Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-21-2017, 10:57 PM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: What would it take?

I'm concerned that right out of the gate we've got blatant lies coming out of the WH.

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2017, 11:02 PM   #47
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm concerned that right out of the gate we've got blatant lies coming out of the WH.
We've had that for 16 years.

Edit: truthfully its been alot longer than that. Who could forget the classic it depends on what the definition of is is. Or I am not a crook. Or this administration is proud to be scandal free.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 01-21-2017 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Added years
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:37 PM   #48
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Edit: truthfully its been alot longer than that. Who could forget the classic it depends on what the definition of is is. Or I am not a crook. Or this administration is proud to be scandal free.

Cred there are lies and there are LIES. To send your press secretary out there and order him to blatantly lie to the World is effed up. The entire world is aware of the fact that it was not the biggest crowd ever. On top of that what the fuck is it even a topic for? He is sooooo upset that Obama had more "fans" that he is just going to lie like a child when they know they are wrong???
It is a mental issue. He is sick.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #49
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

So nothing to see here? Just move along it's business as usual? I'm sorry but this is just bizarre and embarrassing it's only day 1.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #50
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So nothing to see here? Just move along it's business as usual? I'm sorry but this is just bizarre and embarrassing it's only day 1.

I guess I am more upset about Trumps visit to the CIA,as one artical said instead of acknowledging the list in the wall behind him of staffers who have died in the service of the CIA he want s to talk inauguration numbers,what the fuck???
Old 01-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I guess I am more upset about Trumps visit to the CIA,as one artical said instead of acknowledging the list in the wall behind him of staffers who have died in the service of the CIA he want s to talk inauguration numbers,what the fuck???
You mean when you're at a memorial it's not appropriate to talk about crowd size, the dishonest media, or how smart you are? I thought it was a perfect venue for a narcissistic diatribe myself.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #52
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
1 million turned out last time vs 250k this time and you really want me to believe it was the weather? Weak.
You're not reading my entire post. I don't plan on repeating myself.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You're not reading my entire post. I don't plan on repeating myself.

The weather wasn't a significant factor. Sorry.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #54
Schneed10
A Dude

K. Ignorant, but ok.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #55
MTK
\m/

50 degrees and some light rain keep numbers down. Ok. The mildest inauguration since 1989 and weather was a factor. Right.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Good lord Kelly Conway is fucking owning chuck Todd. Wow

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
God lord Kelly Conway is fucking owning chuck Todd. Wow

When reality and facts don't matter and you can spin BS like she does, it's not hard to own a sad sack like CT. That said I'm not sure I saw much ownage on her part anyway, the fact that the first time we hear from the press secretary and he's berating the media over crowd size, and has the gall to claim it was the largest ever, is just fucking insane.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #58
MTK
\m/

Dan Rather's take on FB...

These are not normal times. These are extraordinary times. And extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

When you have a spokesperson for the president of the United States wrap up a lie in the Orwellian phrase "alternative facts”…

when you have a press secretary in his first appearance before the White House reporters threaten, bully, lie, and then walk out of the briefing room without the cajones to answer a single question…

when you have a President stand before the stars of the fallen CIA agents and boast about the size of his crowds (lies) and how great his authoritarian inaugural speech was….
these are not normal times.

The press has never seen anything like this before. The public has never seen anything like this before. And the political leaders of both parties have never seen anything like this before.

What can we do? We can all step up and say simply and without equivocation. "A lie, is a lie, is a lie!" And if someone won't say it, those of us who know that there is such a thing as the truth must do whatever is in our power to diminish the liar's malignant reach into our society.

There is one group of people who can do a lot - very quickly. And that is Republicans in Congress. Without their support, Donald Trump's presidency will falter. So here is what I think everyone in the press must do. If you are interviewing a Paul Ryan, a Mitch McConnell, or any other GOP elected official, the first question must be "what will you do to combat the lying from the White House?" If they dodge and weave, keep with the follow ups. And if they refuse to give a satisfactory answer, end the interview.

Facts and the truth are not partisan. They are the bedrock of our democracy. And you are either with them, with us, with our Constitution, our history, and the future of our nation, or you are against it. Everyone must answer that question.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #59
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

These are not normal times. These are extraordinary times. And extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

When you have a spokesperson for the president of the United States wrap up a lie in the Orwellian phrase "alternative facts”…

when you have a press secretary in his first appearance before the White House reporters threaten, bully, lie, and then walk out of the briefing room without the cajones to answer a single question…

when you have a President stand before the stars of the fallen CIA agents and boast about the size of his crowds (lies) and how great his authoritarian inaugural speech was….

The press has never seen anything like this before. The public has never seen anything like this before. And the political leaders of both parties have never seen anything like this before.

What can we do? We can all step up and say simply and without equivocation. "A lie, is a lie, is a lie!" And if someone won't say it, those of us who know that there is such a thing as the truth must do whatever is in our power to diminish the liar's malignant reach into our society.

There is one group of people who can do a lot - very quickly. And that is Republicans in Congress. Without their support, Donald Trump's presidency will falter. So here is what I think everyone in the press must do. If you are interviewing a Paul Ryan, a Mitch McConnell, or any other GOP elected official, the first question must be "what will you do to combat the lying from the White House?" If they dodge and weave, keep with the follow ups. And if they refuse to give a satisfactory answer, end the interview.

Facts and the truth are not partisan. They are the bedrock of our democracy. And you are either with them, with us, with our Constitution, our history, and the future of our nation, or you are against it. Everyone must answer that question.

Perfect!
Old 01-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

That's rich coming from a leading apologizing media member:CBS: Bush documents can’t be verified - politics | NBC News
CBS News anchor Dan Rather issued an apology Monday, with CBS News president Andrew Heyward. CBS News apologized Monday for a “mistake in judgment” in its story questioning President Bush’s National Guard service, claiming it was misled by the source of documents that several experts have dismissed as fakes.

Fake news. Sad!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote