Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-05-2021, 07:43 AM   #181
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He's right though, it isn't fair. Everybody who stormed the capitol is getting arrested and charged with serious crimes, the guy and his cronies who incited the riot aren't even being hit with any crime.

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2021, 05:26 PM   #182
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I guess we can thank Trump for the inevitable fence put up around the Capitol. Thanks Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sw...id=hplocalnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUSA9
There were questions and concerns surrounding the lack of assistance early in the insurrection. As a result, the recommendations included the USCP chief not needing the board's approval to request access for assistance from the National Guard. Additionally, the commanding general of the DC National Guard should have "emergency authority...in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the President is impossible..." USCP should also develop a plan for employing outside law enforcement in accordance to the National Incident Management System, according to the report.
Is he talking about extraordinary emergency circumstances where the POTUS encourages his supporters to go show the GOP how tough they are?
Old 03-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #183
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I guess we can thank Trump for the inevitable fence put up around the Capitol. Thanks Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sw...id=hplocalnews

Is he talking about extraordinary emergency circumstances where the POTUS encourages his supporters to go show the GOP how tough they are?
Old 04-05-2021, 12:56 PM   #184
MTK
\m/

Half of Republicans believe false accounts of deadly U.S. Capitol riot: Reuters/Ipsos poll

So basically half of Republicans are morons
Old 04-05-2021, 01:28 PM   #185
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I will respond for Chico. Do you know what the far left deep state and CNN and G-1 and you and Mooby and me and Any person of color and their pets and BLM believe? The opposite of what this says plus the opposite of what other people believe. Therefore if you multiply that by the square root of the amout of yards RG-3 would have rushed for if he stayed healthy if Hillary didn’t delete those emails than you would see the truth!
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #186
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

January 6th was terrible...but the politicization later is what people despise. The eye rolling of AOC bullshit acts like gop almost got me killed or I was buildings away but feared for my life. When orgs and media give time to that, it’s exhausting.

I was reading the other day, most folks who are charged...no jail time and no felonies.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:26 PM   #187
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
January 6th was terrible...but the politicization later is what people despise. The eye rolling of AOC bullshit acts like gop almost got me killed or I was buildings away but feared for my life. When orgs and media give time to that, it’s exhausting.

I was reading the other day, most folks who are charged...no jail time and no felonies.
Lets be honest, if they were people in that crowd willing to beat cops to death just to get inside, if they had reached AOC no doubt they would've battered her half to death at minimum. Sure, you wouldn't have done anything. But you don't have to speak for your fellow party patriots.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:13 AM   #188
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lets be honest, if they were people in that crowd willing to beat cops to death just to get inside, if they had reached AOC no doubt they would've battered her half to death at minimum. Sure, you wouldn't have done anything. But you don't have to speak for your fellow party patriots.
Her using that hypothetical to score cheap political points works apparently.

When is she going to the border to pull her fake crying stunt again?

It’s really quite amazing to see kids in cages again and seeing the silence from you and others here. Peak bullshit y’all sling

He Gets Us
Old 04-06-2021, 07:54 AM   #189
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

It’s really quite amazing to see kids in cages again and seeing the silence from you and others here. Peak bullshit y’all sling
I disagree with it, my stance hasn't changed.

I also acknowledge the situation is unlikely to change unless immigration reform happens, which is anyone's guess if it actually happens.

Not sure what more you're looking for here.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:45 AM   #190
MTK
\m/

silence lol, didn't realize we're supposed to talk about every single damn thing going on in the world otherwise we're somehow ignoring it, just bring something up if you want to talk about it
Old 04-06-2021, 09:55 AM   #191
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

No Chico. What is despised is that the former president and his gang of lunatics attempted a coup and he walked away. AOC rolls her eyes after she almost got captured by said lunatics and that is what bothers you? Holy shit man.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #192
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Kids are not being taken from their parents you numbskull. They are being held and we are trying to do things the legal way. If we let them go you would be screaming about future gang members getting government assistance. Take your crap ass spin and sit on it.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #193
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Kids are not being taken from their parents you numbskull. They are being held and we are trying to do things the legal way. If we let them go you would be screaming about future gang members getting government assistance. Take your crap ass spin and sit on it.
Lol...see this? Goal post moving.

The receipts are the weapons against miss information like this opinion.

Wall Contruction at the southern border is back:

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...mpression=true

Also the wall building is back as “plug holes”...you can’t make this stuff up. Kids in cages is now “doing it the legal way”?? And wall building (or the correct way of saying it securing the border against illegals, human traffickers who sexual assault, drug and gun runners as well as terrorists) is now “ plugging holes”.

He Gets Us
Old 04-06-2021, 11:52 AM   #194
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Lol...see this? Goal post moving.

The receipts are the weapons against miss information like this opinion.

Wall Contruction at the southern border is back:

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...mpression=true

Also the wall building is back as “plug holes”...you can’t make this stuff up. Kids in cages is now “doing it the legal way”?? And wall building (or the correct way of saying it securing the border against illegals, human traffickers who sexual assault, drug and gun runners as well as terrorists) is now “ plugging holes”.

Nobody is moving the goalposts. You mentioned kids in cages. I am pointing out the difference between Trump ripping them from their parents. Every single thing you say is to take heat off what your God did for four years by comparison. Yet you never had a problem during your Gods reign with any of it. There is a right way and a wrong way to get things done. Now that things are being done the right way you are up in arms. It is laughable. The other problem is 85% of what you say is absolute horseshit. There was always fence being built at the southern border Chico. Long before your God had what he thought was a brilliant idea - Just not to the tune of 60 kazillion dollars like dipshit wanted. You are the only one moving goalposts. Btw the majority of terrorists we need to worry about are your maga brethren who already live among us.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:55 AM   #195
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
silence lol, didn't realize we're supposed to talk about every single damn thing going on in the world otherwise we're somehow ignoring it, just bring something up if you want to talk about it
This is the part that is frustrating. But when you think about it, it's completely understandable.

You're (every person here including myself) just way less likely to bring up negative issues about someone or the party you generally support. It's just human condition. And you're way more likely to point out issues of the people you don't support. And there are more liberals here than conservatives, which makes sense based on where the team is located. So as a conservative, me expecting most of you to come in here and bash BIden, AOC, etc. on a regular basis is simply not realistic. But it still gets frustrating. Damn brain is weird. I know the reasons, but still don't always accept them.

Below isn't a direct response to you, just a general comment about the border:

NO ONE WANTS KIDS IN CAGES! It didn't put a smile on my face when it was happening under Trump and it doesn't now. But there are no easy answers to how to handle thousands and thousands of people coming across our border regularly. We need to deter people from coming here illegally and work on upgrading the legal immigration process. Until people feel their chances of getting here and staying are way less than their chances of being arrested and sent back, people will continue to come. Why wouldn't they? They're just playing the math.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote