Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: If you owned the team would you have signed Reuben Foster?
Yes 16 35.56%
No 29 64.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #61
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,588
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

If the Pats, Rams, etc...the spin is good, safe, lil risk move.

Its the Skins so this is classless organization.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #62
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,276
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Sanchez was with the Bears last year. He didn't play in a game but he was on a team and practicing. Kaep wasn't.

Hmmm...


On March 23, 2017, Sanchez signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears.[120] The Bears had noted the "positive influence" Sanchez had as a mentor to rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and looked for him to play a similar role in the development of rookie Mitchell Trubisky.[121] On May 30, 2017, Sanchez suffered a small knee injury in his left knee. He missed the remainder of OTA's and the minicamp. In response, the Bears rescinded the waiver request to Connor Shaw following the injury to Sanchez.[122] Sanchez made the Bears' final roster third on the quarterback depth chart behind Trubisky and Mike Glennon, but did not play at all in 2017.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #63
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Posts: 19,101
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

I'm still in "wait and see" mode on this, but not a fan initially. It's like the Redskins said, "Hey, it's POSSIBLE this guy might be absolved of any wrongdoing, so let's just take a chance on a potential piece of shit." Ehh, if all charges are dropped (not filed?) then it sits a little better, but man this isn't even a second chance, more like a fifth?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #64
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 782
Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Twitter post from Chris Russel:

To add to this from last night: Told this morning that key personnel people AND some important assistant coaches are not on board with acquisition of Foster. What matters? Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen & Dan Snyder approved it. #Redskins”


Fuck this team. Gruden sucks as a coach, Bruce Allen is worthless garbage, and Snyder is the worse owner in sports. Pure filth. A disgrace to people like Joe Gibbs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #65
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,141
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If the Pats, Rams, etc...the spin is good, safe, lil risk move.

Its the Skins so this is classless organization.
Totally agree. American culture is now a culture of instant outrage. The bigger issue to me is that the Skins have put themselves is the position of being looked at through that lens.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,163
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Twitter post from Chris Russel:

To add to this from last night: Told this morning that key personnel people AND some important assistant coaches are not on board with acquisition of Foster. What matters? Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen & Dan Snyder approved it. #Redskins”


Fuck this team. Gruden sucks as a coach, Bruce Allen is worthless garbage, and Snyder is the worse owner in sports. Pure filth. A disgrace to people like Joe Gibbs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again it's because Jay knows he's on the hot seat and he has to win or else its over.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #67
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,141
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Hmmm...


On March 23, 2017, Sanchez signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears.[120] The Bears had noted the "positive influence" Sanchez had as a mentor to rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and looked for him to play a similar role in the development of rookie Mitchell Trubisky.[121] On May 30, 2017, Sanchez suffered a small knee injury in his left knee. He missed the remainder of OTA's and the minicamp. In response, the Bears rescinded the waiver request to Connor Shaw following the injury to Sanchez.[122] Sanchez made the Bears' final roster third on the quarterback depth chart behind Trubisky and Mike Glennon, but did not play at all in 2017.
The last sentence is what I said. Thanks.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #68
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,456
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Twitter post from Chris Russel:

To add to this from last night: Told this morning that key personnel people AND some important assistant coaches are not on board with acquisition of Foster. What matters? Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen & Dan Snyder approved it. #Redskins”


Fuck this team. Gruden sucks as a coach, Bruce Allen is worthless garbage, and Snyder is the worse owner in sports. Pure filth. A disgrace to people like Joe Gibbs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that is what really matters in any business right? If the bosses think something is best that is the way it rolls.

I am an innocent till proven guilty kind of guy so I will wait and see before throwing the team under the bus.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #69
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 782
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Again it's because Jay knows he's on the hot seat and he has to win or else its over.


Will signing a suspended player is going to do nothing to help


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #70
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,031
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

I'm sure there are plenty of moves that are made around the league where not everyone in the FO is "on board with it". Non issue.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #71
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,932
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

The thought has occurred to me that the reason we keep accumulating Alabama players has at least something to do with a long term play to lure Nick Saban to succeed Jay Gruden.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:09 AM   #72
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,588
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The thought has occurred to me that the reason we keep accumulating Alabama players has at least something to do with a long term play to lure Nick Saban to succeed Jay Gruden.
Ive had the same thought recently and I wouldn't be opposed to that happening.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #73
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,456
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

I heard Saban does want another crack at the NFL. He strikes me as the kind of guy that wants to prove he is the best anyplace anywhere.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #74
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,063
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The thought has occurred to me that the reason we keep accumulating Alabama players has at least something to do with a long term play to lure Nick Saban to succeed Jay Gruden.


Why would Saban ever leave Bama. He hated his time in Cleveland and failed miserably with Miami. He is a God in college.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #75
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,228
Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Bob Papa said this looks like a desperation move by the skins FO, Meaning they know if things go south like they appear, guys will lose jobs. Most are clowning the skins after this move but IMO I think it's a easy decision. If he can't play no harm is done and if he can play he may be a good addition.
It is a desperation move. Have you see our run defense the last several weeks?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.13343 seconds with 11 queries