Re: Post game Packers

The Dline is what we have always wanted
Old 09-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #213
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Glad to hear positives about him. He has become the whipping boy for 90% of all Redskins fan. The guy is held to an absurd standard. His play style is not Desean Jackson where he's blowing by folks. Its getting a step and/or leverage and/or positioning and making a play on the ball because he's bigger, stronger, and has way more athletic ball skills than the man covering him. The more chances he gets the more AS will trust him. Looking forward to seeing the progress over the course of the season.
We can’t throw 50/50 balls every time. If that’s all he can do he is the worst starting WR in the league.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #214
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

...but Kerrigan

I kid..i kid...
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:49 AM   #215
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Post game Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Baloney! He is was First Round draft pick three years ago and he hasn't done squat, so far.

Was thinking the same thing. Lol. Three years. 42 receptions. Only standard Im holding him to is do better than Rod Gardner, Malcolm Kelly, or Devin Thomas. Not very high standards at all....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:17 AM   #216
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man, my eyes didn’t fool me because I’ve seen the same thing with Monte, dude been terrible coming up on run support and tackling in general.

Good to hear about Ryan Anderson...

And maybe lauvao should stay on the sideline.
Monte sure has . . . though not as bad as Norman . . . he missed 5 tackles in the first half of the colts game . . . bad angles leading to the missed tackles mostly
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #217
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Montae has a bad tackle grade right now, but his coverage has been pretty good so far. Honestly for a 4th rd guy he's been what we needed him to be
Old 09-27-2018, 11:33 AM   #218
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
Monte sure has . . . though not as bad as Norman . . . he missed 5 tackles in the first half of the colts game . . . bad angles leading to the missed tackles mostly
I don't want to make a Federal case out of it but Norman has not lived up to his huge contract, IMO. No interceptions last year was bad enough but he has also been beaten for big plays as a pass defender and run over a few times already this season.

Don't get me wrong. He's been a good player for us. What he hasn't provided are the game-changing plays that were expected of him.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #219
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The Dline is what we have always wanted
I strongly agree! We have something really good going on with the Dline. It's very exciting to think that they are so young and will undoubtedly get significantly better over time.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #220
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't want to make a Federal case out of it but Norman has not lived up to his huge contract, IMO. No interceptions last year was bad enough but he has also been beaten for big plays as as a pass defender and run over a few times already this season.

Don't get me wrong. He's been a good player for us. What he hasn't provided are the game-changing plays that were expected of him.
Is his contract that much? I think he's been solid and there has been times where QBs don't target him as much. This season, aside from the Colts game where everyone but Swearinger sucked, I think he's been great.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #221
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
I don't want to make a Federal case out of it but Norman has not lived up to his huge contract, IMO. No interceptions last year was bad enough but he has also been beaten for big plays as a pass defender and run over a few times already this season.

I agree with you.. Dunbar is playing as if he is #1 CB on the defense, and I suppose Norman played a role in it. I'm certain Dunbar learned a lot from Norman, as well as Gray. So we can look at this as if we are paying Norman to play and coach young DBs. I think it will be interesting to see what Redskins FO plan to do with Norman if Dunbar and Moreau continue to play well throughout the season.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #222
davy
Impact Rookie

What I've noticed with Norman is that he often tries to punch the ball out instead of making the tackle.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #223
MTK
\m/

Norman has never been a big INT guy, his career high is 4. Only 10 total for his career. Part of it is his hands suck and second as a top corner you don't get many balls coming your way. He makes up for it by forcing fumbles at least. We can opt out of his contract after this year, the guaranteed money on his deal is $50M. I don't have a problem with his deal.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #224
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Norman has never been a big INT guy, his career high is 4. Only 10 total for his career. Part of it is his hands suck and second as a top corner you don't get many balls coming your way. He makes up for it by forcing fumbles at least. We can opt out of his contract after this year, the guaranteed money on his deal is $50M. I don't have a problem with his deal.
Norman played great his first year, got injured last year (still played fine) and we'll see about this year. I've been satisfied with his play but wouldn't be surprised to see his contract renegotiated after the year. I think he's committed to our team and knows he's at the tail end of his career. He'll renegotiate and stay another 3 years or so.

Other than his play though, I've been MORE than satisfied with the energy he brought to our team. Two years ago the defense looked a lot different and he gave us some bite. That seems to have spread throughout the locker room and that's a big bonus that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #225
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
Norman played great his first year, got injured last year (still played fine) and we'll see about this year. I've been satisfied with his play but wouldn't be surprised to see his contract renegotiated after the year. I think he's committed to our team and knows he's at the tail end of his career. He'll renegotiate and stay another 3 years or so.

Other than his play though, I've been MORE than satisfied with the energy he brought to our team. Two years ago the defense looked a lot different and he gave us some bite. That seems to have spread throughout the locker room and that's a big bonus that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.
Yea. His attitude is ferocious. . I've never seen a CB take on running backs like he does.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk