Tom "Iceman" Brady

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Tom "Iceman" Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
NE won a playoff game last year. Look at the recievers Brady is working with right now. They are a bunch of castoffs.
Brady is a great QB. No doubt about it. He does not have any stud wr's at all. Brown, Caldwell and Gaffney??? But he does have two very good TE's. I'm very impressed with his poise, pocket pressence and underated arm. But to say he's better than Marino might be stretching it. Your talking about one of the best pure passers of all time. Plus Marino never had any of the very solid defenses that NE always fields. I think Marino was better but not by much.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #32
wolfeskins
The Starter

a lot of people choose to dislike tom brady and the pats for the simple fact that they're winners. fact is the pats are a very good team and tom brady is argueably the best qb in the league today. he could go down as one of the best qbs to ever play in the nfl and like someone said earlier, if he retired after this season he would be a first ballot hall of famer.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #33
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I look at the Pat organization and then I look at the Skins and it's like night and day.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #34
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
a lot of people choose to dislike tom brady and the pats for the simple fact that they're winners. fact is the pats are a very good team and tom brady is argueably the best qb in the league today. he could go down as one of the best qbs to ever play in the nfl and like someone said earlier, if he retired after this season he would be a first ballot hall of famer.
Good post. Even if you don't like him, Brady is one heck of a QB. I'll put him right on par with Marino, Elway, and Montana, all he does is win, and he's got three Super Bowl rings, and possibly a fourth on the way, to prove it. I hope the Colts win Sunday, but it's going to be awfully tough.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #35
Hail2em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail2theskins View Post
Tom brady is very good, but not the sickest QB ive ever seen play, not by a longshot. Peyton Manning for one is a better quarterback than brady and a couple others i think better than brady just in the past decade, elway, marino, farve in his prime to name a few. Hats off to the pats, but they win because of superrior coaching than anything else.

No Ithink you're wrong there... Brady is the better of the 2 and probably the best to ever play the game at his position... point blank period!!!
Hail2em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #36
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
Good post. Even if you don't like him, Brady is one heck of a QB. I'll put him right on par with Marino, Elway, and Montana, all he does is win, and he's got three Super Bowl rings, and possibly a fourth on the way, to prove it. I hope the Colts win Sunday, but it's going to be awfully tough.
its not not going to be tuff for the colts to win, but they may make it easy for the pats to win, i hope not. brady is an above avg qb no doubt, but to mention him with the greats of our time already is a bit much. Im really sick of the extra sloppy nut kissing on brady. Is he the ONLY player on that team???? NO. Is he the ONLY reason they win games??? NO. QBs historicaly get too much credit for teams success, but this is over the top.
SkinEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:42 PM   #37
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Man, Belichick is as charmed as Marty is cursed. Did anyone notice how just about every flag in the second half was against the Chargers? It's as if the officials all got together and agreed not to call the Pats for anything.

One thing's for sure -- this was New England's biggest challenge. Now they can set it on cruise control. They beat a better team that made too many boneheaded mistakes, and there's no other team left that stands a chance.

Belichick and Brady have always had the Colts' number. The NFL could change the rules just for Indy and allow the Colts to line up 15 players against 11 Patriots and the Patriots would still somehow win. The ball always seems to bounce their way no matter what.

Unbelieveable.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #38
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinEmAll View Post
its not not going to be tuff for the colts to win, but they may make it easy for the pats to win, i hope not. brady is an above avg qb no doubt, but to mention him with the greats of our time already is a bit much. Im really sick of the extra sloppy nut kissing on brady. Is he the ONLY player on that team???? NO. Is he the ONLY reason they win games??? NO. QBs historicaly get too much credit for teams success, but this is over the top.

uuhhhh, why are "the greats" considered great ? because of their preformance during their careers. tom brady's preformance, during his current career, puts him right there with "the greats"
Old 01-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #39
saden1
MVP

What's up with LT at the end there? He looked pissed.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #40
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinEmAll View Post
It may be hard to deny it, but he is a great QB. Do I like Brady or the Pats? Not at all, I wanted the Chargers to beat their brains in today! But there's no denying what he's accomplished, and those drives he's led New England on to win playoff games and Superbowls over the years has been nothing short of remarkable. I don't like it anymore than you do pal, but Brady's reaching all time great territory right before our eyes. It's like watching Tiger Woods in golf, and I despise him to!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #41
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Man, Belichick is as charmed as Marty is cursed. Did anyone notice how just about every flag in the second half was against the Chargers? It's as if the officials all got together and agreed not to call the Pats for anything.

One thing's for sure -- this was New England's biggest challenge. Now they can set it on cruise control. They beat a better team that made too many boneheaded mistakes, and there's no other team left that stands a chance.

Belichick and Brady have always had the Colts' number. The NFL could change the rules just for Indy and allow the Colts to line up 15 players against 11 Patriots and the Patriots would still somehow win. The ball always seems to bounce their way no matter what.

Unbelieveable.
I know it was the regular season, but the Colts have beaten the Pats two straight times. I wouldn't crown the Pats just yet, just to borrow a phrase from the great Dennis Green.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #42
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I hated the fact that NE won today! I was really hoping for a SD vs NO Super Bowl! I just hope Indy can finally get into it. If Chicago gets in, I just don't believe they have a strong enough team to win it all! I don't trust Rex Grossman!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #43
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What's up with LT at the end there? He looked pissed.
I think he was just frustrated over the loss. SD should've won the game today!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #44
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

arguing over who is a better player in football is stupid because it's a team sport that depends on the other 10 players on the field with them. Whoever you believe is better is subjective and cannot be seriously proven.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #45
theBIGC_1982
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I think he was just frustrated over the loss. SD should've won the game today!
LT was pissed that some of the Patriots were doing the Shawn Merrimen dance on their logo at mid-field. He called it classless.
theBIGC_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote