Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #1711
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Too me, politics have gotten way to nasty and way too tribal. Trump certainly has taken it too the next level. It’s just too toxic and way too negative. Then the issues get so muddled with negative shit.

But then the media eats it up and certainly feeds into it as well. The New York Times opinion writers have never been worse. CNN has never been worse. These guys are trying to profit off this division and troll with garbage pieces which I don’t think they even believe.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #1712
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sure. Omar support for Hamas, written sympathies for isis terrorists, consistent anti Semitic statements, support for the bigoted bds movement, laughter on the topics of al qada and Antifa..

You know folks are justified to be sick of her period
You think that's why people were chanting send her back?
Old 07-18-2019, 06:02 PM   #1713
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Sure. Omar support for Hamas, written sympathies for isis terrorists, consistent anti Semitic statements, support for the bigoted bds movement, laughter on the topics of al qada and Antifa..

You know folks are justified to be sick of her period
Can you get me some info about that?

Legit. Never heard that mentioned.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:51 PM   #1714
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...nt_140074.html

Good summary here.

Also this fact:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/how-rep-i...ghly-concerned

He Gets Us
Old 07-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #1715
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Queue liberal outrage over using fox as a source in 3 ... 2 ... 1

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #1716
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Queue liberal outrage over using fox as a source in 3 ... 2 ... 1

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Nah, let me just pull the Republican card for once.

"That link is from Fox News, I ain't even gonna click it. Give me an unbiased source."

Chico, I read that entire article. Seems like Omar is trying to break away from the standard "lock 'em up and let 'em serve their time, only to immediately rejoin the radical group as soon as they get out" status quo that exists today. It even sounds like her Somali community pressured her to try and help these kids with lines like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
Omar has also been criticized by others in her community who contend her plea didn’t go far enough.

“A lot of people were disappointed, they felt she could have done more,” one Minneapolis local noted, arguing the boys had been coerced into making final arrangements to flee abroad by FBI informants, and would never have gone that far without encouragement.
Shit, right after that the article talks about the case of one kid who the judge offered an experimental rehab program to instead of jail time for trying to join ISIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
While Daud ended up with the 30-year sentence, others charged with similar offenses have since been more fortunate. In November 2016, a Minnesota judge gave 21-year-old Abdullahi Yusuf an unprecedented opportunity to avoid jail time by undergoing experimental “rehabilitation,” after having pled guilty in 2014 to purporting to join ISIS.

Six months later, he was back before the Judge having violated the terms of his probation – having been caught watching a news documentary about western ISIS fighters in the halfway house where he was confined. Nonetheless, Yusuf completed the carefully tailored “Heartland Democracy Education” program centered on studying literature, philosophy and writing poetry and in late 2017 was “integrated back into society” where he will be monitored for the next 20 years.
God forbid the justice system tries to rehab kids into becoming productive members of society instead of locking them up for years for becoming infatuated with ISIS. Because our current system of punishing criminals with jail time and zero emphasis on rehabbing their criminal mentality is soooo effective.

But yeah, I can see how anybody (i.e. you) that doesn't care for nuance or the complete story would just settle on calling Omar an ISIS sympathizer. Saves a bunch of time vs. getting invested and finding out all the facts before passing judgement.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #1717
MTK
\m/

Out for a walk this morning and came across this on the bike path, shit is getting ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #1718
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Nah, let me just pull the Republican card for once.

"That link is from Fox News, I ain't even gonna click it. Give me an unbiased source."

Chico, I read that entire article. Seems like Omar is trying to break away from the standard "lock 'em up and let 'em serve their time, only to immediately rejoin the radical group as soon as they get out" status quo that exists today. It even sounds like her Somali community pressured her to try and help these kids with lines like this:

Shit, right after that the article talks about the case of one kid who the judge offered an experimental rehab program to instead of jail time for trying to join ISIS.

God forbid the justice system tries to rehab kids into becoming productive members of society instead of locking them up for years for becoming infatuated with ISIS. Because our current system of punishing criminals with jail time and zero emphasis on rehabbing their criminal mentality is soooo effective.

But yeah, I can see how anybody (i.e. you) that doesn't care for nuance or the complete story would just settle on calling Omar an ISIS sympathizer. Saves a bunch of time vs. getting invested and finding out all the facts before passing judgement.
Ok now flip it to Iowa’s Steven King asking a judge for leniency against a racist for a hate crime. Asking the judge because some backwood racist has been marginalized and violence is the only way to lash out. You wouldn’t draw the same conclusions? Is a racist sympathizer a racist? Is a terror sympathizer a terrorist?

She has a litany of questionable actions, statements etc that she is a terrorist sympathizer

Something that someone did...

How anybody could stand with her...amazing.

He Gets Us
Old 07-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #1719
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Out for a walk this morning and came across this on the bike path, shit is getting ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the other side, looks like we got another hate hoax. CNN has removed all the articles they posted yesterday about Georgia lawmaker Erica Thomas. She got caught lying about being told to go back to where she came from.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/21/g...ist-encounter/

He Gets Us
Old 07-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #1720
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
From the other side, looks like we got another hate hoax. CNN has removed all the articles they posted yesterday about Georgia lawmaker Erica Thomas. She got caught lying about being told to go back to where she came from.

LOL, that has nothing to do with what MTK posted and you quoted.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #1721
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Chico I know how you love FOX and I saw this and thought of you..................

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/wild-...maryland-beach
Old 07-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #1722
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, that has nothing to do with what MTK posted and you quoted.
Def does. She was trying to be a flag bearer, but she came out like a race baiter. Which trump original statement certainly had those hideous racial overtones.

What’s really troubling about mtk post was not only the statement, but the fact it was written in chalk. Kids most likely which isn’t good at all that the message resonates with them.

He Gets Us
Old 07-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #1723
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Idk what type of response you're seeking, but fuck people who need to make up stories to further this. Trump literally can't go a day without saying or doing some dumb shit, you don't need to make up things to further your agenda. Republican or Democrat, fuck 'em.

And it doesn't need to be said but I agree with you and Matty. When kids are being taught that foreigners need to leave, it speaks to how dangerous a mic is in front of the president.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:42 PM   #1724
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Def does. She was trying to be a flag bearer, but she came out like a race baiter. Which trump original statement certainly had those hideous racial overtones.

What’s really troubling about mtk post was not only the statement, but the fact it was written in chalk. Kids most likely which isn’t good at all that the message resonates with them.
"OVERTONES"??? ................chico your bias is clear ,she is a race baiter but trump only had "overtones", are you fucking serious?
Old 07-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #1725
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
"OVERTONES"??? ................chico your bias is clear ,she is a race baiter but trump only had "overtones", are you fucking serious?
It means you can't call Trump a racist, even though only racists say things like "send 'em back" ,refer to 3rd world countries as shithole countries, call mexicans rapists and criminals, say all muslims are terrorists and that's why we need a muslim ban (excluding great friend Saudi Arabia of course).

Because he won't say things like "nig*ers sp*cs and j*ws don't deserve to breathe the free man's air" it means we can't conclude he's a racist.