Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bucs Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-3 win over the Bucs?
J. Norman 5 23.81%
P. Smith 0 0%
R. Anderson 4 19.05%
G. Stroman 2 9.52%
A. Peterson 1 4.76%
T. Way 7 33.33%
other 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #76
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
https://twitter.com/BurgundyBlog/sta...861236224?s=20

This is what you get with Alex.

Most important stat.

Ill give our D more credit than him, especially because you are not going to throw alot of picks when you only throw short passes. Comes with the territory. Eventually he is going to have to take more chances.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #77
calia
Playmaker

Well, as someone who thought we’d get crushed when our D was letting the Bucs move the ball with ease, I’m so thrilled to be wrong. Holding any team to 3 points is an achievement, yards notwithstanding. This win showed some grit - the D clamped down when it counted and the offense did just enough to win.

We’d all like to see the offense improve, but the injuries are brutal and missing 3 OL (two pro bowlers), your deep threat, and your 3rd down back is hard. And missing the CB whose had the best season in your squad isn’t easy either.

Getting some guys back will be crucial for the team to keep winning against better opponents and I hope that happens. A lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 03:14 AM   #78
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Whiners can suck it. The team gets a big win on the road, with all these injuries, against an NFC team, and you just can't bring yourself to enjoy it. F U - fair weather fans. You're the same ones that are probably selling your tickets to the other teams fans at home games. Josh Norman is right, we have the worst fans, collectively, in the NFL. It's over halfway through the season, the Skins are two games up in the NFC East, there's only like five teams in the entire NFL that have a better record, and it's just not good enough. Unbelievable... Do yourself (and us real fans) a favor and find another team to root for.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #79
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

What does a team that has 500 yards total offense average in points scored?
It has to be 40+. I cannot believe the Redskins let them march up and down the field and only gave up 3 points. I just listened on the radio. my TV died yesterday I could not have watched if I wanted to. The game must have been something to watch. Look at that, with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over, with a great punter and decent place kicker you can win by double digits on the road while being out gained by over 200 yards!
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What does a team that has 500 yards total offense average in points scored?
It has to be 40+. I cannot believe the Redskins let them march up and down the field and only gave up 3 points. I just listened on the radio. my TV died yesterday I could not have watched if I wanted to. The game must have been something to watch. Look at that, with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over, with a great punter and decent place kicker you can win by double digits on the road while being out gained by over 200 yards!
The yards are tough but TB is the #2 ranked Offense in football, they can score too so giving up 3 is amazing on the road, and the TO's were all forced not by luck.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Well, as someone who thought we’d get crushed when our D was letting the Bucs move the ball with ease, I’m so thrilled to be wrong. Holding any team to 3 points is an achievement, yards notwithstanding. This win showed some grit - the D clamped down when it counted and the offense did just enough to win.

We’d all like to see the offense improve, but the injuries are brutal and missing 3 OL (two pro bowlers), your deep threat, and your 3rd down back is hard. And missing the CB whose had the best season in your squad isn’t easy either.

Getting some guys back will be crucial for the team to keep winning against better opponents and I hope that happens. A lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CT and Crowder should both be back this week, they were very close to playing this week. I hope Dunbar can play, we will need him against DHOP and Thomas.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #82
GridIron26
Playmaker

Great defense performance!! Also we gotta give credits to Phil Rauscher for making sure new Oline players are on same page with Oline, I honestly expected TB defense to constantly pressure Alex throughout the game but dang, Redskins Oline players proved me wrong!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cooper is already an upgrade on SL, He should have been here a long time ago. He has a nasty streak to him. Now i don't feel as worried with Trent out against Houston
Old 11-12-2018, 08:40 AM   #84
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Whiners can suck it. The team gets a big win on the road, with all these injuries, against an NFC team, and you just can't bring yourself to enjoy it. F U - fair weather fans. You're the same ones that are probably selling your tickets to the other teams fans at home games. Josh Norman is right, we have the worst fans, collectively, in the NFL. It's over halfway through the season, the Skins are two games up in the NFC East, there's only like five teams in the entire NFL that have a better record, and it's just not good enough. Unbelievable... Do yourself (and us real fans) a favor and find another team to root for.
I will take the 6-3 with the 200 yard QB over 3-6 with the 400 yard QB any day of the week. I am old school anyway, 45-38 games don't do anything for me. The Redskins are just finding a way to win, which is great.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #85
Back2RFK
Special Teams

So can you pump your chest and brag that the other team got 500 yards of O but only had 3 points to show for it? What I do like is that this team is finding ways to win.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #86
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

When this team holds opposing offenses to under 20, we are 6-0. That is no fluke, yes its ugly but that stat shows this defense can be a legit threat in the playoffs, when defense matters the most.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #87
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I agree with Dan Hellie:

The national media tends to focus on the Alabama guys... Ioannidis is the engine that makes the Redskins D-line go.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #88
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
When this team holds opposing offenses to under 20, we are 6-0. That is no fluke, yes its ugly but that stat shows this defense can be a legit threat in the playoffs, when defense matters the most.
My biggest concern is that Manusky (like Gruden) lacks the ability or will to change up his game-plan. I'm in full support of not getting burned deep, but when we have our (fairly) talented corners playing that far back, people can dink and dunk us to death. Look what happened when we played two competent QBs.

I love our defensive talent right now, and I don't think Manusky is using it right on the back end.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #89
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

'17: 6-3
'16: 7-2
'15: 4-5 (but then went 7-0)
'14: 5-3
'13: 9-0

This is Alex Smith's record thru week 10 since 2013.

That is damn good
Old 11-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #90
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
My biggest concern is that Manusky (like Gruden) lacks the ability or will to change up his game-plan. I'm in full support of not getting burned deep, but when we have our (fairly) talented corners playing that far back, people can dink and dunk us to death. Look what happened when we played two competent QBs.

I love our defensive talent right now, and I don't think Manusky is using it right on the back end.
I think he plays it safe a lot, lets the DL do the work and that is fine. Our secondary has had very good games and some very bad games. Dunbar out hurts but Stroman has played well IMO. Nobody is talking about Josh but he has been lights out since NO