Old 01-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
-Om-
Special Teams

Om Field: What Went Wrong - The Experts Weigh In

Happy New Year.

What Went Wrong - The Experts Weigh In
Jan. 1, 2009

So that's that.

With their loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, the 2008 Washington Redskins (8-8) capped off a rollercoaster season—one that began with tumultuous regime change, had their fans breathing the rarified air of contenders in October, and saw them brought precipitously back to earth as pretenders in December.

Along the way, there were great moments we won’t soon forget—like the brilliant Campbell-to-Moss bomb against New Orleans that gave the Redskins life in week two, and the back-to-back road wins in Dallas and Philadelphia to reach 4-1 and ignite January dreams.

There were crushing moments we’d like to forget—like the Pittsburgh Steelers coming to town and systematically throttling the 6-2 Redskins under the bright lights of Monday Night Football, exposing the chasm between the Redskins and the NFL elite ... and the crushing Mike Sellers’ goal-line fumble in Cincinnati that effectively ended the 2008 season.

And so now we head into Expert Season, the eight month odyssey between this season and next that everyone—from the highly-paid talking heads on TV to the office know-it-all in the next cubicle—will spend telling you What Went Wrong ...

CLICK HERE to read more
-Om- is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Om Field: What Went Wrong - The Experts Weigh In

Ha-Ha. Nice.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
REDSKIN1
Special Teams

And so the madness begins....
Old 01-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
-Om-
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKIN1 View Post
You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Wait 'til we get to What Needs To Be Done.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Do you like get money for this? I mean does the WP use your material or the WT and do they pay you for any articles they use in their papers? Your a good writer don't get me wrong, it was very nicely written but it definitly seemed you did your homework by coming on the message boards and taking all the banter and putting it into a nice package on your web page. It would be nice to know that more then just the Warpath bloggers are seeing it like maybe people who read the Post or Times or maybe even Ole Danny himself.

I do take exception to the fact you left out my gripe though.......replacing Hixon. LOL.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
-Om-
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Do you like get money for this? I mean does the WP use your material or the WT and do they pay you for any articles they use in their papers? Your a good writer don't get me wrong, it was very nicely written but it definitly seemed you did your homework by coming on the message boards and taking all the banter and putting it into a nice package on your web page. It would be nice to know that more then just the Warpath bloggers are seeing it like maybe people who read the Post or Times or maybe even Ole Danny himself.

I do take exception to the fact you left out my gripe though.......replacing Hixon. LOL.
Damn, I forgot.

It was Hixon's fault.

To answer your question, of course I check out the message boards. I also listen to the radio provocatuers (though it's hard to take more than a few minutes of the rabble rousing they do and armchair generals who they goad into calling in), read the "mainstream media" and check out the NFL Network and ESPN. I'm a Redskins addict. I just distill what I read and hear into a recipe I can stomach and write about what it tastes like to me.

I have no idea, really, who is reading. My guess is mostly other junkies. I know someone is, though, so I keep at it. And for the record, no, no one's offered to pay me for my opinion yet. Or to keep my mouth shut, for that matter.

But I'm still more or less young.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Nicely done. My only complaint is my scape goat Hixon. LOL. package it. wrap it up. e-mail it to Danny. LOL. Several hundred times. LOL.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
perez24
Camp Scrub

I think what this article shows is that it was everything. The defense was great, unless of course the Redskins needed the ball back or needed to stop a time consuming drive as the other team ran out the clock. THe offense was decent at times, but seemed to give up an inopportune sack, drop, penalty, whatever.
perez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKIN1 View Post
Ninnyism, and Dumbassery will soon be raised to stratospheric heights.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
44ever

Had fun reading this one.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
Miller101
Special Teams

great article!

It was Danny and Vinny by the way! For not bringing in Russ Grimm as a head coach!

You heard it here first!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perez24 View Post
I think what this article shows is that it was everything. The defense was great, unless of course the Redskins needed the ball back or needed to stop a time consuming drive as the other team ran out the clock. THe offense was decent at times, but seemed to give up an inopportune sack, drop, penalty, whatever.
Well written -Om-, great article! Welcome Perez24! I also blame it on the O & the D!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
backrow
The Starter

Another expert over at HailRedskins.com, Akhhorus has in his 2008 post-mortem; What went right, What went wrong, What are the biggest problems heading into 2009 offseason, What are the best assets the franchise has, Cause of death for 2008 season, What is the ultimate problem for this team, Why have they failed for so long, And he subdivides his 3 tracks for the offseason, 1. What he would do as GM, 2. What he is realistically hoping they will do, 3. What VC will talk himself into doing.

Hopefully I get the link right!

Akh’s Thoughts: 2008 Post-Mortem | hailRedskins.com

If you have ever read Akh's observations you would know he is A#1 tops at what he does!
Enjoy!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Another expert over at HailRedskins.com, Akhhorus has in his 2008 post-mortem; What went right, What went wrong, What are the biggest problems heading into 2009 offseason, What are the best assets the franchise has, Cause of death for 2008 season, What is the ultimate problem for this team, Why have they failed for so long, And he subdivides his 3 tracks for the offseason, 1. What he would do as GM, 2. What he is realistically hoping they will do, 3. What VC will talk himself into doing.

Hopefully I get the link right!

Akh’s Thoughts: 2008 Post-Mortem | hailRedskins.com

If you have ever read Akh's observations you would know he is A#1 tops at what he does!
Enjoy!
Wow, that is some of the best team analysis I've seen. Thanks for the link. Great stuff.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Wow, that is some of the best team analysis I've seen. Thanks for the link. Great stuff.
I'll second that!