Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Final Cuts 2018

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #76
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,435
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Caleb Brantley is a win....just reading what browns turd fans are saying...most were shocked and pissed off he was cut. Showed a lot of promise last year. Some said this was a result of Greg Williams simply not liking Brantley...Williams is a well known dickhead, so we could benefit from him just being an asshole.

Really like the move.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ley?id=2558007

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-03-2018, 07:38 PM   #77
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,386
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Caleb Brantley is a win....just reading what browns turd fans are saying...most were shocked and pissed off he was cut. Showed a lot of promise last year. Some said this was a result of Greg Williams simply not liking Brantley...Williams is a well known dickhead, so we could benefit from him just being an asshole.

Really like the move.
Caleb Brantley signing can have some real upside.
The guy has some real good quickness and strength. He is disruptive and could turn out to be a great pass rusher and an excellent guy off the bench that can make a difference. I really like this signing.
Can we now find a a good young Guard please.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:40 PM   #78
ethat001
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 920
Re: Final Cuts 2018

I like the Brantley move. The knock on him has been consistency. Watched some old film of him - sometimes taking plays off, not finishing the play, getting easily pushed by double teams, etc. But as the 5-6th DL, he can have time to develop into something special if somehow he gets motivated by a good group of DL we have. Too bad, liked Lanier.

Wondering what's going on with Gallette / Breeland, I guess if first game looks bad we can consider them as post week 1 options..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #79
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,386
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Is Breeland healed from his serious foot wound? I heard months ago that it was very serious and might require skin grafts.....or something like that.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #80
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,235
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Slow your roll with all this Brantley stuff.
He is a 6th round pick who was just cut by one of the best defensive coordinators of all time(IMO).
If Gregg Williams can't coach this guy up, I doubt he is going to have an impact for us.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #81
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,737
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
I like the Brantley move. The knock on him has been consistency. Watched some old film of him - sometimes taking plays off, not finishing the play, getting easily pushed by double teams, etc. But as the 5-6th DL, he can have time to develop into something special if somehow he gets motivated by a good group of DL we have. Too bad, liked Lanier.

Wondering what's going on with Gallette / Breeland, I guess if first game looks bad we can consider them as post week 1 options..
I certainly agree with this. He's worth the minimal risk. It's all about the motivation and, by all accounts, we have a DL that strives to get better as a group and a good DL coach. If he catches the fever, he could become a very good rotational player.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #82
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,651
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Slow your roll with all this Brantley stuff.
He is a 6th round pick who was just cut by one of the best defensive coordinators of all time(IMO).
If Gregg Williams can't coach this guy up, I doubt he is going to have an impact for us.
As a rotational player, he should be a pretty fair replacement/upgrade.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:33 PM   #83
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,435
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Slow your roll with all this Brantley stuff.
He is a 6th round pick who was just cut by one of the best defensive coordinators of all time(IMO).
If Gregg Williams can't coach this guy up, I doubt he is going to have an impact for us.
Yea. He may be awesome. Hasn't busted a grape yet.

Looks good on paper but most made decisions do.

Wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #84
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,149
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
As a rotational player, he should be a pretty fair replacement/upgrade.
Yeah this. It's no more complicated than this: Lanier could rush the passer well enough but if he had to play the run you'd be in serious, serious trouble. Brantley can do some of both.

I get slow the roll on Brantley. But let's not overvalue our own guys either - Lanier is barely worthy of a roster spot in today's NFL.

Reserve players need to be versatile. Brantley is certainly more-so than Lanier.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #85
skinsnut
Playmaker
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,512
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah this. It's no more complicated than this: Lanier could rush the passer well enough but if he had to play the run you'd be in serious, serious trouble. Brantley can do some of both.

I get slow the roll on Brantley. But let's not overvalue our own guys either - Lanier is barely worthy of a roster spot in today's NFL.

Reserve players need to be versatile. Brantley is certainly more-so than Lanier.
For what its worth, some mock drafts had him to the skins in the 2nd last year. There is a whole mock to skins writeup here. Pretty good claiming a dude of waivers that they liked anyways for free. He seems at least a solid rotational prospect. He also led the browns in snaps in preseason. Perhaps they were trying to stash him on PS as it was a bit of a suprise cut

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...caleb-brantley
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #86
Irrefutable
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,281
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Redskins sign LB Josh Keyes to the 53 man roster.........???????
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:52 PM   #87
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,435
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Jp Holtz is on the practice squad.

As soon as Reed goes out, we have a FB!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:08 PM   #88
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie
 
OmahaRedskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 630
Re: Final Cuts 2018

or Shawn Lauvao.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:02 PM   #89
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,744
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Jp Holtz is on the practice squad.

As soon as Reed goes out, we have a FB!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
We'll be without him the last 3.5 quarters of week 1, but week 2 here he comes.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #90
davy
Impact Rookie
 
davy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: England
Posts: 723
Re: Final Cuts 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Redskins sign LB Josh Keyes to the 53 man roster.........???????
I'm surprised nobody else has picked up on this.

It's a real head scratcher for me, don't understand it at all.


__________________
“Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.”
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.12110 seconds with 10 queries