Week 17 Games

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Week 17 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Just saw this news about Lorenzo Alexander. Kudos to him for making a name of himself after being a special teamer for years before he retires.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...ns/2771903001/
Love Lorenzo!! A class act with multi level talent, he played DT, OL and LB. i was impressed when he played OL a few games. He’ll always be a Redskin at heart.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #32
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Love Lorenzo!! A class act with multi level talent, he played DT, OL and LB. i was impressed when he played OL a few games. He’ll always be a Redskin at heart.
I was at the Redskins-Bills game in Buffalo earlier this season, he got a huge ovation, maybe louder than anyone else.

Probably because most Redskins fans in attendance were also cheering for him like me.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #33
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Class act, hard hitting, played the right way. He thumped guys on ST.

Congratulations on a great career, from practice squad to Pro Bowl.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I felt threatened by every team this season. 0-6 vs. the east.
We were also 3-7 against the rest of the league. Being consistently terrible the entire season makes that easier to swallow.

I'm talking more in terms of DAL/NY competing for titles, I never felt like they would go deep in the playoffs the way the Eagles have. NY is a long ways removed from the Coughlin years.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #35
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
We were also 3-7 against the rest of the league. Being consistently terrible the entire season makes that easier to swallow.

I'm talking more in terms of DAL/NY competing for titles, I never felt like they would go deep in the playoffs the way the Eagles have. NY is a long ways removed from the Coughlin years.
Yeah, I got what you meant, my response was just tongue in cheek. I agree, I'll miss them both.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #36
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/sea...s-interference

How the fudge does this not get called? is this something that would automatically be reviewed in NY or would Carroll have to challenge it (if he had challenges and a TO left)

If I was a seattle fan ... id be heated. Thats not even a gray area, thats clearly black and white PI. Something this new rule was suppposed to prevent.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:58 AM   #37
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/sea...s-interference

How the fudge does this not get called? is this something that would automatically be reviewed in NY or would Carroll have to challenge it (if he had challenges and a TO left)

If I was a seattle fan ... id be heated. Thats not even a gray area, thats clearly black and white PI. Something this new rule was suppposed to prevent.
1 - not called
2 - not reviewed
3 - reviewed by league with Riveron offering explanation - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...over-seahawks/

I get the non-call if the officials adjudged it a non-foul in realtime, but no review? And I don't agree with Riveron's assessment. Yes, Hollister made contact but after initial contact, he was held. It's either holding or a PI, though I'd go for the former as the ball wasn't in the air at the time of the hold.

However, the best outcome the Seahawks would get in either situation is 1st and goal at the 1, and they already blew that situation with a delay penalty (WTF Pete Carroll?). I'm not sure this call changed the outcome.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:23 AM   #38
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Kind of shocked only 2 head coaches have been canned so far after the season ended, bringing the season total to 4. I wonder if Jerry Jones is actually thinking about keeping Garrett. He is scheduled to meet with him a second time.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:42 PM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

It still amazes me how much hype Bill Bellichick's assistants get every year, despite the lack of success of all but one of his assistants have had as HCs (O'Brien). Even with O'Brien's winning record, his assistants (Patricia, Crennel, Mangini, and McDaniels) have a 133-171 record as head coaches (take O'Brien's record and they are a combined 81-138).

Also, how can any team hire McDaniels after the stunt he pulled with the Colts the last time he was up for a HC position (for those that don't remember, he rescinded his offer from the Colts after the media had reported his hiring).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Kind of shocked only 2 head coaches have been canned so far after the season ended, bringing the season total to 4. I wonder if Jerry Jones is actually thinking about keeping Garrett. He is scheduled to meet with him a second time.
Garrett's contract expires on jan 14th. Sounds like Garrett and Jerry are haggling about firing or just not being re-signed. Not sure why that would make a difference for either.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #41
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I did not watch any highlights, but I was wondering how RG3 Was going to do getting his first start in a long time.His stats were horrible but I heard it was raining so.......?