Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins to SIgn QB Andre Woodson to PS

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #46
GusFrerotte

Re: Redskins to SIgn QB Andre Woodson to PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So you obviously didn't see Daniel play against the Jax's first-team defense right? Obviously to you preseason ratings are very very very important, right?

Dixon was probably let go b/c we spent 41 mil on a Pro Bowl DT. And can you please stop obsessing having a 3rd string QB? If Todd Collins or a 3rd string QB have to start, we would be in a world of trouble.

Mindless rants are fun every once in a while, not in every post you make.

Hey Rush, why would we be in a world of trouble with Collins in there? The guy went 5-0 two seasons ago to save a playoff run. Didn't look too bad to me, but what happens if JC goes down early season, then Todd gets nailed later on? Why automatically throw the season away. I don't think Chase or Colt would have set the gridiron on fire, but they wouldn't have necessarily blown the season either. Better watch yourself when nailing someone for "mindless rants". We owe our last playoff appearance to Todd!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #47
MTK
\m/

If JC and TC went down we're F'd no matter who the #3 is.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #48
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Hey Rush, why would we be in a world of trouble with Collins in there? The guy went 5-0 two seasons ago to save a playoff run. Didn't look too bad to me, but what happens if JC goes down early season, then Todd gets nailed later on? Why automatically throw the season away. I don't think Chase or Colt would have set the gridiron on fire, but they wouldn't have necessarily blown the season either. Better watch yourself when nailing someone for "mindless rants". We owe our last playoff appearance to Todd!!!!!
First, who the hell is rush?

Second, if you read these guy's posts, you will see that they are nothing but mindless rants.

Third, I am not discrediting nor forgetting Todd Collins' value to our team. I think he's a good back up and I think we would be in good shape if JC goes down. I'd rather that this didn't happen, but I'm fine with him as a back up.

Fourth, I think people are overreacting at us not keeping a third QB. I think having our 3rd string QB start a game is one of the worst case scenario any team can go through. You are right, I don't think the season will be down the shitter, but I don't think many teams have been successful with their 3rd string leading the way (you could look it up if you want, I haven't, but I think I would remember if that had happened).

Fifth, I don't think I need to "watch myself" when responding to a mindless rant. I usually try to make somewhat intelligent posts (as many people do here) and will be critical when someone just blasts some mindless none sense about the team.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #49
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I don't think Chase or Colt would have set the gridiron on fire, but they wouldn't have necessarily blown the season either.
Colt Brennan and/or Chase Daniel as your starting quarterback = your season just went to hell in a handbasket.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #50
ArcticRed
Camp Scrub

Yea, I think Tom Coughlin did the same when we released Tim Hasselbeck and they immediately picked him up before a game with the skins. We were saying the same thing about the Giants, especially after we lost to them. If my memory serves me correctly, I think they trounced us pretty bad. There were players being quoted as if their defense were getting a step on the Skins offense like they knew the plays.

Coughlin must have forgotten about this or hes just playin the cords to get his time ready for the season opener. <shrug>
ArcticRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #51
53Fan
Franchise Player

Is this suppose to be payback? I guess they'll pick Broughton's brain about us now.

Nemo resurfaces with Giants - Redskins 360 - Washington Times

Last edited by 53Fan; 09-08-2009 at 11:45 AM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #52
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Are they really serious? Remember Hasselback & Antonio Pierce? Beyond that a lot of teams do that. But when someone who has done that to us complains or has some type of suspicion that we are doing is hilarious..Who writes this crap?
That's what I was thinking as well. I was going to go as far as mentioning Arrington in there too, but then I rememberd that he didn't know the playbook or scheme in the first place. But yeah they've stolen offensive and defensive QB's from us in the past.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #53
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Zorn must be very confident in his own ability to develop QBs, or they're just milking Woodson for info for the game against the Giants.
Thats the same thing I was thinking! We're gonna pick that quarterbacks brain and learn every darn play the Giants have in their playbook! We're gonna rule them this weekend! I can't wait!

Coughlin has got to be pissed off!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #54
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Sunday at 4:15 ET can't come soon enough. Let's surprise those Gnats in their own house!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #55
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

What if we pick up Jeff Garcia for the 3rd string? Anybody oppose. Granted if we get down to the third string QB we are mostly likely going to be awful.

Hell yeah we should have picked up the Giants Qb. the fact that Coughlin is pissed well then maybe he shouldnt hae picked up our guys when we dropped them. F the Gwomen. Time for a taste of their own medicine!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #56
GoSkins!
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Thats the same thing I was thinking! We're gonna pick that quarterbacks brain and learn every darn play the Giants have in their playbook! We're gonna rule them this weekend! I can't wait!

Coughlin has got to be pissed off!
The funny part is that if Coughlin hadn't already started installing a game plan he wouldn't really care. It seems obvious he must have included our new QB in the planning, even if it was preliminary, and now he is pissed.

I bet it was enough that our new QB can say "this is what the Giants offense really sucks at, and this is what the defense can't defend.. and this is how each plans to cover up their problems... and these are the audibles...."
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #57
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Sunday at 4:15 ET can't come soon enough. Let's surprise those Gnats in their own house!
You are so right! Time to roll!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #58
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Has any else heard that the Jets traded for O'connely just because they wanted intell?
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #59
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Tick Tock...Tick Tock...BOOM!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #60
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Maybe it has already been said, but Zorn said that he picked Woodson over Daneil, not the other way around.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote