Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Are the Skins hiding something?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
GoSkins!
The Starter

Are the Skins hiding something?

Over the last few days it doesn't seem like much has been happening at Redskins park. No DB signed (even the Fisher thing is dying out), no DT, no OG (we haven't even brougth in Mulitalo). Even the talks about Bly seem to have stopped. The Skins seem content at all these positions even though we, the fans, don't.

After thinking about all these things the past few days I am becoming convinced that the Skins have a deal in place with the Broncos and the Texans for a draft day trade. If this is the case, all teams would have to keep quiet to minimize the chance of another team finding out and trying to trade ahead and aquire a targeted player. Different senarios would set things up better for a trade with one, or the other, or both teams. It also explains why the skins are content to watch quality free agents go on to other teams. Every day that goes by where we have no starting OG makes me believe more firmly that the Skins are hiding something.

We all know the trade senarios by now, the question is who else believes the skins already have a deal...

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
RedskinPete
The Starter

Re: Are the Skins hiding something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins! View Post
Over the last few days it doesn't seem like much has been happening at Redskins park. No DB signed (even the Fisher thing is dying out), no DT, no OG (we haven't even brougth in Mulitalo). Even the talks about Bly seem to have stopped. The Skins seem content at all these positions even though we, the fans, don't.

After thinking about all these things the past few days I am becoming convinced that the Skins have a deal in place with the Broncos and the Texans for a draft day trade. If this is the case, all teams would have to keep quiet to minimize the chance of another team finding out and trying to trade ahead and aquire a targeted player. Different senarios would set things up better for a trade with one, or the other, or both teams. It also explains why the skins are content to watch quality free agents go on to other teams. Every day that goes by where we have no starting OG makes me believe more firmly that the Skins are hiding something.

We all know the trade senarios by now, the question is who else believes the skins already have a deal...
I hope you are right that there is a plan. I have begone not to believe that FO and Danny S can get us[Redskins] back to the story team that we were in the 80's. It really makes you wish for the Cook days. Bad move after Bad move. For the first time in my life unless something eles picks up in the off season I see this team with little chance of winning next year!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

By George I think you've got it! ya.... We're in the MIDDLE OF SOME KIND OF CONSPRIACY, I WANNA KNOW WHAT'S SHAKIN ???????
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
I hope you are right that there is a plan. I have begone not to believe that FO and Danny S can get us[Redskins] back to the story team that we were in the 80's. It really makes you wish for the Cook days. Bad move after Bad move. For the first time in my life unless something eles picks up in the off season I see this team with little chance of winning next year!
Man, cheer up and chill out! We haven't even gotten a 1/3 of the way through the offseason yet. I'm as excited about the Skins as I've been in years. We have Joe Gibbs and world of talent on this team, that alone pumps me up! I know this past season was awful, but I would like to think things will be a lot better next season. I like the moves that have been made so far this offseason, and I think the draft will bring us some more talent to help us win.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
Crat92
Special Teams

It's a C-O-N-spiracy!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins! View Post

I read somewhere that the skins do in fact have a deal in place wih houston but you definately could be on to something about them having a deal in place with denver. this should be a pretty exciting draft.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
dblanch66
The Starter

it's buried in the warren commission.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 PM   #8
charlielyons
Special Teams

i believe if quinn is still there at 6 we trade the texans for pics, i think the front office is pretty happy whether they draft alan branch, jamal anderson ,gaines adams or that kid from louisville. 1 or 2 will be avalible at 8 so why not trade down for a extra pic or 2. we might even trade that 8th pic and springs to denver for there 1st rounder and bly and still get another pick. during draft weekend i see us having a quality d-lineman a second and a third round pick as well as bly
charlielyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #9
charlielyons
Special Teams

i work at dicks sporting goods and david macklin came in tonight, i didnt know who he was but some people who work for me went to school with him, he said he has a meeting in DC this weekend
Old 03-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlielyons View Post
i work at dicks sporting goods and david macklin came in tonight, i didnt know who he was but some people who work for me went to school with him, he said he has a meeting in DC this weekend
I like Macklin, he'd provide good depth. Inerestingly enough, the Broncos were looking at him and I think the Bly trade would have been contigent upon Denver getting Macklin
Old 03-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #11
charlielyons
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I like Macklin, he'd provide good depth. Inerestingly enough, the Broncos were looking at him and I think the Bly trade would have been contigent upon Denver getting Macklin
everyone at my store was telling him to come home to washington and they didnt say he acted one way or another..he just kept sayin he had a meeting
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #12
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Regardless of what we do for the remainder of the offseason, there's not going to be many openings for starters on this team. The roster is pretty much set already, that's why despite the fact we need draft picks, this may not be the year we look to add a great deal in the draft. We need to draft an impact player for the D-line which is the only area where a draft pick can become a starter. I'm not in favor of foregoing a potential starter for depth players with no guarentee they will even make the team. Right now, we need a sure thing, someone who can step in and play now because there won't be a lot of new-comers making this team.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #13
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Regardless of what we do for the remainder of the offseason, there's not going to be many openings for starters on this team. The roster is pretty much set already, that's why despite the fact we need draft picks, this may not be the year we look to add a great deal in the draft. We need to draft an impact player for the D-line which is the only area where a draft pick can become a starter. I'm not in favor of foregoing a potential starter for depth players with no guarentee they will even make the team. Right now, we need a sure thing, someone who can step in and play now because there won't be a lot of new-comers making this team.
I agree. We are in prime position to get a guy who will eventually come the face of our defense, and trading that away would not be smart.

People are suggesting that we take a shot at fixing all of our defensive problems in one year. Well, we are No. 32 in defense, so that's just not going to happen. We can rebuild this team by getting QUALITY defensive lineman who are short on weaknesses. There's only a handful of such players in the draft and 6 is a good spot to get one.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 AM   #14
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

But so is 8 or 9 if we can swing that trade. That is NOW my optimal scenario. Trade with whoever wants to in those spots, Okoye should still be available, and use whatever we pick up on a guard. Grubbs or Blaylock.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #15
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
But so is 8 or 9 if we can swing that trade. That is NOW my optimal scenario. Trade with whoever wants to in those spots, Okoye should still be available, and use whatever we pick up on a guard. Grubbs or Blaylock.
moving down two spots isn't going to get us a pick high enough for either of those guards.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote