Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Colt McCoy to Jaguars?

Sent from a public payphone using Tapatalk
😂

Ultimate JayGruden Catch22, he started Colt against the Pats which was a dog shit performance. His love for Colt got him fired.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:31 AM   #93
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Maybe he can get them to trade for Trey Quinn and Monte Nicholson
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #94
GridIron26
Playmaker

It's still early in the offseason but it seems like Falcons aren't making Hooper their priority. So it's looking like we might have a good opportunity to sign him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-negotiations
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #95
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/redsk...g-feeling-foot

Washington Redskins' Reuben Foster finally regaining feeling in foot after major leg injury last year

So this is big news...while the injury of multiple ligaments within the knee torn was understood, the nerve damage was an unknown. This is a major fuckin problem.

So we need to prepare again not to have Foster or at least have strong option to step in. Per Keim, while MLB makes sense, under Rivera...he may demand more from the MLB position and weakside could be more of a fit.

So put down MLB as a massive need going into the offseason.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #96
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Two articles on NFL.com I read:

Keenum saying his future likely doesn't lie in DC (not a surprise in itself), but also praised Haskins for the strides he took at the end of the season. Wonder if nobody comes to sign Keenum in a hurry, if he'd be willing to back up Haskins next year? I personally don't put much weight at all on our losses being QB driven, and his stats while not being a full 16 games, would project to a full season as pretty good. Better fall back than Colt certainly.

NFC unsung heroes; ours is Dunbar. Didn't realise how good he was, given the oppo QB rating was very low. then again, they threw at Norman and Nicholson all day, so that factors in. Still its great for a UDFA to get that kind of praise. Lets hope we can find more diamonds in the rough like him.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #97
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
It's still early in the offseason but it seems like Falcons aren't making Hooper their priority. So it's looking like we might have a good opportunity to sign him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-negotiations
There will be plenty of competition for Hooper and he may cost $$$$$.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:15 PM   #98
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Two articles on NFL.com I read:

Keenum saying his future likely doesn't lie in DC (not a surprise in itself), but also praised Haskins for the strides he took at the end of the season. Wonder if nobody comes to sign Keenum in a hurry, if he'd be willing to back up Haskins next year? I personally don't put much weight at all on our losses being QB driven, and his stats while not being a full 16 games, would project to a full season as pretty good. Better fall back than Colt certainly.

NFC unsung heroes; ours is Dunbar. Didn't realise how good he was, given the oppo QB rating was very low. then again, they threw at Norman and Nicholson all day, so that factors in. Still its great for a UDFA to get that kind of praise. Lets hope we can find more diamonds in the rough like him.
That's why I laugh at those people who don't think Dunbar is #1 CB - he has blossomed into a really good CB. If I remember right, we have to give Gruden credit for this, he was the one who asked Dunbar to switch from WR to CB when he tried out for the first time. Also, don't forget, he did all that with our so-called coaches who couldn't coach to save their jobs. Imagine what Dunbar can do with coaches who will maximize players' strengths.

I wouldn't mind if we bring Keenum back, I would be confident with Keenum coming in and help Redskins win some games if anything happens to Haskins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
There will be plenty of competition for Hooper and he may cost $$$$$.
For sure. I'm still not 100% on Hooper but he might be the only best available TE. I would be surprised if Chargers didn't resign Henry and I don't think Ebron is worth a lot of money.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #99
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Q had the 2nd best coverage grade in the NFL only guy ahead was Sherman.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #100
Warthog
The Starter

I trust Kyle Smith to make the best approach to TE. I think Hooper will cost some serious $$, but we wasted tens of millions last year on TE, for players who didn’t even play in a single game. We need an elite receiver TE to help Haskins and a good blocking TE to help Guice/Love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #101
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

This kid played at the HS across the street from my house, I've followed him and has been successful wherever he's played and did great at the Senior Bowl. I would draft him in the lower rounds as a backup, was Garner Minshew's backup at Wash. State then became the starter.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...be-interested/

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #102
calia
Playmaker

I heard that Devin Funchness May revert your his natural TE position; he is 6’4” 236 lbs. I wouldn’t mind seeing him add a little bulk and come on board - he and RR have a good relationship and he’s pretty tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2020, 10:35 PM   #103
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This kid played at the HS across the street from my house, I've followed him and has been successful wherever he's played and did great at the Senior Bowl. I would draft him in the lower rounds as a backup, was Garner Minshew's backup at Wash. State then became the starter.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...be-interested/
This TE did very well in the Senior Bowl so I wonder if he will be available to the Redskins by the third round. I think the Redskins will be targeting a WR in the third round (very deep WR class this draft) to compete with Harmon for the WR #2 spot OR the best OT or C available. Of course, Kyle Smith has been able to get starters or even elite starters (McLaurin and Dunbar) from the lower draft levels. I mean he's got starters from the UDFA picks. I mean most teams are just happy to get a Special Teams player out from their UDFA picks in a year. It's just very rare to get starters and especially ROOKIE starters from the UDFA.

So I think Kyle Smith will draft one TE from the draft. But our starter is going to come from FA. A very good TE like Hooper is going to be very expensive and we'll be competing to get him against other teams. He'll be a top-paid TE, just like Scherff may be the highest paid OG if we keep him.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #104
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
This TE did very well in the Senior Bowl so I wonder if he will be available to the Redskins by the third round. I think the Redskins will be targeting a WR in the third round (very deep WR class this draft) to compete with Harmon for the WR #2 spot OR the best OT or C available. Of course, Kyle Smith has been able to get starters or even elite starters (McLaurin and Dunbar) from the lower draft levels. I mean he's got starters from the UDFA picks. I mean most teams are just happy to get a Special Teams player out from their UDFA picks in a year. It's just very rare to get starters and especially ROOKIE starters from the UDFA.

So I think Kyle Smith will draft one TE from the draft. But our starter is going to come from FA. A very good TE like Hooper is going to be very expensive and we'll be competing to get him against other teams. He'll be a top-paid TE, just like Scherff may be the highest paid OG if we keep him.

Starter from FA? The list of top 100 TEs is very thin.

https://establishtherun.com/evan-sil...l-free-agents/
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Byron Jones should be #1 on our list followed by Hooper.

Jones is a legit shut down Corner and with Dunbar on the other side we would have one of the best duo's in the league at arguably the most valuable position on defense