Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Democratic debates

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Democratic debates

Issues that matter being discussed? Income and racial inequality, climate change, gun control, what's going on here?

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #2
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Democratic debates

Is Hillary mildly retarded? Not a word comes out of her mouth that isn't Bullshit, tired-ass rhetoric and nonsense designed to film flam a....stupid America
Hell, Comrade Bernie actually has some original thought......
This "reality tv" format of promoting drama, clash and infighting among the candidates should not be tolerated....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So who won the debate? I'm a bit of a homer, but I've always like Jim web, thought he was good because he always brought facts of what he has done...he has a history. But you know, people hate to talk truth and actual work on the issues. Empty promises work better with folks. Webb was too weak with some issues...particularly the black lives questions. I cringed with his answer because all lives matter is incorrect.

Hilary had a strong night. Bernie is selling a welfare dream...he has zero clue how to pay for anything..its laughable. Everything free.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Issues that matter being discussed? Income and racial inequality, climate change, gun control, what's going on here?
Issues that matter to those with a liberal bent being discussed at a democratic primary. Shocking.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Issues that matter to those with a liberal bent being discussed at a democratic primary. Shocking.

Sent from my S6 Edge
How do those issues not matter to... everyone?

You'd rather hear about planned parenthood or Benghazi perhaps?
Old 10-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
Hog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So who won the debate? I'm a bit of a homer, but I've always like Jim web, thought he was good because he always brought facts of what he has done...he has a history. But you know, people hate to talk truth and actual work on the issues. Empty promises work better with folks. Webb was too weak with some issues...particularly the black lives questions. I cringed with his answer because all lives matter is incorrect.

Hilary had a strong night. Bernie is selling a welfare dream...he has zero clue how to pay for anything..its laughable. Everything free.
I like his history as well...not a good speaker, but maybe he was just nervy...
DON'T bring facts and truth to the table
Just...please Supersize that McDeath meal for me......
Old 10-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
How do those issues not matter to... everyone?

You'd rather hear about planned parenthood or Benghazi perhaps?
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you but I have no love of a benghazi discussion. As for planned parenthood, that's a conservative equivalent of gun control.

I would rather presidential candidates talking about fiscal sanity and how to avoid putting our next generations into massive debt cycles then discussing climate change.

I would rather they discuss the effects of failed drug policies on a generation of inner city youths then creating and continuing a faux class warfare of social inequality.

But my initial point was that the topics appeal primarily to a liberal mindset or one that relies on government solutions. They are nonetheless soundbite and media fodder topics just like planned parenthood or benghazi, compared to the problems that directly face our nation in my opinion.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I like his history as well...not a good speaker, but maybe he was just nervy...
DON'T bring facts and truth to the table
Just...please Supersize that McDeath meal for me......
Webb isnt a great speaker, but he has alot of common sense substance to what he says. Webb also is all about getting stuff done, not gridlock or taking stance just to defy the "other side". He rather work across the aisle.

He is in the mold of past Virginia politicians..Mark Warner, John Warner, Doug Wilder, even Chuck Robb to an extent...where they tend to be Conservative Democrats or Independent Republicans. They dont always go with the party line, they think for themselves..dont let the party define them. Usually strong with the Military, common sense spending and weary with any type of tax increase. Social issues usually take back seats.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:22 AM   #9
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I would say that those issues are interrelated and shouldn't be separated CR. How can we discuss fiscal sanity when we let people exploit common resources such as our atmosphere and degrade our life sustaining processes for future generations. Surely improved environmental quality and improved environmental services leads to fiscal conservatism as we reduce using federal funds to bail out corporations that have degraded the life sustaining processes and attempt to restore it for our citizens. Climate change is very significant from that stand point.

The failed drug policies have also targeted our lower income families at a much higher rate than other members of our society it is a class warfare that has been raged. I agree that the relevancy of the issues could've been more appropriate and less rhetorical.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
climate change and gun control...2 issues you run on and lose on.

But income inequality will get people's attention and is a strong issue. This is fueling bernie's side. There is some room within the issue that both sides are willing to listen on and negotiate.

While I do believe the minimum wage needs to be raised a little, I think we need to look at where and it should be tied to cost of living. Maybe a 2 tiered system. In Va the cost of living is higher in Northern Virginia than the rest of the commonwealth...so it would make sense to raise the minimum wage a little higher there than the rest of the state. In NY, obvious the city and surrounding burroughs are a much higher cost of living than the rest of the state...so same common sense approach.

I think some sort of light profit sharing should be tied in with earning reports with corporations...but we should also look into lowering the business taxes of I believe 35%.

I think one of the biggest issue of this election is the cost of an education...it needs to be addressed. Its funny, these universites are more about making money than giving an education. I would advise many folks to look at who your top paid State employees are....you will find outside of state controllers and state lawyers, University Professors make an exoberant salary.

So when we really talk about income inequality we need to talk about how to educate folks at a cheaper, affordable rate. This way you get people working at a higher salary...and I think you can tie in cost of education with the income inequality arguement and somehow work out a national plan where business, colleges, and students benefit. Dont ask me how, but they are all tied together.

Last edited by Chico23231; 10-14-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I would say that those issues are interrelated and shouldn't be separated CR. How can we discuss fiscal sanity when we let people exploit common resources such as our atmosphere and degrade our life sustaining processes for future generations. Surely improved environmental quality and improved environmental services leads to fiscal conservatism as we reduce using federal funds to bail out corporations that have degraded the life sustaining processes and attempt to restore it for our citizens. Climate change is very significant from that stand point.

The failed drug policies have also targeted our lower income families at a much higher rate than other members of our society it is a class warfare that has been raged. I agree that the relevancy of the issues could've been more appropriate and less rhetorical.

Agreed, I was going to say the same thing about those issues all being related.

Overall I just thought the dems were so much stronger, better prepared, and talked real issues.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #12
Hog1

Quote:
Agreed, I was going to say the same thing about those issues all being related.

Overall I just thought the dems were so much stronger, better prepared, and talked real issues.
I am Shocked and Awed............
Old 10-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #13
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I am Shocked and Awed............
Tell me there wasn't a huge difference...

The Democrats Proved They're the Party of Sanity. But That's Not Enough.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #14
Hog1

I was not privy to the debates past the first hour, but until that time I heard no "meat". Mostly just posturing and No fixes for the ill's we have. This country has some serious problems such as Budget....Immigration.....foreign policy...unemployment....welfare.....
I did hear that later in the debate that much free stuff was promised to the masses( I wonder why that is done?). If that is true how will it be paid for? Are we .still on that rob from the rich to give to the poor nonsense?
Obama has done much serious damage and I heard no one ballsy enough to take any of that on. Or for that matter, even comment...
3 of the dudes on stage were incompetent. They probably are not in reality, but nobody can get past their stage presence.

Red Bernie isn't getting elected. so that leaves Hillary. If she could somehow get elected....we're done.
So much smoke has surrounded her and Bill for the last 30 years, they both should spontaneously combust.
AND much of the same can be said for many of the Repubs that have taken up the gauntlet...but not all
Hillary is certainly smart enough, but she is a consummate liar, thief and a charlatan, just like Bill
I personally hope for more in our CIC. God knows the last 8 years have been a disaster and I really hope we can get a leader that will be a departure from the "Politico's" we have had.
You know...someone who can actually do some of that truth, justice and the American way?
Old 10-14-2015, 11:38 PM   #15
Hog1

BTW, that Webb guy does not have a great presence, but I was interested in him.
Don't think he is left enough to get the nomination........