Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 02-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #2086
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Anybody seen Doctor Sleep? I've seen mostly good reviews, just don't know anyone who has seen it yet.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #2087
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Anybody seen Doctor Sleep? I've seen mostly good reviews, just don't know anyone who has seen it yet.
Ive been waiting for this to hit Netflix and so I just googled it. Coming out on dvd on Feb 4.

Learned some bad bit of news I didnt know before.

Don’t hold out hope for Doctor Sleep to land on Netflix any time soon. That’s because the film is a Warner Bros. picture and Warner Bros. has their own streaming service coming out soon: HBO Max. That’s why Warner Bros. movies don’t tend to stream on Netflix, and it means that it’s possible Doctor Sleep will end up available to stream on HBO Max (if it pops up anywhere).
https://decider.com/2020/01/21/docto...y-netflix-hbo/

The streaming game is getting complex. WB not going to do Netflix, that sucks.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:31 AM   #2088
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Ive been waiting for this to hit Netflix and so I just googled it. Coming out on dvd on Feb 4.

Learned some bad bit of news I didnt know before.

Don’t hold out hope for Doctor Sleep to land on Netflix any time soon. That’s because the film is a Warner Bros. picture and Warner Bros. has their own streaming service coming out soon: HBO Max. That’s why Warner Bros. movies don’t tend to stream on Netflix, and it means that it’s possible Doctor Sleep will end up available to stream on HBO Max (if it pops up anywhere).
https://decider.com/2020/01/21/docto...y-netflix-hbo/

The streaming game is getting complex. WB not going to do Netflix, that sucks.
Wow, hadn't heard about that, thanks for the info. And you're right, sounds like soon, there will be many streaming services out there. I would love to think that it'll start to cut into the prices of the cable/satellite services...but it probably won't.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #2089
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
1917 -- really good movie to see in the theaters. Visuals, sound and the cinematography are great.

It feels like the whole movie was just one continuos shot which is weird and cool.

8.5/10
I'm not a movie person but I wanted to see 1917. What a disappointment. I thought it was slow, dragged on, and while it took place on the battle field it lacked actual battle field action. Maybe I was expecting more of a Private Ryan type war movie. After asking around we did take our 13 year old as she is very interested in war history. She also thought the same as me. She did learn the "F" word though. LOL
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #2090
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
I'm not a movie person but I wanted to see 1917. What a disappointment. I thought it was slow, dragged on, and while it took place on the battle field it lacked actual battle field action. Maybe I was expecting more of a Private Ryan type war movie. After asking around we did take our 13 year old as she is very interested in war history. She also thought the same as me. She did learn the "F" word though. LOL
I thought it was pretty good...the continuous shot was awesome. WWI has been under filmed...it was very interesting.

I thought most the Oscar movies were overrated this year, but Ford vs Ferrari and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood were the best. Joker, Irishman good, not great.

I recently saw Harriet and I thought that was really outstanding. Cynthia Erivo...first off, fine as f*ck....is probably my favorite actor as of recent. Harriet she was outstanding...She stole the movie Bad Times at the El Royale....And she is doing the same now in HBO The Outsider. The Outsider is a great series, folks need to tune into this one.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #2091
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
I read the book it was ok, the book. Not sure of the movie.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #2092
SunnySide
Playmaker

Troop Zero - amazon movie, I really liked it. Feel good movie with a quirky feel to it. Good movie to watch w your lady. Had a rushmore vibe to it but the main character is like 10 and country poor. 8/10

viola Davis, Jim gaffigan, mike epps and some more familiar names

Green Book - it was good (im a big Farrellys fan) but no where near what I would consider a best picture winner. It was very predictable in story arc, the acting was equally great but at the same time everyone "over acted" in it. The main characters stuck to traditional cliches of themselves. The reveals werent revealing, they were predictable

It was well done I guess, but seemed a paint by numbers type .. 8.5/10

edit -

Weinstein guilty of 1st degree sexual act (min 5 yrs) and 3rd degree rape. To many accusers for the pattern and practice to not be true imo.

Im amazed at how many movies I watch are weinstein's ..

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...171248891.html
Old 02-24-2020, 01:49 PM   #2093
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Troop Zero - amazon movie, I really liked it. Feel good movie with a quirky feel to it. Good movie to watch w your lady. Had a rushmore vibe to it but the main character is like 10 and country poor. 8/10

viola Davis, Jim gaffigan, mike epps and some more familiar names

Green Book - it was good (im a big Farrellys fan) but no where near what I would consider a best picture winner. It was very predictable in story arc, the acting was equally great but at the same time everyone "over acted" in it. The main characters stuck to traditional cliches of themselves. The reveals werent revealing, they were predictable

It was well done I guess, but seemed a paint by numbers type .. 8.5/10

edit -

Weinstein guilty of 1st degree sexual act (min 5 yrs) and 3rd degree rape. To many accusers for the pattern and practice to not be true imo.

Im amazed at how many movies I watch are weinstein's ..

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...171248891.html
Yeah me too. It's hard for me to reconcile some of my favorite all-time movies were produced by the Weinsteins. It's like rooting for some POS wearing a Redskin uniform, I try to separate the talent from the person.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:53 PM   #2094
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yeah me too. It's hard for me to reconcile some of my favorite all-time movies were produced by the Weinsteins. It's like rooting for some POS wearing a Redskin uniform, I try to separate the talent from the person.
Yeah when I see that Weinstein pop up I do feel guilty for a second but i tell myself he was just financing movies and hes not making any new ones.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #2095
MTK
\m/

I thought 1917 was amazing

Just saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, a little long but overall it was pretty good
Old 02-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #2096
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I thought 1917 was amazing

Just saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, a little long but overall it was pretty good
1917 is on my to-do list. Brother said it was amazing too.

I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood about a month ago too, another quality Tarantino flick. Brad Pitt and Leo do a great job of making you forget who they actually are.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:20 AM   #2097
mredskins
MVP

Saw Knives Out; good movie.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #2098
SunnySide
Playmaker

JoJo Rabbit - 8.5/10 .. really interesting and unique. Comedy/writing was subtle and great. Highly recommend. Its quirky so be ready for quirky
Old 03-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #2099
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Adam Sandler should have been nominated and won for best Actor for Uncut Gems

Uncut Gems was much better than Parasite.

the awards are either anti-Semitic or just trash...its one or the other at this point. Id lean towards trash

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #2100
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Saw 1917 last week. Great movie, def. worth the admission price. Uncut Gems def. still on my to-do list.