Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

PATIENCE!!!! Try to be a FAN!! History Lesson

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-06-2004, 06:44 PM   #61
CRT3
Impact Rookie

As per the other trhead I was posting on about Coach Smith. Wouldn't be easier just to flip the bird and move on. Seems to be more effective and we can go on talking about what improvements the skins need to make. So for all of us that are tired of the BS

F Off!!! :tongue
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2004, 06:58 PM   #62
itvnetop
Playmaker

Ramseyfan: My quote you mentioned
"Emotions tend to get the better of some people after a loss- after consecutive losses, some become really irrational. "

wasn't intended at any one in particular... I should have expoused further what I meant by what i said... it's okay to criticize something you follow and love. the context of my quote was directed towards statements that reflect haste- such as "bench portis/coles" or "gibbs should go back to nascar" or "we suck". the only reason i spoke of irrational statements was because I just remember during the spurrier era after consecutive losses, names were being tossed around- sometimes towards fellow warpathers.

I should have clarified what I meant by irrational- in no way does it mean critical statements supported/backed up/followed by logic. What I have a problem with is words vented out of frustration and emotion.

Apologies to you if my post offended you or any other person on this list... it's the last thing I would want to do. We're all in the same boat, and I think everyone here is on edge b/c we're tired of losing. Which basically means we're all as hardcore as you can get when it comes to being Redskin fans. I haven't met most of you guys in person, but being here for a while now I've gained a sense of pride and community (very rare within the online environment).

Ok, Ok, enough sensitivity already... let's wax some Raven ass Sunday night!
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #63
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

itvnetop, good post. As far as the other classless one, I guess all we are supposed to do is ignore it...
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #64
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Iventop, thanks for your post clairfying your previous post. It wasn't so much any single post that got me (and a few others) on the defensive. I think it was just the whole "atmosphere" following the loss to the Browns. Another contributory factor was that electronic messages sometimes do not properly convey one's genuine attitude; so a post can often be taken in the wrong manner.

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone in my posts and for the second time, I do sincerely apologize if I did - believe me that it was in error.

Hogskin, I'm not quite sure what to say. I don't harbor any ill will towards you and I didn't mean to indicate that I do in any of my posts. My recent posts in this thread have been intended to "clear the air" and try to smooth things over. I tried to show where I was coming from - hence my apology and disclaimer that I was not trying to attack anyone, just explain things. I'm not quite sure why you're fired up at me....maybe its an "electronic misunderstanding?"
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #65
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

Fair enough, Ramseyfan. You made an excellent point about electronic messages. As far as the heated exchange, I guess you just hit a nerve for me on that one issue. It's all in the past as far as I am concerned. I don't ever hold grudges.

OH!!! I just realized you may think my last post was directed at you. It was not - it was for the "finger" I received.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:29 PM   #66
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

One last general comment, and I'll stop there. It seems very difficult to be allowed to just have a positive or hopeful thread here. Matty tried it with his thread - and even asked the negative posters to not post in that thread. They took it over. I tried a thread giving a message of hopefullness, and after several very positive responses, folks decided to tear it down.

There are so many negative threads here, it's a shame we are not able to have one positive one.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:14 AM   #67
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Thanks Hogskin, I think we cleared things up a bit.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #68
backrow
The Starter

I'm not fair weather, that's for sure!

After 38 years of watching the Redskins, I qualify as an all weather fan!

I said 8-8 at the beginning of the year because I know it takes time to adopt to a new system, no matter if it is HOF Coach Gibbs in charge! I figured he was 8-8 in his first year, first time, and would be again! I'm not disapointed! We are getting yards, we have a mediocre O, we have a great D, and a mediocre ST. It takes time!