Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Free Agent Signings 2020

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-19-2020, 04:33 PM   #211
njant
Special Teams

Re: Redskins Free Agent Signings 2020

We need more TE help here big time and some fairly good receivers out there we need to get one.
njant is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #212
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm perfectly fine with the big swing and miss on Cooper.

Wish we would have went hard after Hooper but I have to believe there's a plan for TE in the draft.

Liked the Fuller signing, good player, not a crazy contract.

Everything else so far feels like a Bruce Allen free agency. Good deals on no name players. Hopefully these guys can at the very least be quality depth.
I still don't get it...I saw the contract and thought we could have been competitive there.

Also, I like Hopkins over Cooper. I would have moved Trent for him and signed him to an Amari per year extension. Hopkins > Coop all day

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #213
EdmundDorf
The Starter

You are assuming Hooper wanted to come here, the skins aren't going to be competitive this year in most peoples minds
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #214
SunnySide
Playmaker

Hooper --- we must be missing something. At first I thought maybe 2019 was a fluke break out year and teams that studied his advanced analytics can see it was a one time thing where Atlanta was feeding him the ball and D were giving him room = perfect combo for fluke statistical breakout year .... but he had over 70 catches in 2018.

and hes touted as a premier blocker, hes 6'4" ...

11M per is not that bad at all.

only thing I can think of is that I do think you can find your own Hooper or Henry or Kittles in rounds 2-5 .. not a guarantee and you have pick the right guy but top end TEs dont take 1st round resources like a LT
Old 03-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #215
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
You are assuming Hooper wanted to come here, the skins aren't going to be competitive this year in most peoples minds
Do you think Mayfield tampered and bro-manced him? Baker networks.

I get that the browns are a more desirable spot than here currently ...but seems we/everyone else didnt even get a meeting. Like he was locked to the Browns even before the legal tampering period began.

Njoku - dont know if he can block or healthy but he could probably be gotten for a day 3 pick. But this is his 4th year and as a 1st round pick, browns have to decide what to do with that 5th year option .. if they have or havent already i dont know.

I imagine Njoku would want a new contract with a new team, maybe.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #216
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Problem is with these Wrs/TEs , who is our QB? We don't even know so why would anyone want to sign with a team that has ?s at QB?
Old 03-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #217
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Do you think Mayfield tampered and bro-manced him? Baker networks.

I get that the browns are a more desirable spot than here currently ...but seems we/everyone else didnt even get a meeting. Like he was locked to the Browns even before the legal tampering period began.

Njoku - dont know if he can block or healthy but he could probably be gotten for a day 3 pick. But this is his 4th year and as a 1st round pick, browns have to decide what to do with that 5th year option .. if they have or havent already i dont know.

I imagine Njoku would want a new contract with a new team, maybe.
I think most everyone realises that the deals are done before the legal tampering window opens, it is a bidding war to some degree but he and his agent would already have had a veiw of what teams they wanted to deal with

As for Njoku, I read that their new OC likes to use a 2 TE set in his offence, so no gaurantee he will be available after signing Hooper
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #218
SkinzWin
Playmaker

BREAKING : The #Redskins are signing OT Cornelius Lucas on a 2-years, $5.3M deal, per @RapSheet.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:11 PM   #219
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Does anybody here think that signing WR Breshaud Perriman could work out for us?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #220
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Hooper --- we must be missing something. At first I thought maybe 2019 was a fluke break out year and teams that studied his advanced analytics can see it was a one time thing where Atlanta was feeding him the ball and D were giving him room = perfect combo for fluke statistical breakout year .... but he had over 70 catches in 2018.

and hes touted as a premier blocker, hes 6'4" ...

11M per is not that bad at all.

only thing I can think of is that I do think you can find your own Hooper or Henry or Kittles in rounds 2-5 .. not a guarantee and you have pick the right guy but top end TEs dont take 1st round resources like a LT
In fairness, 11M is the largest TE contract in the league.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #221
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Problem is with these Wrs/TEs , who is our QB? We don't even know so why would anyone want to sign with a team that has ?s at QB?
Your questioning the qb is really out of whack. We didn't go hard after any qb on the market, the worst case would be we draft a top ranked rookie, which a WR or TE could grow with, or with a qb that took off at the end of the year when coaching let him. I think it's obvious the Skins didn't focus on TE like we all thought they would, instead bringing in 2 journeymen. And Cooper was a dallas guy. I would seriously doubt qb had anything to do with that (Dak isn't head and shoulders over Haskins by any means).

It seems like you have a personal bias about Haskins, and it's a bit obnoxious, because your other posts, and in season posts, are really insightful, useful, and appreciated.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #222
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Your questioning the qb is really out of whack. We didn't go hard after any qb on the market, the worst case would be we draft a top ranked rookie, which a WR or TE could grow with, or with a qb that took off at the end of the year when coaching let him. I think it's obvious the Skins didn't focus on TE like we all thought they would, instead bringing in 2 journeymen. And Cooper was a dallas guy. I would seriously doubt qb had anything to do with that (Dak isn't head and shoulders over Haskins by any means).

It seems like you have a personal bias about Haskins, and it's a bit obnoxious, because your other posts, and in season posts, are really insightful, useful, and appreciated.
I'm a Haskins fan really am, I'm not bashing him at all. Look back at the post during the season when many on here called him a bust after 3-4 games in. My point was is he the QB or not? There have been many DC media guys also Question it, on top of that Ron Rivera said himself that there will be a competition, no true QB1 has a coach come out and say that. I've said plenty of times that we should draft Chase But if we did take Tua I'd be fine with that too. In the NFL you Have to have a QB period, Chase Young won't win games for us if Haskins isn't any good and we don't know if he's good or bad yet, neither do FA WRs. That's my point

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #223
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

JMO and some facts Trent Dilfer won a SB and he sucks Baltimore had a GREAT defense. DH is better than Trent. We just need to behind our QB ain't nothing wrong with some competition. Management never supported RG3 when he was here we better not repeat the same mistake. I know RG3 couldn't stay healthy but we never had his back JMO.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #224
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
JMO and some facts Trent Dilfer won a SB and he sucks Baltimore had a GREAT defense. DH is better than Trent. We just need to behind our QB ain't nothing wrong with some competition. Management never supported RG3 when he was here we better not repeat the same mistake. I know RG3 couldn't stay healthy but we never had his back JMO.
No doubt, like I said I'm a fan of DH and yes he needs some legit competition, speaking of QBs Colt just signed with the GMEN
Old 03-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #225
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No doubt, like I said I'm a fan of DH and yes he needs some legit competition, speaking of QBs Colt just signed with the GMEN
Beat me to it.