Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2021, 11:00 AM   #316
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,804
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think the better question is:

"Why has Biden failed to convince a bunch of conservatives to take a vaccine for a virus that the conservative media has denounced as a liberal hoax from the start"

But Mooby if Biden made at home testing a priority they would all take one and this would magically go away!

At home testing should be prioritized over shots in arms. LOLOL. That is awesome Chico. Im sure every anti vaxx conspiracy nut job would stay home lol. Even if they did how the hell does that do anything? They will be right back out there after. Shots in arms buddy. It is thee only way. How am I explaining this to a grown man?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2021, 11:03 AM   #317
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,221
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

A story told in pictures:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainA...microchip_aka/

"Why isn't Joe Biden stopping people from dying? An absolute failure"
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #318
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,803
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think the better question is:

"Why has Biden failed to convince a bunch of conservatives to take a vaccine for a virus that the conservative media has denounced as a liberal hoax from the start"
Utter bullshit Mooby. First off your premise is incorrect…you need to check the vaccine data. Minority groups other than Asian and American Indian lead the pack in not getting vaccinated. Also when grouping by ages, people under 30 lead the way in not getting vaccinated…data has found this group was responsible for covid spread during the delta variant.

Go re read my points again…but Biden has failed with covid. He said he would unite the country..
Another fail
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:18 AM   #319
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,221
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Utter bullshit Mooby. First off your premise is incorrect…you need to check the vaccine data. Minority groups other than Asian and American Indian lead the pack in not getting vaccinated. Also when grouping by ages, people under 30 lead the way in not getting vaccinated…data has found this group was responsible for covid spread during the delta variant.

Go re read my points again…but Biden has failed with covid. He said he would unite the country..
Another fail
You think unvaccinated minorities are the bigger problem than the entire Trump-worshipping conservative population that fell for the "covid is a hoax/the flu is more dangerous" theory?

I ain't denying unvaxxed minorities exist because I work with a couple of them - but they are definitely not outnumbering the heavily pro-Trump crowd I work with that started threatening to quit when the county announced their vaccine-or-weekly test mandate.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #320
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,803
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You think unvaccinated minorities are the bigger problem than the entire Trump-worshipping conservative population that fell for the "covid is a hoax/the flu is more dangerous" theory?

I ain't denying they exist because I work with a couple of them - but they are definitely not outnumbering the heavily pro-Trump crowd I work with that started threatening to quit when the county announced their vaccine-or-weekly test mandate.
Them with the liberal leaning 18-30 year olds, yes I do. The most vaccinated groups are over 55 year old GOP leaning folks.

It’s just really interesting you are gonna try to parse this with a narrative which is incorrect.

Let me know if you need to rehash the media’s “flu is worse than covid “ headlines when this started or Kamala bimbo Harris and Joy Reid anti-vaxx social media posts when Trump developed the vaccine. These conservative media types are the worst, right?
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #321
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,803
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Mooby, to your point-yes conservative Christians are a problem in the unvaccinated population. I do agree there…it’s a problem
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #322
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,512
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Mooby, to your point-yes conservative Christians are a problem in the unvaccinated population. I do agree there…it’s a problem
.....trumpetts
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #323
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,221
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Them with the liberal leaning 18-30 year olds, yes I do. The most vaccinated groups are over 55 year old GOP leaning folks.

It’s just really interesting you are gonna try to parse this with a narrative which is incorrect.

Let me know if you need to rehash the media’s “flu is worse than covid “ headlines when this started or Kamala bimbo Harris and Joy Reid anti-vaxx social media posts when Trump developed the vaccine. These conservative media types are the worst, right?
Which MSM outlet front-paged "the flu is worse than covid" theory before it started?

Also I agree with you - when Trump was single-handedly trying to take credit for the vaccines being rushed to market I was skeptical too - as many libs were because Trump is notorious for ignoring any law or precedent that stands in his way. If he ordered Pfizer/Moderna or anybody to skip steps or do anything inherently dangerous so he could take credit I would've been highly skeptical.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #324
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,488
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

I'm going to say there are plenty of other variables at play here in why there is a lag.


https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

In this data set from early December we see that there is no real statistical difference between whites and hispanics but black people the rate is at 50%. However, it needs to be noted that the gap between vaccinated rates for black people and vaccinated rates for white people decreased by 14% points when the vaccination eligibility was opened in April. This tells me there were occupational reasons and age eligibility reasons for the discrepancy. Looking at figure 3 there was almost a plateau for white people but it looks like Omicron has created a bump but it also looks like vaccination rates in black people are currently headed toward a plateau as well.

Ther is also this data set which shows lags in vaccination rates in counties that supported Trump. https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...ination-rates/

Almost at a 13% rate difference. According to figure 1 it is the exact opposite of the increase in rates we see for minorities in April we see a decrease in rates in Trump counties which is interesting. To me it is definitely politically driven whether it is Biden's policy or Trump's push of a hoax is debatable.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #325
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,512
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Utter bullshit Mooby. First off your premise is incorrect…you need to check the vaccine data. Minority groups other than Asian and American Indian lead the pack in not getting vaccinated. Also when grouping by ages, people under 30 lead the way in not getting vaccinated…data has found this group was responsible for covid spread during the delta variant.

Go re read my points again…but Biden has failed with covid. He said he would unite the country..
Another fail
Seriously , you're dumb as a box of rocks .

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/08/b...d-america.html

Covid Deaths Skew Higher Than Ever In Red States
The New York Times reports on disparities in covid deaths — with the gap between highly-vaccinated states (which tend to be Democratic) versus less-vaccinated states (which tend to be Republican) growing faster than ever over the last month. Vaccination exemptions and hesitancy are also in the news.

The New York Times: U.S. Covid Deaths Get Even Redder
The brief version: The gap in Covid’s death toll between red and blue America has grown faster over the past month than at any previous point. In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from Covid, more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). October was the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened. Some conservative writers have tried to claim that the gap may stem from regional differences in weather or age, but those arguments fall apart under scrutiny. (If weather or age were a major reason, the pattern would have begun to appear last year.) The true explanation is straightforward: The vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing severe Covid, and almost 40 percent of Republican adults remain unvaccinated, compared with about 10 percent of Democratic adults. (Leonhardt, 11/8)
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #326
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,221
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Mooby, to your point-yes conservative Christians are a problem in the unvaccinated population. I do agree there…it’s a problem
Glad we can agree on that.

I don't know there's any easy answer to minorities not trusting the vaccine due to years of government distrust thanks to the terrible policies disenfranchising minorities that they've written up over the years.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:38 PM   #327
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,803
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I'm going to say there are plenty of other variables at play here in why there is a lag.


https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

In this data set from early December we see that there is no real statistical difference between whites and hispanics but black people the rate is at 50%. However, it needs to be noted that the gap between vaccinated rates for black people and vaccinated rates for white people decreased by 14% points when the vaccination eligibility was opened in April. This tells me there were occupational reasons and age eligibility reasons for the discrepancy. Looking at figure 3 there was almost a plateau for white people but it looks like Omicron has created a bump but it also looks like vaccination rates in black people are currently headed toward a plateau as well.

Ther is also this data set which shows lags in vaccination rates in counties that supported Trump. https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...ination-rates/

Almost at a 13% rate difference. According to figure 1 it is the exact opposite of the increase in rates we see for minorities in April we see a decrease in rates in Trump counties which is interesting. To me it is definitely politically driven whether it is Biden's policy or Trump's push of a hoax is debatable.
End the end…the data is what the data is. My facts aren’t wrong about the vaccinated. If you are gonna excuse minority group vaccination rates…and mix in political reason then add the context these are in majority Democrats run urban areas…why have they failed to provide the vaccine along with a dem run federal government. Also that young age group with low vaccine rates…what’s their excuse?

If you want to see something interesting is look up the vaccination rates timeline and watch what happens when the J&J pause went into effect.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #328
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,803
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.....trumpetts


G1 I actually do that same dance after I dunk on you. Lil Bigly shimmy
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:41 PM   #329
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,512
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post


G1 I actually do that same dance after I dunk on you. Lil Bigly shimmy
You're never sober enough to dance or dunk.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #330
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,512
Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
End the end…the data is what the data is. My facts aren’t wrong about the vaccinated.
yes , they are.

context is something lost to you .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.17410 seconds with 10 queries