Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #151
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
You don’t think a cancer scare is a big deal for someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the reported story is true about TW needing to get a second opinion that is strange considering it was a Redskin team doctor. I can see an HMO doctor telling Joe Sixpack the growth is nothing and if they want it removed it would be considered elective surgery, not covered by insurance and done outside the network. Not sure how medical coverage for NFL players works, but we all know the Redskin's and TW could pay for such surgery out of the petty cash fund. TW should have been given a referral to someone to see about removal of the growth and having it tested, if the team doctor doesn't provide such services.

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #152
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ction-redskins

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 06-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #153
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah I know but the skins always have drama
And the Jets, Browns, and Raiders don't always have drama?
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-06-2019, 10:52 AM   #154
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
And the Jets, Browns, and Raiders don't always have drama?
Yes but still sucks to be apart of that list
Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #155
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes but still sucks to be apart of that list
But the point is, we're not the only team with drama. Hell, even the perfect Pittsburgh Steelers went through a year of drama with their two best players.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #156
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think Grant Paulson on the radio this morning had the best take about the situation....Yes Trent may be upset how the Skins didn't communicate the proper urgency with the growth on head, and it probably scared him to death once he found out. BUT to think the Skins would be purposely negligent with their most valuable player of the last 10 year is silly.

While the anger is probably real its most likely overblown, leverage play for a bigger deal especially with the limited amount of guaranteed money after this year. Forget the handling of the injury...look at the fact Trent has missed time do to injury recently, if he gets injured and misses time again this season, he could be cut will little impact to the cap next offseason. Then he faces a new deal with a lot of questions: Injury prone, turning 32 before the 2020 season. Trent and his agent at the minimum are trying to squeeze some more guarantee money attached to the end of the deal or trying to maximize an extension with the team.

one thing is for sure, its highly, highly unlikely Trent will sit out and miss game checks of nearly a million per.

He Gets Us
Old 06-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #157
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think Grant Paulson on the radio this morning had the best take about the situation....Yes Trent may be upset how the Skins didn't communicate the proper urgency with the growth on head, and it probably scared him to death once he found out. BUT to think the Skins would be purposely negligent with their most valuable player of the last 10 year is silly.
Agreed. I also would want to understand why Trent is relying on team doctors to treat a potential tumor on his scalp. If I had a tumor on my scalp, id go see a dermatologist and have them look at it. If they were worried about it, they'd order a biopsy and/or refer to an oncologist of some kind.

We definitely need more information because Trents being angry at the team doctors does not seem rational given the facts we have. It could be there are other facts we don't have that would completely change the story, though.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:49 AM   #158
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ross Tucker on the Morning drive this morning said "The Redskins would be crazy to trade Trent Williams"
Old 06-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #159
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Ross Tucker on the Morning drive this morning said "The Redskins would be crazy to trade Trent Williams"
Its obviously not something they want to do. However, IF the rumors are true that this is not about money and has vowed to never play for the team again and he's committed to sitting out indefinitely, even if it costs him game checks, then what other choice do they have?

I hope the situation is not as dire as some reports, but if Trent really is determined, he can force them to trade him by refusing to withhold his services.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #160
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Its obviously not something they want to do. However, IF the rumors are true that this is not about money and has vowed to never play for the team again and he's committed to sitting out indefinitely, even if it costs him game checks, then what other choice do they have?

I hope the situation is not as dire as some reports, but if Trent really is determined, he can force them to trade him by refusing to withhold his services.
unless they get best value for him I'd say fuck em. Go ahead and sit out and smoke weed dude. You'll be a year older and a lineman who hasn't played in an NFL game in a year. Someone would sign him but would he get a great deal of money? This isn't L. Bell we're talking about here.......

( if the "not about money" reports are true )
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 06-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #161
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sheehan killing Skins and especially Bruce with the handling and anticipation of how the Skins will screw this up.

Sheehan saying its funny how Bruce ramped up the interviews after the draft after being in hiding for the last year...to take credit for the draft which was well received around the league. But expect cowardly Bruce to disappear in another league wide story about the Organization dysfunction.

Sheehan says this story is another reminder of just how screwed up the Organization truly is...and he says he would look to move on from Trent if a 2nd round pick would appear.

He Gets Us
Old 06-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #162
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
unless they get best value for him I'd say fuck em. Go ahead and sit out and smoke weed dude. You'll be a year older and a lineman who hasn't played in an NFL game in a year. Someone would sign him but would he get a great deal of money? This isn't L. Bell we're talking about here.......

( if the "not about money" reports are true )
I am inclined to agree. However, if a startable tackle gets cut by another team and the skins can sign him, then we have some options. At that point, trent becomes expendable.

IF we determined the relationship is unsalvageable, then shipping TW to a team for a starting player at another position of need (plus a draft pick, depending on the player) makes a lot of sense.

For example, we need an all-around tight end. Minnesota needs a tackle. Trading TW for Kyle Rudolph plus something else significant, could make a lot of sense for both teams (Minnesota would have to re-do Trents contract to something more team-friendly the next couple years). It would also allow us to cut VD and free up cap space.

Preferably, we work things out with Trent, but there are deals out there that could be made if he pushes things.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #163
Meks
Pro Bowl

i mean, it's an initial reaction to feel the way i do, but ya gotta figure that the national media are doing the best they can to trash the redskins as usual, and there might not be anything but a contract issue at play here. If thats the case? Ya try your best to get it done within reason. If the other half is true then I would have no problem trading him for a 2nd and 3rd. Sadly.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 06-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #164
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sheehan killing Skins and especially Bruce with the handling and anticipation of how the Skins will screw this up.

Sheehan saying its funny how Bruce ramped up the interviews after the draft after being in hiding for the last year...to take credit for the draft which was well received around the league. But expect cowardly Bruce to disappear in another league wide story about the Organization dysfunction.

Sheehan says this story is another reminder of just how screwed up the Organization truly is...and he says he would look to move on from Trent if a 2nd round pick would appear.
To be fair to the team, I would imagine that HIPPA laws prevent the team from commenting on the specifics of Trent's condition without his consent. This is not a football-related medical condition, so i'm assuming whatever waivers players normally sign to allow teams to release injury-related issues would not apply here.

I'm hoping Trent's agent is just leaking stuff to give his client additional leverage in contract negotiations.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #165
MTK
\m/

I think all will be well if they offered to make him the highest paid OL in the game.