anyone care what francesa says

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #16
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: anyone care what francesa says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
2 games, offense has struggled a bit, but we're 1-1. Let's can the season, 4-12 here we come. If we suck so bad, go root for the Jets.

This isn't directed at you personally, '74 but I'm so sick of all the negativity from "fans". I guess this is just a culmination of reading/seeing/hearing the crap in the media the past two weeks. Life is pretty damn tough as it is, sports is a refuge from the world for a few hours a week. If you can't at least have a somewhat optimistic view of the team you're a fan of then whats the point?

Maybe if we're at a little past mid-season and we're still having these problems, I can understand....but it's Game 2, we WON.

This is sensible and intelligent. Anyone feel like listening?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #17
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
He is the most successfull sports talk radio host in the history (although short) of the genre in the US.
And you'd define success by.....

I think Jim Rome may have something to say about that.

For the record, I can't stand Rome either.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
He is the most successfull sports talk radio host in the history (although short) of the genre in the US.
His show is a bore especially since Mad Dog left.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #19
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well it's been covered that the 4th down failed run was because of a mistake by one of the players on the field who took a different blocking angle and pushed the play to the outside instead of straight ahead
Not trying to throw stones, but Zorn was not thinking outside the box. He had his play sheet he apparently did not want to deviate from.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

but why think outside the box at that juncture. You really don't want anything to blow up on you, you want to run a conservative play. Zorn in the one video, clearly says he is going for the firstdown to win, not the score to pad the lead.

I understand the criticism, but with all the additional footage, and information we have, I think his call was more understandable.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #21
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Who?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #22
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
And you'd define success by.....

I think Jim Rome may have something to say about that.

For the record, I can't stand Rome either.
He and mad dog have been on continuously for 20 years. Dog left and both have continued to have success on their own. The revenues francesa's show generates through advertising is through the roof. Rome is not even close to francesa in terms of that.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #23
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
His show is a bore especially since Mad Dog left.
I disagree. I don't like everything francesa does, and do not agree with everything he says, but his knowledge is light years ahead of Dog. I like Russo, but he was more shtick than substance.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #24
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
but why think outside the box at that juncture. You really don't want anything to blow up on you, you want to run a conservative play. Zorn in the one video, clearly says he is going for the firstdown to win, not the score to pad the lead.

I understand the criticism, but with all the additional footage, and information we have, I think his call was more understandable.
I'm not faulting him for going to it on 4th down. I'm glad we have a HC that has the balls to do that. As someone else pointed out on the board, as a HC you have to be able to get a feel for the game. You have to feel if the momentum is changing. They tried run 3 times and on one of those they actually lost yardage. At some point he should have put the play sheet aside that tells him that on 4th and a yrd or two run the ball and instead decided on a decent pass play and sent it in. Just cause Thomas dropped his pass and Sellers dropped his pass doesn't mean a second time around they will drop the pass again or better yet go to Cooley, or how about sending in Mitchell a long with Kelly.

I think he did the right thing by going for it just wish he would have picked a different play. I know hinde site is 20/20 but if you looked at the 4 times we were down in the red zone Zorn tried run 3 times more then pass.

A detailed look at play calling in the Red Zone - EXTREMESKINS.com
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #25
celts32
Playmaker

I live in the area so I have heard francesa a lot. He mostly knows baseball and that's what they talk about for most of the year. That show is the reason I had to buy Sirius Satelite radio. As for his Redskins opinions...they were just that...I don't think he was claiming to have any sources linking Gruden to the Redskins...it was just his opinion which means as much as any of ours.

For the record I share the opinion...if Zorn goes I would like Gruden to coach the skins. I think he's young still and could be long for the job whereas most of the other big names available are older and may just be looking for a swan song payday.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #26
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I agree. If Zorn has to go, Jon Gruden would be my No. 1 choice.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #27
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I agree. If Zorn has to go, Jon Gruden would be my No. 1 choice.
Gruden? I'm not at all impressed with that guy. He won the SB with Dungy's guys and then really dropped off all the way to a MNF analyst.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Gruden? I'm not at all impressed with that guy. He won the SB with Dungy's guys and then really dropped off all the way to a MNF analyst.
Turning around the Raiders was his greatest accomplishment as a coach not the super bowl in Tampa. That raider team was a tuck rule away from the super bowl. And he does deserve some credit for the Tampa super bowl. Dungy could not get that team over the hump...gruden came in and improved the offense enough to get them to the super bowl. Dungy had a lot of playoff trouble in Indy also...dungy gets more credit then he deserves as a coach because he is such a good man. Gruden had good teams in 2 different places...I am not saying he's Lombardi just that he's good.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #29
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Agree. And if Chucky says "Happy Birthday Wildcat", or even "Wildcat Offense"one more time, I'm gonna blow my freakin' head off.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

Chucky loves the wildcat if you can't tell. He's been studying it extensively and when he comes back I think you can bet he's going to implement it.