Recount Opinions

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #256
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You're right, a wall is ridiculous ... A fence is much more practical.

Opponents of the Texas-Mexico Border Fence Look to Obama - TIME

Oh .... and just so you don't think Mr. Obama was the lone Democrat on this:

Hillary Clinton: Border needs wall
(citing to a no longer available NY Daily News article).

But, hey, these articles are from 2009, and 2006 respectively. Clearly, we shouldn't judge folks by their actions eight or ten years ago ... that's ancient history, right?
Those ideas are terrible, they came from Dems so they are quite useless! Trump's wall is gold plated and comes with imported marble from the Franciscan Church and Monastery. All he needs is a small loan of 50 billion dollars from the American people, but wait he's totally gonna pay it back and then some!

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #257
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
They already have. They're called tunnels, and they are one of the main avenues of bringing drugs/guns/human trafficking into the country. Quick, let's build an underground wall too!
As you build the wall I would expect them to include underground sensors. Its not like we don't know how to incorporate eavesdropping tech into government projects.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #258
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My question was a pretty simple one,why can't you or won't you answer it?

again it was,"I am asking "if it's a" true accusation" whom would a Trump supporter " accept in "substantiating it"?They don't trust FBI,CIA and NSA so again who would you accept to "substantiate" it?

Give up man. He says whatever the fuck he feels like, and they build a truth around it. It's really that fucking sad and simple.
Luckily there are millions more of us than there are of them.
Let Donny play potus for a while. Hopefully he wont mess anything up that we cannot fix later.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #259
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Give up man. He says whatever the fuck he feels like, and they build a truth around it. It's really that fucking sad and simple.
Luckily there are millions more of us than there are of them.
Let Donny play potus for a while. Hopefully he wont mess anything up that we cannot fix later.
One of the most amazing things to me, is how often I think "that's exactly how I feel" when you or Matty are putting your thoughts down - of course with the names/parties changed. For example, I feel exactly the same way about Pres. Obama, he most definitely says BS and then his supporters build truth around it (albeit often with the help of a biased press corps). He, and the dems, had their time, now hopefully DT can come in and get the country back on track.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #260
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Editorial - With Trump 'bombshell,' fake news gains new life - Richmond Times-Dispatch: OUR OPINION

great take here. Buzzfeed has been educating folks about fake news...of course this became an issue "only" after Hillary loss because we need to blame someone other than the candidate.

So Buzzfeed is upset with false, fake news, but then they turn around an publish fake news. Folks you cant make up this hypocrisy.

"Somebody has been shopping the document around for a while, but reputable news organizations did not report on it because, as New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet explained, its contents are "totally unsubstantiated.""

Looks like this "fake news" wasn't fake at all. The document came from one of the world's most renowned Russian spies in the intelligence field, and currently owns one of the most respected intelligence agencies in the world. His work also helped expose FIFA, which led to the FBI arrests.

Christopher Steele, Trump Dossier Author, Is a Real-Life James Bond - NBC News

Nobody was "shopping" the document around. It had been passed around months prior, but nobody would run it since it was unverified. The part that bothers me the most is, the FBI had this document(via John McCain) well before the election and chose to go after Hillary and her emails when we might possibly have a Russian patsy in office? If Hillary had won the election and this shit had come out, I would guarantee you she would be investigated repeatedly the next 8 years, and possibly put up on impeachment articles for being a Russian spy.

There is some straight up legitimacy on this document. This kind of shit doesn't go into President and security council briefings for nothing.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-18-2017 at 09:30 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #261
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
1) It's not his "fucking job yet", and Pres Obama is making sure to use every possible day of his term to f*** up international relations.

2) No I don't care - again, I love seeing the tizzy libs get into over a tweet barrage. It makes me smile.

3) I still have yet to see any substantive policy plans from Trump's transition team that I would disagree with.

1) International relations have been fucked up for 60 years now dealing with the Middle East. What exactly make you think Obama is responsible for this? If anything, he's continued on with that same foreign policy.

2) That's the problem with politics. People view this shit as a game. They don't care how shitty their candidate is or how it affects their country, they are just happy to win so they can gloat.

3) SO you are down with destroying SS/Medicare/Medicaid? You are down with making 20 million people lose their health insurance policies? You are down with the 350 billion it's going to take to repeal the ACA? Make note, Trump has promised a replacement plan that will cover everybody. (yeah...right)
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 01-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #262
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
LOL and poor Bernie's response...I mean, the poor guy means well, but the good lord.

So if the Russians influenced anything, then clearly they were allowed by a weak Obama Administration and a weak State department. Period.

Why are you criticizing Bernie? He was right. Global warming is not only our greatest threat, it's the WORLD's greatest threat. The military just happens to agree with him.

Climate Change Is ‘Mother of All Risks' to National Security

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/612710
Old 01-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #263
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Why are you criticizing Bernie? He was right. Global warming is not only our greatest threat, it's the WORLD's greatest threat. The military just happens to agree with him.

Climate Change Is ‘Mother of All Risks' to National Security

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/612710

Jesus Christ the voice of reason always makes me feel good. Thanks for posting this NC!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 PM   #264
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
1) International relations have been fucked up for 60 years now dealing with the Middle East. What exactly make you think Obama is responsible for this? If anything, he's continued on with that same foreign policy.

2) That's the problem with politics. People view this shit as a game. They don't care how shitty their candidate is or how it affects their country, they are just happy to win so they can gloat.

3) SO you are down with destroying SS/Medicare/Medicaid? You are down with making 20 million people lose their health insurance policies? You are down with the 350 billion it's going to take to repeal the ACA? Make note, Trump has promised a replacement plan that will cover everybody. (yeah...right)

Fuckin right on NC. We want our affordable healthcare! Down with Obamacare! There are just a whole lotta clowns out there these days. Clowns.
Let em enjoy the circus for a few years. I never liked it anyway.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:01 AM   #265
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

Quote:
One of the most amazing things to me, is how often I think "that's exactly how I feel" when you or Matty are putting your thoughts down - of course with the names/parties changed. For example, I feel exactly the same way about Pres. Obama, he most definitely says BS and then his supporters build truth around it (albeit often with the help of a biased press corps). He, and the dems, had their time, now hopefully DT can come in and get the country back on track.

So Bush and Cheney have nothing to do with the state of affairs? Its all because of the last 8 years and the dems??
Come on Cred - they farted under the covers for years. All Obama did was change the sheets and let the stench out. Than the republicans played the "whoever smelt it dealt it " card.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:53 AM   #266
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So Bush and Cheney have nothing to do with the state of affairs? Its all because of the last 8 years and the dems??
Come on Cred - they farted under the covers for years. All Obama did was change the sheets and let the stench out. Than the republicans played the "whoever smelt it dealt it " card.
You won't see me defending much from Bush-Cheney. The last 16 years have been toxic in regards to the US political environment. And a lot of terrible laws have sprouted from that manure.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:56 AM   #267
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

Quote:
You won't see me defending much from Bush-Cheney. The last 16 years have been toxic in regards to the US political environment. And a lot of terrible laws have sprouted from that manure.

Fair enough. I took your last statement more as "obama screwed up a good thing" than "obama had his chance to fix things".
My bad.
Edit: I think you are underestimating the toxicity and bullshit deals that started in 1980 with ole Ron, and Ill throw Clinton in that shit box too. Just so you know I dont give dems a pass.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:14 AM   #268
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

I generally do not like politicians at all. I think Presidents are the most powerful puppets in the World. Puppets none the less.
Anyway Obama and his family had class. I appreciate them. I respect them as people. That is worth something to me.
I simply cannot respect Trump. Someone mentioned something today that I really have been thinking about. She said "I don't trust someone who cannot laugh". She was talking about Trump and it dawned on me that I have never seen the man laugh. Not even a little giggle? Wtf is that? Gotta be something wrong with his head man. The only time he laughed was when he got roasted by Hillary, and it was so forced and fake because he was on TV and he knew he had too.
Even when the guy smiles it is just a fake afterthought.
I know i know "who cares if he laughs he is gonna make America great again".
It sounds like a little silly thing, but the more I think about it the more disturbing it becomes.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:17 AM   #269
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Fair enough. I took your last statement more as "obama screwed up a good thing" than "obama had his chance to fix things".
My bad.
Definitely not the first. Bush Cheney epitomized alot of whatis stereotypically bad about conservatism. They made laws designed for the richest of the rich. Used their position to waste away a healthy budget in favor of a few. But pres Obama disregarded whole segments of the US, generally showed disdain for anything outside of his liberal social view and mostly smugly berated anyone who disagreed with his core beliefs.
So for 16 years about there has been a vast section of the US who first was betrayed by the republican core then derided by the democratic core. And you wonder why they don't believe word one out of either sides mouth. That's why Trump's calling out the republicans who wanted to gut the -ethics office.was just as cheered as when he calls out people from the liberal side of the equation.

He may very well turn out like you predict. I give him a 65/35 chance of actually affecting effective chance vs being a true charlatan and puppet. Not great odds but definitely better IMO than of a 100% chance of deepening the toxic swamp that is dc politics if we had continued either the bush wing or Clinton wing of us politics.

Most on here can disagree even vehemently over what the right course for the US going forward should be, I just think we all ought to agree that politics as divided as ours is can't be sustained for a long time and we all need to find the common ground which everyone can build up from. And the past 16 years ain't it.

I

Old 01-18-2017, 01:21 AM   #270
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Definitely not the first. Bush Cheney epitomized alot of whatis stereotypically bad about conservatism. They made laws designed for the richest of the rich. Used their position to waste away a healthy budget in favor of a few. But pres Obama disregarded whole segments of the US, generally showed disdain for anything outside of his liberal social view and mostly smugly berated anyone who disagreed with his core beliefs.
So for 16 years about there has been a vast section of the US who first was betrayed by the republican core then derided by the democratic core. And you wonder why they don't believe word one out of either sides mouth. That's why Trump's calling out the republicans who wanted to gut the -ethics office.was just as cheered as when he calls out people from the liberal side of the equation.

He may very well turn out like you predict. I give him a 65/35 chance of actually affecting effective chance vs being a true charlatan and puppet. Not great odds but definitely better IMO than of a 100% chance of deepening the toxic swamp that is dc politics if we had continued either the bush wing or Clinton wing of us politics.

Most on here can disagree even vehemently over what the right course for the US going forward should be, I just think we all ought to agree that politics as divided as ours is can't be sustained for a long time and we all need to find the common ground which everyone can build up from. And the past 16 years ain't it.

I

I do not see smugness from Obama but I agree with most of this.