Redskins 2020 schedule

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-08-2020, 04:43 PM   #46
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The reason why we suck in primetime is cause we're not a good team. We're also not a good team at home or on the road or at 4pm or probably at practice.
Lol. Fair points.

It is way worse losing in primetime, especially on MNF tho. You have to wait all day or to the next day then stay up late. Then you proceed to get your ass kicked when the whole world is watching. Its terrible.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #47
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Mike Clay of ESPN and their schedule machine predicts the skins to go 1-15 and only winning V Carolina.. That's just fucking dumb

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Debbie downer here. Objectively it’s between us, bengals and lions as front runners for the no. 1 overall pick next year. Starting LT is not on the roster yet, secondary was not upgraded, LG play will probably fall below what flowers gave us, new coaches, young QB who needs development will be getting less of it bc of the Coronavirus.

Unless the front 4 really excel and take over some games, we should be a bottom 3 team again this year.

Outside of chase young, what impact player have we added that will make this 3-13 team a 6-10 team?
Old 05-08-2020, 05:22 PM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Debbie downer here. Objectively it’s between us, bengals and lions as front runners for the no. 1 overall pick next year. Starting LT is not on the roster yet, secondary was not upgraded, LG play will probably fall below what flowers gave us, new coaches, young QB who needs development will be getting less of it bc of the Coronavirus.

Unless the front 4 really excel and take over some games, we should be a bottom 3 team again this year.

Outside of chase young, what impact player have we added that will make this 3-13 team a 6-10 team?
Can't be a debbie downer with a nick of SunnySide. Please edit your post and have us winning atleast the division!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Normally I agree with you but let me play devil's advocate here.

Starting LT not on the roster yet - best case scenario Charles wins the job outright or learns quickly enough Geron? or whoever fill-in we got can hold it down the first half of the year.

Secondary not upgraded - this might be one of those things where an upgraded pass rush masks secondary deficiencies. Also hopefully our young DB's will progress enough, after all this year should be about building the roster anyways.

LG not live up to Flowers - Wes Martin looked decent filling in for Scherff last year, hopefully he seizes the opportunity and runs with it.

New coaches - =/= They just need time.

Young qb needs development - Yes, not working out with his guys on offense will hurt this offseason. Still, even if we get off to a slow start I don't see Haskins not working as hard as possible to prove himself.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If they finish dead last, HELLO FOOTBALL JESUS lol
Old 05-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #51
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Can't be a debbie downer with a nick of SunnySide. Please edit your post and have us winning atleast the division!

You mean the division we went 0-6 in last year, and were out scored by 86 points? Including 2 loses to the 4-12 giants.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You mean the division we win 6-0 this year, and we out score the other teams by 86 points? Including 2 blowout wins to the 4-12 giants.

Fixed it for you

CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #53
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Normally I agree with you but let me play devil's advocate here.

Starting LT not on the roster yet - best case scenario Charles wins the job outright or learns quickly enough Geron? or whoever fill-in we got can hold it down the first half of the year.

Secondary not upgraded - this might be one of those things where an upgraded pass rush masks secondary deficiencies. Also hopefully our young DB's will progress enough, after all this year should be about building the roster anyways.

LG not live up to Flowers - Wes Martin looked decent filling in for Scherff last year, hopefully he seizes the opportunity and runs with it.

New coaches - =/= They just need time.

Young qb needs development - Yes, not working out with his guys on offense will hurt this offseason. Still, even if we get off to a slow start I don't see Haskins not working as hard as possible to prove himself.
LT - no way we roll Charles or geron out week 1. I do think with injuries by seasons end they both get some starts. We should add a Donald Penn type or a better option isn't cut but I imagine a decent older vet will be cut that we can sign.

Secondary - that's my biggest concern. Outside slot corner fuller we have young unproven jags. Darby hopefully can stay healthy.

Looking at the schedule, I could see 5-11 and I'm cool with that. .500 in Ron's second year and we are building something.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:38 AM   #54
calia
Playmaker

Quote:

Jack Del Rio for one. Ron Rivera for another. Coaching will be a lot better and that matters.

I think Davis is an upgrade over Nicholson and Fuller is back too. On offense, I am excited about our RBs and young WRs - waiting to see who emerges there. OL scares me, not going to lie about that.

All talk until games start though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2020, 01:38 PM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Haskins, the O line, Guice, and the secondary are the big questions. Coaching should be better than its been in years. Man I am so excited about Del Rio. Looking at this schedule after a full glass of koolaid I can imagine 9 wins. That is on a full glass.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:57 PM   #56
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Haskins, the O line, Guice, and the secondary are the big questions. Coaching should be better than its been in years. Man I am so excited about Del Rio. Looking at this schedule after a full glass of koolaid I can imagine 9 wins. That is on a full glass.
You need a bigger glass. Go get a big gulp!

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #57
Ohioskins
Special Teams

I see 5 wins as most realistic outcome. In their off season, the Bengals made a lot of moves. I do not think we can take it for granted t hat we will be better than them. I think there will be some improvement just due to the coaching. I think these coaches will actually try to work with Haskins rather than just throwing him out on the field they way Gruden did. Plus Del Rio will be far, far, far, far, far, far, far better as a DC than Manusky.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #58
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

I'm cautiously optimistic. Itll be nice to see what happens when we have a coach that puts gameplans together, and makes adjustments at the half. Remember when we had coaches that used to do that?
Old 05-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think Scott Turner is gonna surprise alottttt of people. Also the point of signing and drafting RB should really clue people to the direction of the offense.

I think last year we would say, the defense has the majority of talent on the team. The team went out and acquired 5 new starters there...Del Rio has had a chance to completely reshape that unit.

This is gonna be a run and play good defense team. The passing offense will get a chance to mesh and grow together...it’s not gonna be a rush job

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #60
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

On paper it looks like a 4-5 win season but things change so fast in the NFL.. Remember last yr some said SF would be 4-12 and look what happened.