Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Training Camp 2018

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who is your eye on in Training Camp (can select multiple)
Alex Smith 15 39.47%
Darrius Guice 23 60.53%
Jordan Reed 10 26.32%
Da'Ron Payne 10 26.32%
Other 5 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #46
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,187
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
And adequate depth as rotational defensive linemen, too. Ziggy Hood at end will look much better. Ioannidis coming in as an interior rusher in the nickel. Anthony Lanier offering depth as a rusher and Phil Taylor & Stacey McGee offering depth as run stoppers.

And maybe Iaonnidis beats out Hood for the other end spot, who knows. All I know is the quality of depth breeds that high quality competition you need in camp to set a tone throughout the season.

Excited to see what Tomsula does with this group. And Zach Brown sitting behind it all being like "I got you, big fellas."

Exciting times.
Sounds like you've got Hood starting over Ioannidis? I definitely don't see that happening. Allen, Payne, Ioannidis are the starters. Lanier and Settle coming off the bench. 6th spot up for grabs, maybe Hood? Possible they could keep 7.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,831
Re: Training Camp 2018

Man I can't believe Hankins hasn't been signed anywhere yet..
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #48
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,187
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Man I can't believe Hankins hasn't been signed anywhere yet..
At this point he's probably better off waiting for a camp injury. He lost all of his leverage for a big money deal with the draft.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:28 PM   #49
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,282
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
At this point he's probably better off waiting for a camp injury. He lost all of his leverage for a big money deal with the draft.
or under-performance .... He'll eventually get signed, and im sure he doesn't mind sitting out a training camp lol
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #50
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,798
Re: Training Camp 2018

Do we have any salary cap space to sign him? Good chance he's looking at less money than signing earlier.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:47 PM   #51
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,187
Re: Training Camp 2018

The Redskins signing Hankins at this point would be overkill.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #52
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,282
Re: Training Camp 2018

agreed. I'd rather let our younger guys keep and begin developing
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #53
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,798
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The Redskins signing Hankins at this point would be overkill.
Yeah it would definitely be a luxury item more than any kind of actual need.

Payne, Allen, Ioannidis, Hankins, Settle, & Lanier would be so nasty tho.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #54
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,341
Re: Training Camp 2018

Man I wish we woulda spent that Stacy McGee money on a Left Guard.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #55
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,831
Re: Training Camp 2018

Blow to the #Giants defense: CB Sam Beal, who was selected in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft, will miss the entire season with a shoulder injury, per @diannaESPN.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #56
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,341
Re: Training Camp 2018

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-dez-bryant/

When Gordon, who did not report to training camp while dealing with reported “mental health and anxiety” issues, might be back is less clear, however. Dorsey didn’t answer whether he’s been assured that Gordon won’t be suspended and didn’t offer a timeline for the receiver’s return.

“It could mean many things, a month, 3, days, 10 days, 30 days….let’ see what it is,” Dorsey said, via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.


WTF? What a mess....Brining in Dez now?
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #57
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,150
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sounds like you've got Hood starting over Ioannidis? I definitely don't see that happening. Allen, Payne, Ioannidis are the starters. Lanier and Settle coming off the bench. 6th spot up for grabs, maybe Hood? Possible they could keep 7.
I could certainly see Ioannidis beating Hood for the starting End spot opposite Jonathan Allen but I can't see him being anywhere close to the roster bubble. Tomsula likes him a ton.

I could easily see the rotation being Hood starting at end in the base defense, and Ioannidis starting next to Allen in the nickel formation. Which let's be honest, the nickel formation is used much more often.

I could also see it being Ioannidis starting at end in the base, and Hood becoming a rotational guy. But in such a scenario, Hood becomes the top sub for the end spots, for sure.

Lanier has rush skills but dismal against the run, so he becomes the depth guy for the nickel rush package. Settle will be a rotational run stuffer but he won't see the field in the nickel pass rush package. Hood played out of position at NT last year and didn't perform well but the coaches will say they like him tons better as an end. I think he'll show enough quickness and enough ability at the point of attack to be considered a versatile enough player to start in base.

Remember, Ioannidis was not starting last year in the base defense. He was coming in as the nickel rush specialist alongside Allen.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:41 PM   #58
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,282
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I could certainly see Ioannidis beating Hood for the starting End spot opposite Jonathan Allen but I can't see him being anywhere close to the roster bubble. Tomsula likes him a ton.

I could easily see the rotation being Hood starting at end in the base defense, and Ioannidis starting next to Allen in the nickel formation. Which let's be honest, the nickel formation is used much more often.

I could also see it being Ioannidis starting at end in the base, and Hood becoming a rotational guy. But in such a scenario, Hood becomes the top sub for the end spots, for sure.

Lanier has rush skills but dismal against the run, so he becomes the depth guy for the nickel rush package. Settle will be a rotational run stuffer but he won't see the field in the nickel pass rush package. Hood played out of position at NT last year and didn't perform well but the coaches will say they like him tons better as an end. I think he'll show enough quickness and enough ability at the point of attack to be considered a versatile enough player to start in base.

Remember, Ioannidis was not starting last year in the base defense. He was coming in as the nickel rush specialist alongside Allen.
Lol in years past i've seen WAY too much of the "base look" -- really think we took even a small step forward last year in getting away from that b/c for 10 years i feelk like this has been the most vanilla ass defense ever in life lol ... and i have expressed such opinions on this site.... So ... i hope we get more creative with pressures, stunts and coverage schemes. IM PRAYING.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #59
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 1,855
Re: Training Camp 2018

And so it begins (and not in a good way)....

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-training-camp

Let's hope TC (and pre-TC) injuries are at a minimum. With the competition at the CB spot, I hope for Holsey's sake that he gets out there soon.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #60
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,282
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
And so it begins (and not in a good way)....

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-training-camp

Let's hope TC (and pre-TC) injuries are at a minimum. With the competition at the CB spot, I hope for Holsey's sake that he gets out there soon.
*facepalm*
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.21692 seconds with 11 queries