Sally J.'s latest is spot on

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #121
MrSpectre
Camp Scrub

Re: Sally J.'s latest is spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If you were previously a fan, then there is really no excuse. Maybe if you just started liking football and get a chub over well-run organizations, I MIGHT see some validity.

I'm always going to be a fan of the team first. Sure, the owner is part of the team, but there are plenty of other people that I truly root for. I'm not a Snyder fan myself, but because he doesn't run the team the way I like, I'm not going to change my loyalty.

Sounds like a really lame excuse to change.
OK, Malcolm, just keep giving him your loyalty -- and your money. He only cares about the latter. The team may win occasionally, but it'll be by accident, with no continuity, no consistency, no mutual respect among owners, players, and fans. I've probably been a Redskin fan for longer than you (38 years). I don't need lectures from you about what loyalty means. Leaving is painful for me, got that? If you're staying, you have a responsibility to really address the causes of this team's dysfunction. Good luck with that.
MrSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #122
MrSpectre
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
This is a Skins board, you're a Steeler fan. Why are you posting here? I think SS said it was steelernation.com. Have at it. There's too many idiot fans here for a smart guy like you anyway.
If the shoe fits, baby.......................
MrSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #123
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpectre View Post
OK, Malcolm, just keep giving him your loyalty -- and your money. He only cares about the latter. The team may win occasionally, but it'll be by accident, with no continuity, no consistency, no mutual respect among owners, players, and fans. I've probably been a Redskin fan for longer than you (38 years). I don't need lectures from you about what loyalty means. Leaving is painful for me, got that? If you're staying, you have a responsibility to really address the causes of this team's dysfunction. Good luck with that.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #124
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
I don't think that JC is the anti-christ, that's a bit of a stretch but I don't think that he is a franchise QB either.
Yeah, I'm pretty much with you -- I've stayed out of the JC debates for the most part. Right or wrong, he's probably going to be gone at the end of the season, barring some sort of explosion offensively.

Give him an all-star offensive line with some receivers just a notch better than what we have, and he could be an effective, above average QB. Right now we've got nothing close to that, and he's not exactly making guys around him better -- which is often a hallmark of great, 'franchise' quarterbacks.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #125
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
How much of the underperformance is that the HC is not utilizing his talent the best way he can? How much is it that the coach's will not alter their scheme to fit the players we have? I can't imagine we have a whole team of crappy or underperformers. Which to me points the finger back at the coaching staff for not actually putting the players in the best possible situation to win.
See, I think that fans tend to over-value the playmakers we have. If you look at it, we peaked offensively way back in 2005 -- and nobody, other than Portis (who is fed an enormous workload) and Cooley (who is Jason's woobee) has come close to that level of offensive production. But even in these cases, they aren't scoring touchdowns.

I'm not saying they're "crappy" but they certainly are underperforming.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #126
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
I give the TEAM my loyalty and with that comes the good and the bad times and the good and the bad owners, players, coaches, fans and everything else that comes with being a REAL fan. You're not addressing while you're not wanting to jump on the bandwagon of any well-managed team other than the Steelers, so your credibility is REALLY lacking here.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #127
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
I don't need lectures from you about what loyalty means. Leaving is painful for me, got that?
Oh, I can give you PLENTY of lectures about being a fan. You keep talking about Snyder this and Snyder that. When do you address the players? When do you address the fans? And you talk to me about addressing the needs of the team...

Are you fucking kidding me?

Someone comes along that you don't like for a few years and now you're going to jump ship? That's absolutely laughable. Obviously I won't change your mind, nor will you change mine, but the overwhelming majority of people here think that you're just some half-hearted excuse for a football fan. Will you still be up the Steelers ass when they maybe make the playoffs the next five or ten years but still lose? Would the fact they have an owner who "gets in" make the playoff losses worth it? I bet some of the same Lions and Raiders fans who decided to root for another team decided to pick a team like the Steelers or the Patriots too.

Nice job big guy, you're in good company.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #128
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Oh, I can give you PLENTY of lectures about being a fan. You keep talking about Snyder this and Snyder that. When do you address the players? When do you address the fans? And you talk to me about addressing the needs of the team...

Someone comes along that you don't like for a few years and now you're going to jump ship? That's absolutely laughable. Obviously I won't change your mind, nor will you change mine, but the overwhelming majority of people here think that you're just some half-hearted excuse for a football fan. Will you still be up the Steelers ass when they maybe make the playoffs the next five or ten years but still lose? Would the fact they have an owner who "gets in" make the playoff losses worth it? I bet some of the same Lions and Raiders fans who decided to root for another team decided to pick a team like the Steelers or the Patriots too.

Sick burn imo lmfao
Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #129
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
I love that, "I've been a fan longer than you" argument and that because you've been a fan longer than many, that that's supposed to mean something to someone.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #130
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

good post.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote