Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 12:58 AM   #316
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Where did you see that he talked to the agent?

I think you are being overly optimistic, and there is no way to think the Skins are going to offer a 3-5 year contract. If they do, that would be discouraging.

Advertisements
Old 02-07-2020, 08:29 AM   #317
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

IMO, the environment at Redskins Park has already dramatically changed for the better since last season, as it relates to Trent's issues with team management and staff. I believe that if RR is determined to have Trent at LT next season then he can and will get it done; therefore, I'm writing Trent's name IN INK on my starting lineup card for Game 1.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #318
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Where did you see that he talked to the agent?

I think you are being overly optimistic, and there is no way to think the Skins are going to offer a 3-5 year contract. If they do, that would be discouraging.

The team’s deliberate movement to reach out to Trent’s lawyer came from an article in “Riggin’s Rag”, which posts daily internet articles in the team. I believe this news site has very good connections within the teams leadership. This article was put out two days ago and was called “Teams intent to keep Trent Williams”. I don’t just make up important facts without a source. Almost ALL the internet articles I’ve read in the last week are VERY optimistic about Trent coming back. Gibb’s even made a positive statement about it in an interview for publication. This planned publicity campaign is NOT by accident. It’s a love bomb to Trent from the teams leadership.

The Redskin’s team leadership has totally changed for the better. All the people who Trent called out, are gone. All the comments from various people in the team’s management are VERY positive toward Trent. Reaching out to Trent’s lawyer is the next logical step. RR wants to find out if they can get Trent back within the team’s cap space. Trent wants guaranteed money, so that’s the key point of contention. If the Redskins and Trent’s lawyer can agree to a contract, then it will be up to Trent if he wants to come back. There was a lot of bad blood between Trent and Bruce Allen. I think the team will show that it’s all water under the bridge. I rate the possibility of getting Trent back with a new contract as VERY HIGH, assuming there’s no real health problems. If I am wrong I will eat crow on this thread!! Let.’s see how this issue play’s out.

Why are you discouraged by TW coming back? He is just 32 and totally rested. He will be playing for an excellent HC who is inspirational. The team will be on the ascent. He will still be THE BEST OL player on the team. We need him for 2-3 years as the OL is being rebuilt. Penn was just a bandaid and may retire. Bringing Trent back is a very positive move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 02-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #319
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

A potentially significant development for the #Redskins: Franchise LT Trent Williams & new coach Ron Rivera have touched base for what sounded like a positive conversation, I’m told. The next step would be for Williams to come in to visit, but the two sides are now communicating.

Rapsheet
Old 02-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #320
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

^^^

Sweet

Now reach out to Dunbar
Old 02-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #321
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
A potentially significant development for the #Redskins: Franchise LT Trent Williams & new coach Ron Rivera have touched base for what sounded like a positive conversation, I’m told. The next step would be for Williams to come in to visit, but the two sides are now communicating.

Rapsheet
That was what was needed to get the process rolling. I really doubt it will take long for the two sides to make a mutual decision as to if TW stays or goes.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:51 AM   #322
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He's staying, the skins won't move him and he knows he has to play. He'll be fresh at least
Old 02-11-2020, 04:36 PM   #323
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's staying, the skins won't move him and he knows he has to play. He'll be fresh at least
Yep I think that's exactly what will happen too, unless a team comes in with an offer that Redskins cannot refuse.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:21 PM   #324
Warthog
The Starter

Rivera and Williams have made the next important step: they had their first telephone call. This is very good and they’re both moving forward. The next step is for Trent to come visit Rivera in Asburn. All this is good news. The key point of contention is whether the team will pay Trent the money he wants, especially for guaranteed money. I think they will and if TW is healthy, he’ll be playing for us this season.

I really think this is going to happen! Next is Scherff and Flowers.

Oh yeah, and we need to resign Dunbar. He’s our best CB. By dumping Norman we can get the money we need for this new contract - which also is about guaranteed money in case he is injured. I’m SO GLAD these issues aren’t being handled by Bruce Allen. With him gone we actually have a chance of keeping our best veterans.

Flyboy.

Last edited by Warthog; 02-11-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #325
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

The time to have moved Trent was last season before the trading deadline to a contender that needed a left tackle. Now teams that still have that need are going to look toward the draft for someone they can have on a rookie deal. Considering his age and cap number the trade value for Trent is probably pretty low right now.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:45 PM   #326
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
The time to have moved Trent was last season before the trading deadline to a contender that needed a left tackle. Now teams that still have that need are going to look toward the draft for someone they can have on a rookie deal. Considering his age and cap number the trade value for Trent is probably pretty low right now.

Right. If Bruce knew what he was doing we could have received a first rounder and definitely more from the Texans for Trent. But he blew it, as usual. Now Trent is worth a second or maybe lower.

Far better to resign him with the guaranteed money he wants and he’ll do well for 2-3 years. Starting this year they draft for one OT, plus a couple in the UDFA. If they can’t get a good OT project, then they draft higher in the 2021 offseason.

Flyboy.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #327
SunnySide
Playmaker

Passively listening to Sheehan's show this morning and Im not sure if I heard him right but I think I heard him say its been rumored/reported that Trent wants to be paid top dollar LT money. He then cited to Lewan's 18M and another guy in the 15M range.

Anyone hear anything about this?
Old 02-19-2020, 10:50 AM   #328
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm just curious. Why are people so damn obsessed with Trent Williams? What have we won with the guy? Idk, I just don't get it. I don't want him back at all. Get the draft pick or two and get a younger cheaper guy in there who will stay healthy and is going to be part of the future.

It's a new era and I really don't want an old disgruntled injury prone player who's on the downside. Enough of that shit. Move the fuck on and act like a real organization. Kind of baffled as to why RR is even reaching out to the guy. He should be working the phones and getting the best deal.

So glad Greg Olsen signed with Seattle. Didn't want the guy. He'll be hurt by week 5. Why would you even call him in the first place? He can't be counted on!

Also, call the Ravens and see if they still want Kerrigan. I'm cleaning house.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #329
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

we need to go on record for Trent Williams:

I’ll go first: absolutely no way do I support a massive extension for Trent Williams where he is the highest paid left tackle in the game at his age and recent injury history

He Gets Us
Old 02-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #330
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
we need to go on record for Trent Williams:

I’ll go first: absolutely no way do I support a massive extension for Trent Williams where he is the highest paid left tackle in the game at his age and recent injury history
Agree, I want him back but he's also getting old and yes the injuries are a big concern
Closed Thread