Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #676
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,070
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Never seen someone try so hard to fuck up their legacy.
__________________
I suffer from Pelosi Democrat Derangement Syndrome.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now  

Advertisements
Old 03-27-2020, 05:04 AM   #677
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Bruce screwed this up last year and the best deal would probably come from the Texans, not the Browns.

The biggest problem is Trentís agent feeding who his head with ideas like getting $20 mill in one season. I think the Redskins would take a 3rd and a 4th now, but Trentís just got to drop his number. Last year he was going to get just $12.9 mill and NO guaranteed money. If he was more reasonable like $15mill weíd have a deal.

I donít think weíll get a second rounder for Trent. The rumor of the Jets deal of two x third rounders would be something the Redskins would take now.

Anyway, this will be something that goes down to the wire before the draft. The Redskins will get two draft picks in the third and fourth range. I frankly donít care what Trent gets. I just want this drama to be over and to think of the draft picks we get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #678
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,762
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

I don't find it a distraction it's the off season and I'm chilling at home anyway. TW is talking teams saying I'm a 7x Pro Bowler show me the money. But when the Skins say TW is a 7x Pro Bowler show us the high draft pick(s). TW's camp say we are being unreasonable.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #679
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,152
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

One thing I have learned through all of this is Trent Williams is a pretty stupid guy. And his agent is probably dumber than he is.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #680
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,001
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Bruce screwed this up last year and the best deal would probably come from the Texans, not the Browns.

The biggest problem is Trentís agent feeding who his head with ideas like getting $20 mill in one season. I think the Redskins would take a 3rd and a 4th now, but Trentís just got to drop his number. Last year he was going to get just $12.9 mill and NO guaranteed money. If he was more reasonable like $15mill weíd have a deal.

I donít think weíll get a second rounder for Trent. The rumor of the Jets deal of two x third rounders would be something the Redskins would take now.

Anyway, this will be something that goes down to the wire before the draft. The Redskins will get two draft picks in the third and fourth range. I frankly donít care what Trent gets. I just want this drama to be over and to think of the draft picks we get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't mean to pick on you, but I keep seeing people writing this about last year.

Would you have rather Bruce do the right thing last year and he still be around or he royally eff things up (like he did) and be gone?

I just don't get this could've/should've/would've about Bruce last year.

Trent's running into the same problem he had last year because of his own doing. This current regime is not the dysfunctional clusterf*ck that was last year's regime.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #681
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 796
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Galdi on the radio just spoke at length on Trent.

1. 5th round comp pick .. not a 3rd. Under the Alan Faneca rule, if a player of at least 10 years with a franchise leaves via FA, the team gets no higher than a 5th comp.

how did we miss this? how did the beat reporters miss this?

2. Last year counted as an accrued year, and if Trent shows up again around week 8, this upcoming season (his 10th) would also be an acrrued year and thus he is a FA.

3. Trent was hurt that RR met w Greg Olsen before him.
------------------------------------------------------------

So a back of the round 5th as comp for trent?

fuck me sideways
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #682
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,001
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Galdi on the radio just spoke at length on Trent.

1. 5th round comp pick .. not a 3rd. Under the Alan Faneca rule, if a player of at least 10 years with a franchise leaves via FA, the team gets no higher than a 5th comp.

how did we miss this? how did the beat reporters miss this?

2. Last year counted as an accrued year, and if Trent shows up again around week 8, this upcoming season (his 10th) would also be an acrrued year and thus he is a FA.

3. Trent was hurt that RR met w Greg Olsen before him.
------------------------------------------------------------

So a back of the round 5th as comp for trent?

fuck me sideways
What's with these motherf*ckers acting like f*cking teenagers?!?!
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #683
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 796
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
What's with these motherf*ckers acting like f*cking teenagers?!?!
Galdi surmised that Trents camp is just looking for reasons to be upset at this point. And he mocked him pretty good for being so sensitive.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #684
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 93,496
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Never seen someone try so hard to fuck up their legacy.

Yeah heís gone from being a guy most fans loved to now pretty much despised, itís a shame


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #685
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,062
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah heís gone from being a guy most fans loved to now pretty much despised, itís a shame


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But he loves and respects Dan Snyder and Redskins fans!! Trent and his agent can go fuck themselves!!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now  
Old 03-27-2020, 01:00 PM   #686
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,114
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Trent sounds really manipulated by his agent and it sounds like they devised a big plan to try to get a bigger contract last year. As time goes, Trent looks worse and worse
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 01:21 PM   #687
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 796
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trent sounds really manipulated by his agent and it sounds like they devised a big plan to try to get a bigger contract last year. As time goes, Trent looks worse and worse
Agreed. I think they thought they could get traded quickly last year, sign a new LTD and have everything go smoothly.

Bruce factor. They didnt anticipate Bruce going against what most reasonable GMs would have done and just get picks and move on. Nope. Instead Bruce had to pull a "Kirk Cousins, the sequel". Make it personal.

Clearly their plan has failed miserably. Now Trent and his agent are sitting on the floor trying to glue back together mom's broken vase .. with little success.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #688
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 2,069
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Trent and his agent sound like a bunch of butthurt pussies

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...arely-redskins
I seriously doubt anyone sides with them, they need to stop with the BS.
Buffalo Bob is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #689
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,070
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Agreed. I think they thought they could get traded quickly last year, sign a new LTD and have everything go smoothly.

Bruce factor. They didnt anticipate Bruce going against what most reasonable GMs would have done and just get picks and move on. Nope. Instead Bruce had to pull a "Kirk Cousins, the sequel". Make it personal.

Clearly their plan has failed miserably. Now Trent and his agent are sitting on the floor trying to glue back together mom's broken vase .. with little success.
Lol the Bruce Factor. It was real and it was bad. Bruce made Skins live in Bizarro world. Sitting around eatin' olives as he burned things to the ground.
__________________
I suffer from Pelosi Democrat Derangement Syndrome.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now  
Old 03-31-2020, 03:39 AM   #690
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

If I ever see some sports show use Bruce Allen as a NFL ďexpertĒ , I may puke. He was the worst GM in the NFL in 2019 and it will take several seasons for the Redskins to crawl out from the crater he put us in!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.20542 seconds with 10 queries