Recount Opinions

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #286
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Clinton got 3 million more votes than Trump did so exactly what message was sent by the American people? It tells me is they don't want Trump.

66million to 63million. The message sent is that this country is historically divided.

The fact that neither candidate got close to 50% says that as a whole the country didn't want either major party candidate.

The fact that Trump won the electoral college says he gets to sit in the White House and be president.

The fact that Trump gets to be President, and the fact that the house and senate are both controlled by republicans says that the laws that are passed by both houses and sent to him will likely be signed into law.

That's the facts of how this country works. It's the same when the Democrats held both legislative houses and the presidency which last happened when Pres Obama took office.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #287
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Just want to point out one small thing. As fucked up as it is that all people do not vote - they do not. If trumps people showed up than good for them. However voting polls do not necessarily reflect true numbers do they?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #288
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I think trumpers felt more of an urgency to get out and vote. I think Clintons people thought it was in the bag and alot of them probably felt like it didn't make a difference if they got out.
#whoops. SAD!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #289
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Just want to point out one small thing. As fucked up as it is that all people do not vote - they do not. If trumps people showed up than good for them. However voting polls do not necessarily reflect true numbers do they?
imo, polls generally are good but they can also be written to skew results. Assuming you have a well constructed poll, and the outcome surpasses the margin of error significantly, than that outcome is rock solid.

BUT, when you have polls that are less well constructed or even biased, OR, the results are close to the statistical margin of error, than those outcomes are shaky. They may tend to be statistically right, but the overall analysis of the outcomes probably will be more wrong then right, simply because the foundational truth (the poll result) is more subject to shifts in opinions.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #290
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Education in inner cities is not significantly better than rural areas. the rest of your first paragraph is a simply ridiculous attack.
I didn't state inner cities had better education. I said rural areas just didn't have access to better education, and they don't. You can see the classes offered in small 1a/2a schools compared to 4a-6a schools. Poverty and socio-economic status plays a part in the quality of education you receive and have access to.

The rest of that paragraph was straight up truth whether you think it's an attack or not. You do realize I live in the Bible Belt right? Grew up in a Christian home, went to a Christian school, have had friends/family that still have the same mindset and faith. Not sure why you find that so hard to believe that people will put their faith/religion as a priority above anything. (especially when it comes to voting)

Quote:
100 people in an inner city block have a far different concern than 100 people living in a rural mile. Both concerns deserve weight and consideration, the US tries to balance both through multiple checks and balances. It has served us well through the years, not letting one group dominate the others, by preserving representation through various paths. That is important if the US is to remain a united country.
Do tell me what far different concern inner city/suburban people have from rural people? The concerns are pretty much the same.

1) put food on the table for self and family
2) feel safe
3) Health

The lifestyles and culture is vastly different, but each human pretty much has the same concerns in life. That's the basic needs. Now, the means to how they are supplied could differ greatly, but not the concerns.

Yeah, we will disagree that a small minority of people's "beliefs" should outweigh a huge vast majority. It's not just inner city either, Arlington VA is a dense area, and highly populated. That doesn't mean it's inner city.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #291
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I think trumpers felt more of an urgency to get out and vote. I think Clintons people thought it was in the bag and alot of them probably felt like it didn't make a difference if they got out.
#whoops. SAD!
I also think there were people who voted for Pres Obama, who didn't feel the same connection with HC. Mostly, this was, imo, black inner city males, but not entirely.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #292
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The major difference is the media rarely took a negative position against President Obama . National media never was critical, asked tough questions and was actually complicit with the administration. In the face of all these problems...that now people are mad about ( I wonder why? hmmm oh they loss)
No arguments there. I agree with this.

Quote:
its been night and day with the media with Bush vs Obama and it not close son. The American people may not have been behind the President, but the We never knew it, because the media never acknowledge or gave a voice to the silent majority. Zilch...That's why Trump is President, Congress and the Senate is Republican and the Republican own the Governorships. Why was everybody surprised?
Well, FOX wasn't critical of Bush either so there's that. They were probably night and day with Bush/Obama because Congress was night and day with how they treated the President. The Republicans set out to make Obama a 1 term President from day 1, and they obstructed at ALL costs. (even to point of shutting government down) So, yeah, while the media may have been more critical of Bush, Obama got the worst of it with Congress by a large margin. Republicans simply didn't want him succeeding in anything.

Quote:
But its funny, you don't acknowledge the national debt, Russia kicking Obama's Pussy around the world on multiple fronts, Genocide in Syria and Iraq, Major cybersecurity concerns against this country.....what about immigration policy failure, student debt reform, business tax reform, etc....
How exactly has Russia kicked Obama's pussy around the world? What would you have Obama do with Russia that he already isn't doing? You going to attack Russian troops?

I've acknowledged quite a bit of Obama's failures and why I didn't vote for him. I have no issues with the immigration policy, and there are actually less immigrants now than when Bush was in office.

I found this interesting. You get to guess what got worse/better under Obama. It even includes number of Mexicans living illegally in US. See how you do on this.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 01-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #293
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I also think there were people who voted for Pres Obama, who didn't feel the same connection with HC. Mostly, this was, imo, black inner city males, but not entirely.
There were some pissed of Bernie supporters that voted for Trump as well just to spite the DNC.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #294
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Of course blacks do not relate to Clinton like they do Obama. However the vast majority certainly does not support Trump. Im not sure how accurately their numbers are represented on those maps, or how many of them voted?
Bottomline if you polled every citizen in our country there would be millions more who do not support him than that do.
None of it matters now. Let Captain Hellfire reign his Tweets down on the world. I suggest if you travel it that you leave your red hat at home. You might not get that table with a view if you wear it.