Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Clayton: A 6th round pick for Ramsey

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #16
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Clayton: A 6th round pick for Ramsey

simms would cost a 1st and a 3rd... he's just not that good.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #17
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
simms would cost a 1st and a 3rd... he's just not that good.
Simms got his team to the playoffs this year so he's not bad. PR could not even beat out an old geezer for the starting job with the skins.

The skins are lucky to even get a 6th round pick for PR. He's had a million chances and just could not get it done. The skins should take this offer and let everyone move on.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #18
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Get rid of him and at least get something for him, even if it's just a 6th rounder it's better than what we'll get for him after this season when he walks... nothing.
I simply can't believe that we can't get more for him. I think people know that we are dumping him because we need the cap room and we have 2 other QBs. I say wait to trade him until we know (1) that the CBA isn't going to get extended and we are forced to dump him or (2) that we get higher compensation. A 6th round pick is friggin ridiculous.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #19
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
He's had a million chances and just could not get it done.
Let's not even go there again ... ever.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #20
dmek25
MVP

lets play alittle poker with the jets.they are the one team in this league with bigger cap issues than the redskins.their starter(pennington)makes a ton of money and his arm is shot.ramsey has a modest salary,has played against an nfl defense,and is healthy.the jets have less options than the skins.i say we hold onto him for at the very least a 3rd round pick.if we cant get that,he is the skins back up this year,knows the offense and keeps a good team first attitude.a 6th round pick is basically cutting him loose for nothing
Old 02-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #21
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
lets play alittle poker with the jets.they are the one team in this league with bigger cap issues than the redskins.their starter(pennington)makes a ton of money and his arm is shot.ramsey has a modest salary,has played against an nfl defense,and is healthy.the jets have less options than the skins.i say we hold onto him for at the very least a 3rd round pick.if we cant get that,he is the skins back up this year,knows the offense and keeps a good team first attitude.a 6th round pick is basically cutting him loose for nothing
no way anyone is giving us a third. thats a bluff the skins would lose every time.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #22
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Simms got his team to the playoffs this year so he's not bad. PR could not even beat out an old geezer for the starting job with the skins.

The skins are lucky to even get a 6th round pick for PR. He's had a million chances and just could not get it done. The skins should take this offer and let everyone move on.
i didn't say he was bad, but he's not worth a 1st rounder + a 3rd + money. most of the teams needing QBs have high picks anyways. and most rather take a shot with the draft than pay so heavily for an average QB.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #23
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
i didn't say he was bad, but he's not worth a 1st rounder + a 3rd + money. most of the teams needing QBs have high picks anyways. and most rather take a shot with the draft than pay so heavily for an average QB.
You are right, what you said was he's just not that good which to me is synonomous with bad.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #24
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
You are right, what you said was he's just not that good which to me is synonomous with bad.
ah, miscommunication
Old 02-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #25
Sean Taylor is God

Despite needing the cap room trading Ramsey would provide, he is an experienced first round draft pick QB. It's the highest value position and Ramsey has proven he can be at least a back-up in this league. He has a small, expiring contract and will give a team like the Jets a reliable safety blanket. I think we would be wise to hold on to him as long as possible, let the market pan out and then trade him to the most desperate team for nothing less than a fourth rounder. Only because he has great value as a backup for our team.
Sean Taylor is God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #26
#56fanatic
The Starter

We need to get what we can. Ramsey has no value now, or atleast minimal value. He has not played in two years, and played average if that when Steve Spurrier was here. I am a Ramsey fan. he had more value at the end of last year than he does now. Plus with all the other QBs out there that are now going to be free agents, I would be happy with a 6th rounder. The compensatory pick probably would be the same thing, maybe a 5th. I think its the right thing to do. We are going to need as many picks as we get to fill the roster when we have to cut alot of players.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #27
Huddle
Special Teams

The Redskins are leaking the Jets interest in an attempt to squeeze a third out of Miami but they'll settle for a fourth. The deal will be announced Thursday.

This information comes from a reliable source...me. I pulled it out of the same part of my anatomy as Clayton did his.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #28
dmek25
MVP

huddle,you say ramsey goes to miami for a third round pick?there is a god
Old 02-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #29
Schneed10
A Dude

Our hand is forced. We're going to need his cap room sooner or later, and teams know that. We can wait until the last minute, but we're going to need to just take what we can get. Even though it sucks.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #30
dblanch66
The Starter

A sixth round pick is a joke for a 1st round pick with NFL playing experience. Keep him on the roster for as long as possible and let the other teams who need QB's sweat it out. If the CBA goes thru this week, we will not be in as dire a cap situation as many think. If we get a measley 6th rounder and PR goes on the succeed for another team, we are gonna be steamed. PATIENCE!!!
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote