Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2021, 08:47 AM   #151
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Yeah the other 2 choices would have been Tua or Herbert, thankfully it wasn't Tua... CY hasn't done much this yr but we will see if he can turn that around starting Sunday. If he has another bad game against that horrible line, then something is very wrong

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2021, 08:50 AM   #152
MTK
\m/

3 games in and people are giving up on CY?

Ridiculous.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #153
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m not saying he is a bad player .. I’m questioning is any Pass rusher worth #2 pick especially when we have so many needs .. we allready had a solid D line now we have spent 4 number one picks on a line that is not good .. No hate for CY just think we shoulda have explored getting multi picks for that spot ( maybe we tried and no takers) ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #154
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah the other 2 choices would have been Tua or Herbert, thankfully it wasn't Tua... CY hasn't done much this yr but we will see if he can turn that around starting Sunday. If he has another bad game against that horrible line, then something is very wrong
I think the edge is just being too aggressive. Don't keep moving outside just because you have speed. Hold that pocket. Someone will break through. Some is coaching some is just player growth.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #155
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
3 games in and people are giving up on CY?

Ridiculous.
+1

Ridonkulous.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #156
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I’m not saying he is a bad player .. I’m questioning is any Pass rusher worth #2 pick especially when we have so many needs .. we allready had a solid D line now we have spent 4 number one picks on a line that is not good .. No hate for CY just think we shoulda have explored getting multi picks for that spot ( maybe we tried and no takers) ..
Any player is worth the #2 pick regardless of position (ST excluded). You do your research, determine your rankings, what your options are with your draft slot, and you draft the best player available. It's nonsense to suggest drafting for need - 5 years from now every player in that top 10 could be a waste of a pick except the guy you pick (if you played your cards right).

It's real easy to judge with hindsight.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:58 AM   #157
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Defensive linemen went 2-4 the previous year, and DEs in particular are going all the time at the top of the draft if they are worthy, so I don't know if you can say a pass rusher isn't worth the #2 pick. And if I remember correctly, CY was considered THE best player in that draft by pretty much everyone whose job it was to try to determine that.
Old 09-30-2021, 11:01 AM   #158
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post

Pass rusher might be the most important position other than quarterback these days. Trading back was obviously an option but doesn’t always work out. CY will be just fine.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:12 AM   #159
MTK
\m/

lol everyone is a draft expert in hindsight

Sounds like CY has some growing up to do, or maturing as Ron has repeatedly said lately.

He'll get there, he's too talented of a player and he's got the passion for the game.

He's certainly not the first player to struggle in year 2.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:57 PM   #160
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
lol everyone is a draft expert in hindsight

Sounds like CY has some growing up to do, or maturing as Ron has repeatedly said lately.

He'll get there, he's too talented of a player and he's got the passion for the game.

He's certainly not the first player to struggle in year 2.
I disagree - we haven't seen anything to indicate he's putting the work in. But we do have a whole rack of commercials and game shows he's done - obviously doing those things with his free time indicates he's only in this for the money and fame.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:38 PM   #161
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I agree with mooby,and If it was 3 games into his rookie season that would be different,but year 2 you should be improved,not regress
Old 09-30-2021, 09:11 PM   #162
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I agree with mooby,and If it was 3 games into his rookie season that would be different,but year 2 you should be improved,not regress
Oof.

My post was being 100% sarcastic.

We only know him from what we get to see from games and PR clips/interviews off the field. We have no idea how much work he puts in, or what time he arrives every day, or what he works on when he is there. So unless you or someone you know works at Football Team Park it's hard to really know him or how much work he's putting in. And ultimately that's what matters - is he putting in the work necessary but not getting results? Until we see otherwise I choose to believe so.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:24 PM   #163
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Oof.

My post was being 100% sarcastic.

We only know him from what we get to see from games and PR clips/interviews off the field. We have no idea how much work he puts in, or what time he arrives every day, or what he works on when he is there. So unless you or someone you know works at Football Team Park it's hard to really know him or how much work he's putting in. And ultimately that's what matters - is he putting in the work necessary but not getting results? Until we see otherwise I choose to believe so.
Lol,I don’t know if he’s putting in the work or not,either way dude should not have 9 tackles in 3 games with no sacks,that’s pathetic.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:52 PM   #164
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't really care about individual performances. CY's sacks, or lack thereof don't tell me much about how the entire unit is doing, and that is what matters.

As a unit, they have six sacks which is 16th in the league. Probably not where we thought they would be - middle of the pack.

As a unit, they are ranked 2nd in the league in QB pressures - hurries/knockdowns/sacks (5th percentage wise).
Old 10-01-2021, 01:37 AM   #165
EdmundDorf
The Starter

The criticism of Young if any is that he is trying too hard to be the guy who makes the play and turn things around, which on Sunday was leaving gaps for the QB to step up into. He is young and plays with a little too much emotion at times. I think that what was Ron was alluding to
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote