and the Redskins to a fault when some yahoos were ready to call it a season during a game day thread. The ones that said "game over" after half and we were UP? You're barking up the wrong tree buddy.
I'm still trying to remember when Redskin called for Gibbs' head and made comments about how horrible the team is/was.

Oh well
Old 04-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #51
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
LOL...K.

Wait, I'm confused. So you weren't calling Gibbs out? You were just pretending to react to the playcalling as jamf would have? Or you were pissed about Gibbs? Iwas just pointing out that you complained, rightly or wrongly, about Gibbs and so it didn't seem fair to call someone else out for doing so.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #52
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Now thats a good catch! Well, let me see so you call the guy out and YOU started the thread with a post like:

(in honor of jamf)

What the hell is wrong with him that he STILL think conservative play calling is the way to go? The coaching lost this game for us plain and simple and it's getting to be like this week in and week out. We were all shocked last week when Campbell went deep for Moss (moss missed it) and I think Gibbs felt that was a mistake and wouldn't allow it again or something. How horrendous!

Certainly not the smartest move. ^ Oh well movin on......
And how is that? I questioned his play calling, something every fan did...and most acknowledged in that thread, especially the 2 running plays with Betts instead of Portis.
This has nothing, I repeat for those of you that can't read, NOTHING to do with wanting Gibbs out of town. Nice try though.

Quote:
On to the thread topic....I hope the Wizards can rebound, even though not a big basketball fan. I happened to be at Verizon Center yesterday for a game and one of the boys sitting with us happens to be a season ticket holder to Wizard basketball, and while their game ended before ours did and they lost. I ask him about the chances of the home team winning the series. I recall him saying I think Cleveland but could be wrong as I'm not a big follower and I was pre-occupied with the game at hand, he didn't like the chances of the Wizards.
They won't. Like I pointed out before, they aren't good enough. The wizards are too interested in talking, and not interested in winning. It's OK to hope, but even if they do luckily get past the Cavs, they won't beat the C's in round 2.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #53
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Wait, I'm confused. So you weren't calling Gibbs out? You were just pretending to react to the playcalling as jamf would have? Or you were pissed about Gibbs? Iwas just pointing out that you complained, rightly or wrongly, about Gibbs and so it didn't seem fair to call someone else out for doing so.
I think you're missing my point. I certainly called him out for his play calling...never disputed that. But I did not want him to retire, or get fired, or leave, or whatever. There is a big difference there. I was one of the FEW that beleived Gibbs would turn it around, and I was one of the FEW that stood there and took shot after shot by people here cause I was being "blind". I even started a thread about letting all of those that were negative all season off the hook and gathered together as Skins fans.
So did I question Gibbs playcalling, you're damn right I did. It sucked, and I still stand by that.
Was I one of the select few here that stood up for the Gibbs and the Skins when we had 5 wins and 4 games left, you're damn right there too.

So I am unsure of why you think I am calling someone out for wanting Gibbs fired / retired while all I did was question his playcalling.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #54
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

If you guys dont stop I will turn the car around and NO ONE will get any frozen yogurt

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #55
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
If you guys dont stop I will turn the car around and NO ONE will get any frozen yogurt
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

We can't stop until Redskin has veen vindicated!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #56
SeanTaylor21
Special Teams

Uh oh, Arenas has a sprained right wrist, doesn't tell how bad the injury is, hope for the best.
Arenas has sprained right wrist - Wizards Insider

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #57
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
That's funny.
Reminds me of the far side cartoon where the driver says, "so help me, if you don't shut up, I'll drive us off the first cliff I see."
Old 04-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Uh oh, Arenas has a sprained right wrist, doesn't tell how bad the injury is, hope for the best.
Yikes. That's not good. Hopefully he can play through the pain (and play effectively). Either way the other guys need to step up big time.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Damn, that's not good. I hope it gets better before we play tomorrow night. With our struggles on offense it's not gonna help if Arenas can't be as effective as he was in game 1. On the bright side it doesn't sound like anything that will be a huge problem, I just hope it doesn't effect his shot.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #60
SeanTaylor21
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Damn, that's not good. I hope it gets better before we play tomorrow night. With our struggles on offense it's not gonna help if Arenas can't be as effective as he was in game 1. On the bright side it doesn't sound like anything that will be a huge problem, I just hope it doesn't effect his shot.
Yes, some good news, Gilbert will play tonight, hopefully effectively.
ESPN - Arenas expected to play Game 2 vs. Cavs despite sprained right wrist - NBA

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote