Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

PREDICT GAME 3 AGAINST “Da Bears”

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #121
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: PREDICT GAME 3 AGAINST “Da Bears”

If Keenum was playing as bad as Eli, then yes I think you can start to entertain the idea of starting Haskins.

Eli - 62.9% comp %, 556 yds, 2 tds 2 ints, 37.9 QBR

Case - 69.1%, 601 yds, 5 tds 0 ints, 71 QBR

2 sacks = perhaps Keenums 2nd best stat after 0 ints.
----------------------

Jay isnt that bad. For the utter crap he has to work with on the O, he is making lemonade out of lemons. When he had teh weapons (kirk, d jax, garcon, reed) we had a top 5 passing offense.

Jay feels like Kyle Shannahan around here .. a talented offensive mind being blamed for things outside of his control.

I am fairly certain Jay had 0 say in his D coordinators, trading for Alex Smith, and Callahan has major say in the run game weekly gameplans.

I feel like Jay only gets 100% control over the passing game .. and the passing game is our only strength right now and he is doing it with limited resources and a bare cupboard.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #122
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
If Keenum was playing as bad as Eli, then yes I think you can start to entertain the idea of starting Haskins.

----------------------

Jay isnt that bad. For the utter crap he has to work with on the O, he is making lemonade out of lemons. When he had teh weapons (kirk, d jax, garcon, reed) we had a top 5 passing offense.

Jay feels like Kyle Shannahan around here .. a talented offensive mind being blamed for things outside of his control.

I am fairly certain Jay had 0 say in his D coordinators, trading for Alex Smith, and Callahan has major say in the run game weekly gameplans.

I feel like Jay only gets 100% control over the passing game .. and the passing game is our only strength right now and he is doing it with limited resources and a bare cupboard.

He also had McVay.

Keenum has also had two dropped Ints, lets not act like Keenum is playing like 2013 Peyton right now

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:12 PM   #123
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The Bears still have no Passing TDs , the only team without one lol, watch Mitch toss 3 tonight
easily, this defensive scheme couldn't stop a high school team
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #124
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
He also had McVay.

Keenum has also had two dropped Ints, lets not act like Keenum is playing like 2013 Peyton right now
And he's missed 3 HUGE plays downfield, 2 for Terry and 1 For PR
Old 09-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #125
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:

----------------------

whats jays record tho? no thanks. he and manusky can gtfo
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 09-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #126
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
You're not wrong but it's a shame we have to look at spending another top 5 draft pick on a LT while this team could use a blue chip player at a skill position.
As long as we pick the right guy, I'm ok with spending the pick on a LT. That can be a lockdown position for 10 years.

But we do have a lot of holes besides LT to fill. Hopefully the extra pick(s) if we can trade Trent will help. Feels like we're a long ways from having good roster. Need at least 1 RB (depending on Loves rehab), 2 TEs, RT (I'd cut Moses), 1 or 2 CBs, FS, MLB. Probably missing a couple others. Shit is depressing. But if you have good draft and get a couple FAs you can fill a good amount of them.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #127
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

This is the problem. Jay has control of the passing game, no idea what the fuck is going on with the running game/blocking. 6 Seasons in and still no blocking TE, Full back, or successful running game.
Running game is last in the NFL right now and total offense is 25th in yards per game.

If you are dazzled by just a mediocre passing game and that's enough for you then I got a 400lb girl with big juggs that would like to get with you.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #128
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
This is the problem. Jay has control of the passing game, no idea what the fuck is going on with the running game/blocking. 6 Seasons in and still no blocking TE, Full back, or successful running game.
Running game is last in the NFL right now and total offense is 25th in yards per game.

If you are dazzled by just a mediocre passing game and that's enough for you then I got a 400lb girl with big jugged Juggalette that would like to get with you.
right on
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 09-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #129
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
whats jays record tho? no thanks. he and manusky can gtfo
What was Mike and Kyles record here? What was Belichick's record in Cleveland? Or McVays here?

Jay is good offensive coach imo, he can scheme and I give him credit for working with probably a bottom 3 surrounding cast and players.

We credit Terry Mclaurin for looking good in 2 games but give Jay no credit for that. What Jay has done the past 2 weeks w Case and this roster is admirable imo but it seems like we cant compartamentalize the different parts to this whole. Record sucks so every part of the whole sucks. Seems broad brush to me.

The passing game is the one thing that has been doing well so far and that is the one thing Jay truly has control over .. yet he sucks and we want o replace Case w a rookie bc the Giants repalced eli w Jones.

I like Kyle and Mike Shannahan. But much like their tenure here .. this place is rotten and toxic and its time for jay to move on as well. Not because he is a bad coach, he would be a great OC but perhaps not a HC, but bc this place is cancerous.

Can we at least agree that Jay is a good pass offense coach?

Quakes - I never said he was playing like Peyton 2013, I said he is playing better than Eli 2019.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #130
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
We credit Terry Mclaurin for looking good in 2 games but give Jay no credit for that.
Are you giving Jay "credit" for Terrell Pryor and Josh Doctsons breakout seasons?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #131
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

If you are dazzled by just a mediocre passing game and that's enough for you then I got a 400lb girl with big juggs that would like to get with you.
If you listen to interviews and sports radio around the DMV for the last 6 years .. that is all Callahan. No DY = Callahan. No FB = Callahan.

Jay's problem was he agreed to be the coach but has 0 power. I read comments where people are saying Jay is to blame for hiring Manunsky or bc he doesnt fire Manunsky. Im amazed people think jay has any say so what so ever on who his D Coord is .. or who his starting QB is.

Jay needs to go bc the stink from head to toe is rotten but no single coach can come in and win consistently under this organizational chart.

Jay deserves better. Not that he is some great coach but he is decent and decent is better than the people around him in this organization.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #132
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Are you giving Jay "credit" for Terrell Pryor and Josh Doctsons breakout seasons?
I give Jay credit for canning that Pryor experiment 2 games into the season.

Are we blaming Jay for things he had 0 control over like signing Pryor or drafting Doctson?

Im not even a huge Jay fan but the comments around here make it seem like people think jay has total control over the roster or defense. He has ZERO control over the roster decisions and defense or who is coaching defense.

I feel bad for Jay just like I felt bad for Mike and Kyle.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #133
Meks
Pro Bowl

Jay ic an OC, not a head coach, and he's a marginal OC at best. He's predictable, his play calling is wildly inconsistent and cute at times, he doesnt bend to players stregnths rather his own ego and confidence in his scheme, which is average at best, and all around just a fucking bum dude needs to go, period. If youre ok with mediocrity thats on you. I and a lot of other folks juist aren't. Same goes for the DC Manusky, its not just Gruden and manusky is by far the fucking worst so keeping him around also falls on gruden. he's a lame duck doesnt have the balls it takes to win or run a team, thats all. Nothing personal jay, but youre not what we want here.

The difference between jay and mike and kyle is that jay will lay down to DS and BA and they flat out wouldnt - hence why jay has lasted longer, hes not the type of coach mike was, and as an orginization if you dont PAY MCVAY and let him walk out the door in favor of gruden? fuck this orginzation.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 09-23-2019, 01:22 PM   #134
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...d-bruce-allen/

"Booger McFarland on the Redskins’ defense, ‘iconic’ FedEx Field and Bruce Allen"

lololololololololololol

Fed ex is an Iconic Shithole Booger...with a ton of other fans especially from rivals. Bruce Allen doing a good job?

FFS...im turning the sound down tonight

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:29 PM   #135
calia
Playmaker

PREDICT GAME 3 AGAINST “Da Bears”

Did not understand the pass Sunny wants to give Gruden. He’s the head coach. Maybe he doesn’t control everything, but if you think he has no control over anything other than the passing game, what is the evidence of that? And what Coach in his right mind would accept that situation?

He’s a decent coordinator but lousy head coach. You are what your record says you are. And his record is lousy. Period.

Don’t get me wrong - the Snyder and Allen would make this job incredibly hard. But Gruden doesn’t get a pass. If you think he should, explain how the second half is so uniformly a disaster. A decent coach can plan for a week in advance and get things rolling. But good coaches make adjustments and find ways to win. Perhaps I’m spoiled having grown up in the Gibbs era as there was no one better. But there’s simply no defending Jay’s second half record - and if he can be successful (marginally) in the first half with the same personnel, the second half implosions are on him. What, do they just run out of gas? C’mon man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk