Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

ALEX SMITH and moving forward.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #196
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: ALEX SMITH and moving forward.

2016 @Detroit. 30-39. 301 yards. 1 td 0 int. 107 rating. If I remember correctly our D shit the bed on the last drive after Cousins took us on what should have been a game winning clutch ass drive. Again not calling you out - just looking into it. Another case where KC - in a dome - played great and our team/Coaches shit the bed.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #197
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
2016 @Detroit. 30-39. 301 yards. 1 td 0 int. 107 rating. If I remember correctly our D shit the bed on the last drive after Cousins took us on what should have been a game winning clutch ass drive. Again not calling you out - just looking into it. Another case where KC - in a dome - played great and our team/Coaches shit the bed.
W/out looking at it, Stafford to Tate I believe on 4th down?
Old 05-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #198
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
W/out looking at it, Stafford to Tate I believe on 4th down?

I believe you are correct. I believe also that after the D pretty much sticking it to Stafford for the entire game they suddenly went into a pussy prevent D in crunch time. Cousins had an 80 % comp % in that particular dome. All this being said I think KC absolutely thrives in the dome and with that team - it suits him better. I also think Smith is the perfect fit for us and Grudens offense. If our D is improved - and it damn well should be- than I think us and Minny both come out of this smelling like roses.
If Guice is who I think he is than that should help Smith immensely also.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:06 PM   #199
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I believe you are correct. I believe also that after the D pretty much sticking it to Stafford for the entire game they suddenly went into a pussy prevent D in crunch time. Cousins had an 80 % comp % in that particular dome. All this being said I think KC absolutely thrives in the dome and with that team - it suits him better. I also think Smith is the perfect fit for us and Grudens offense. If our D is improved - and it damn well should be- than I think us and Minny both come out of this smelling like roses.

I want nothing more than a MIN/WSH Nfc Title game, could u imagine the build up for that!!! I think both teams will be good too.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #200
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Cousins also had a fumble when he tried to hand off as he was falling.

We scored a whopping 17 points, which is part of KC's issues with the Skins, he put up numbers, but often they weren't followed by points. The defense held them to 20, which should be a winnable game, imo, especially with points gifted by turnovers.

I'm not going to try and argue it's not a team sport, it is. And the Skins losses in Domed stadiums are certainly team losses.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #201
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I want nothing more than a MIN/WSH Nfc Title game, could u imagine the build up for that!!! I think both teams will be good too.
I would love that!!!
Old 05-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #202
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
KC's passer rating for the game was 71.9
Staffords was 83.7

KC's yds per pass was 6.9
Stafford's was 7.8

Let's not make it sound like he was superhuman and the rest of the team fluttered in the pit of misery.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #203
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Way to make a mountain out of a molehill. I simply thought it was an odd statistic. Glad you all feel so up in arms about defending KC against an offseason musing.
Yes it's definitely an odd stat, but probably nothing more than an anomaly, but what's also odd is suggesting Minny could possibly have a "disaster" on their hands based on that stat.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #204
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yes it's definitely an odd stat, but probably nothing more than an anomaly, but what's also odd is suggesting Minny could possibly have a "disaster" on their hands based on that stat.
That was probably an overstatement on my part.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:37 PM   #205
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
KC's passer rating for the game was 71.9

Staffords was 83.7

KC's yds per pass was 6.9

Stafford's was 7.8

Let's not make it sound like he was superhuman and the rest of the team fluttered in the pit of misery.

He was 30 for 39 with an almost 80% comp %. His rating was 107. No piks. One td. And our defense absolutely floundered after KC drove us down the field on the road for what should have been the game winning drive with about a minute left. He was pretty superhuman. He completely outplayed Stafford who was 18-29
KC - 301
MS - 266
KC had a 7.7 ypp and a rushing touchdown straight up the gut for like 15 yards.
I went back to 2014 and cant even find a preseason game against Detroit that resembles those stats?
Old 05-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #206
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
He was 30 for 39 with an almost 80% comp %. His rating was 107. No piks. One td. And our defense absolutely floundered after KC drove us down the field on the road for what should have been the game winning drive with about a minute left. He was pretty superhuman. He completely outplayed Stafford who was 18-29
KC - 301
MS - 266
KC had a 7.7 ypp and a rushing touchdown straight up the gut for like 15 yards.
I went back to 2014 and cant even find a preseason game against Detroit that resembles those stats?
He also fumbled 2 times, lost one. I was looking at ESPN and the 71.9 was their QBR number. The 6.9ypp is on the team stat page and must include sack yardage.

any way. Cousins will go 8-0 at Minny's dome, he is super and I will buy one of every t-shirt style he ever sells

Old 05-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #207
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
He also fumbled 2 times, lost one. I was looking at ESPN and the 71.9 was their QBR number. The 6.9ypp is on the team stat page and must include sack yardage.

any way. Cousins will go 8-0 at Minny's dome, he is super and I will buy one of every t-shirt style he ever sells

Ok so he fumbled. Lol. Maybe his o- line was terrible. Maybe it was a loud ass stadium. Bottom line is he outplayed Stafford, and had a great game. He led us on a drive at the end of the game and than our D folded with a minute left. He completed 80 percent of his freaking passes and threw for over 300. So it wasn’t dink and dunk. I believe also our ST absolutely shit the bed. So if we are talking- like I thought we were - about that one game - YES Cousins was awesome. But if you want to put words in my mouth and say that means I think he is going 8-0 at home next year and will lead the world in Jersey sales have at it.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #208
MTK
\m/

Quote:
That was probably an overstatement on my part.

Fair enough, we’re probably all guilty of it at some point
Old 05-30-2018, 03:11 PM   #209
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Ok so he fumbled. Lol. Maybe his o- line was terrible. Maybe it was a loud ass stadium. Bottom line is he outplayed Stafford, and had a great game. He led us on a drive at the end of the game and than our D folded with a minute left. He completed 80 percent of his freaking passes and threw for over 300. So it wasn’t dink and dunk. I believe also our ST absolutely shit the bed. So if we are talking- like I thought we were - about that one game - YES Cousins was awesome. But if you want to put words in my mouth and say that means I think he is going 8-0 at home next year and will lead the world in Jersey sales have at it.
One last point, We rushed for 115 yards, had 12 first downs by rush and 12 by pass, Detroit rushed for 62 (both yardage is minus QB runs).

But it's fair enough to say that the stats don't say that the defense got an upper hand on him in that domed game, which was my original speculation.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:11 PM   #210
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Cousins played great for 1 quarter.
The other 3 quarters he managed 3 fumble(2 recovered on back to back plays) and 3 points total.

KC was in full Checkdown Charlie mode for the first 3 quarters of the game (3 PTS!) with only 4 completions to Garcon and Jackson.
It took a 10pt deficit to get him to open things up.

What about the final game in that season where we absolutely needed a win for a shot at the playoffs?
First 3 quarters, 3 Pts. One completed pass to Garcon/Jackson. Notice a trend here?

I wish KC well but he isn't on my team anymore so F him!
He also never did shit for us. No playoff wins or 10 win seasons.

F that guy.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote