Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I Don't Like That - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2019, 11:41 PM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I Don't Like That - Post Game Thread

Positives: McLaurin and playing on Thursday night. Get that L out of the way early in the week so I don't even have to think about wasting a Sunday on them.

Negatives: Moreau and Norman are so fucking terrible. Starting Case Keenum next Sunday.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2019, 11:55 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: I Don't Like That - Post Game Thread

Immediate thoughts -

Fuck Bruce Allen. Moreau is a JAG, who only gets reps because we had to trade Fuller to get Alex Smith, when we probably could've traded for Keenum on the cheap because the Vikings got Cousins. Norman - it boggles my mind that between him and Collins we have $150 mil tied up between the two and neither are playmakers. Collins makes tackles, but for the money we pay him he needs to be forcing turnovers. Norman, idk if he's playing like this because he's hurt, but if he can't be an effective corner because he's hurt then get his ass out of the game. Two poor FA contracts handed out by this FO, once again reflecting poorly on Bruce.

Haskins - watch this video of his postgame presser and tell me he looks the slightest bit confident that he knows what he's doing. You guys are delusional, thinking that a rookie qb who can't set his feet, needs to rework his throwing motion, can't scan the field, can't diag pre-snap coverage, lacks pocket awareness and probably knows 1/10 of the playbook will get better taking his lumps on the field.

This defense - So we held them to 19 points. Whoop-de-fucking-do. We also gave their punter a night off because he never had to punt. The thing that stands out to me is the glaring lack of a dominant middle linebacker. We haven't had one since Fletcher left, and Fletcher left probably 2 years too late. The defense has so much room for improvement. And I love Dunbar but god damn he can't stay healthy.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:13 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

You hold a hot offense to 19 at home...defense did it’s job.

Situational football strategy with the offense is terrible. Red zone offense was terrible.

Haskins comes in with a clean pocket, wide open wr with a basic, easy throw and can’t even make it. Instead throws an interception. I have no faith in him or this organization in coaching him. So far he’s been a terrible draft pick

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:40 AM   #4
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Both first round picks are a bust
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Both first round picks are a bust
Sweat doing nothing and Preston Smith is now a pro bowler. Our coaching staff is easily the worst in the league, paired with garbage GM...fuck this team and everyone involved in the franchise. Imo we need to fire everyone...and rebuild the franchise and it’s structure.

He Gets Us
Old 10-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

9 straight quarters without a TD...the offense has gotten worse since Jay has left. So Kevin OConnell isn't impressing

He Gets Us
Old 10-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #7
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Our offense is too bad to be this conservative. I really hope that Callahan and O'Connell research a concept called the forward pass. In terms of defense giving up 19 points isn't really something to be too happy about. The Vikings played conservatively on offense and we still couldn't stop them. Every drive of theirs minus the two minute warning before the half was intended to run time off the clock and not put players in jeopardy by being aggressive.

The last two games the defense has given up a total of 28 points, which is great compared to where they were at the beginning of the year, but both of the teams we played knew how to do just enough to win and play conservatively.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:01 AM   #8
HTTR
Special Teams

I think what pains me most is that we’re down to hating on players, especially young ones. Some of them may be true NFL busts, but we’ll never know in this organization, because there is no player development and no coaching.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:19 AM   #9
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Haskins - watch this video of his postgame presser and tell me he looks the slightest bit confident that he knows what he's doing. You guys are delusional, thinking that a rookie qb who can't set his feet, needs to rework his throwing motion, can't scan the field, can't diag pre-snap coverage, lacks pocket awareness and probably knows 1/10 of the playbook will get better taking his lumps on the field.
His demeanor in the post-game press conference was absolutely shocking. Someone who talks like that behind a podium does not deserve to even be a backup QB in this league. If he is like this in front of the cameras, how bad is he when no one is watching and he's just around the other players and coaches. This completely jives with all the reports about how he wasn't putting the work in, not showing interest in meetings, not paying attention, not studying or preparing.

I'm not going to definitively say that Haskins will be a good starting QB.... but the changes of it ever happening are less than 1%. He has displayed a complete lack of confidence and leadership.

I'm not even remotely interested in seeing Haskins play this year or next. If we have a top 3 pick, we need to spend it on a QB.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
I think what pains me most is that we’re down to hating on players, especially young ones. Some of them may be true NFL busts, but we’ll never know in this organization, because there is no player development and no coaching.
+1

The old rule was give it 3 years to judge a draft pick, for good reason. Not everybody can walk into the league and dominate from day one.

Nobody gets that luxury around here, because guys want to see instant results to figure out if we need to get a replacement next year.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #11
rocnrik
Playmaker

Haskins attitude turned me off day one .. entitled is the word that comes to mind.. another busted pick! This front office is so bad .. Haskins should have been a mid round development type pick not the number 15 !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

I guess Portis and other ex-players were right when they voiced their concerns about the fan base quickly turning on Haskins.

Dude hasn't had a real shot yet. He's barely played. He hasn't had a full week of getting 100% of the snaps as the starter. Chill.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #13
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I guess Portis and other ex-players were right when they voiced their concerns about the fan base quickly turning on Haskins.

Dude hasn't had a real shot yet. He's barely played. He hasn't had a full week of getting 100% of the snaps as the starter. Chill.
The fans haven't "turned" on Haskins. They realized he was not a good pick at 15 from the outset. And Haskins' performance in camp, in practice, in meetings, in games, and in the press conference has only confirmed that our opinions of him were correct.

Bottom line - Haskins has done nothing to prove he's worthy of any level of support or respect. If he wants that support, he needs to EARN it like everyone else.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:19 AM   #14
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
The fans haven't "turned" on Haskins. They realized he was not a good pick at 15 from the outset. And Haskins' performance in camp, in practice, in meetings, in games, and in the press conference has only confirmed that our opinions of him were correct.

Bottom line - Haskins has done nothing to prove he's worthy of any level of support or respect. If he wants that support, he needs to EARN it like everyone else.
Turned/not giving him a fair shot... same thing
Old 10-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We have played 8 games, and Haskins has only played in parts of 2. The bust talk this early is kinda insane to me. He is a young kid with limited experience. Yes, Case is better now, but he isn't good enough to lead us to wins and the season is over. Time to let Haskins play the rest of the season.

Sweat is learning how to rush the passer against pro tackles. Give the kid sometime.

Not all rookies are going to come in guns a blazing.

Give the kids a chance.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote