Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will make the cut?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #31
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Who will make the cut?

I'll eat some crow, all the RB's looked good. However I still like Mason and felt he had a good showing again last night even if it was against 2nd stringers. He makes good decisions and actually ran over some people last night.

Colt or Chase, Chase or Colt. I like both. Chase made two good drives down the field. Quick reads quick release. Decisive. Colt had a good drive going eating up the clock. The only thing ya have to keep in mind is Colt is very (very) similar to Bret Favre. He throws sideways, he takes chances with the ball, and will more then likely have more interceptions. Colt has a little more going for him cause he understands the play book better most likely but Chase looked better. My choice, I'd get rid of Collins and majorly coach up the two young guys.

The interception on Collins was Thomas's fault. He needs to always be looking for the ball.

Bye bye Hackett, Hagens and Shelton. Mitchell looks to be the real deal and adds the hight we need. He'll be gone if put on the PS. Eloi, Eloi, Eloi, I like him but he's killing me right now. He's definitly not a KR or it was our blocking that sucked or both. Because of this I would make Mitchell the #5 and put Eloi on the PS to either get better or until someone better comes along.

Tryon= gone. Westbrook actually impressed me last night otherwise I would say...gone. Barnes I hope shows better in the next two games otherwise he's either PS or gone.

My list:
QB: JC, Brennan, Daniels.
RB: Portis, Mason, Dorsey. Personal feeling included. between Mason or Dorsey....Dorsey. we need a speed back plus he looked awsome.
WR: Moss, Kelly, ARE, Thomas, Mitchell, Eloi-PS.
TE: Cooley, Davis, Agnone.
CB: Hall, Rogers, Smoot, Horton, ???? As good as Westbrook looked maybe keep and put Barnes on PS.

Just a few of my picks so far. Batiste looked horrible. Let him go and keep it Heyer, Bridges and Williams.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #32
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
I bet that Campbell is sweating right now. To see two rookies out playing you has to be demoralizing to Campbell. Campbell does have time to prove all wrong byt that time is running out.
There's only one rookie QB on the team.

I don't think JC is sweating what the younger guys do. Different circumstances and situations.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #33
09AFTacoma
Camp Scrub

Campbell Goes, Collins falls to the 3 Spot, Brennan and Daniels battle it out for that starting Jobs the last 2 Pre-Season Game!!.. We should Trade Campbell and a Draft pick to Dallas for Witten, and Run the Best Dual TE team ever
09AFTacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
Campbell Goes, Collins falls to the 3 Spot, Brennan and Daniels battle it out for that starting Jobs the last 2 Pre-Season Game!!.. We should Trade Campbell and a Draft pick to Dallas for Witten, and Run the Best Dual TE team ever

LOL Slow down chief, JC is our guy atleast until wk 9 or 10, but I personally think he will have a good yr and leads us to a WC game..
Old 08-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Umm....welcome to the board
Old 08-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #36
09AFTacoma
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
LOL Slow down chief, JC is our guy atleast until wk 9 or 10, but I personally think he will have a good yr and leads us to a WC game..
JC is not my guy I almost threw my remote through the TV when we drafted him.. We would be better off bring back Mark Rypien..

It's time to put the ball in new hands.

USAF 2T2X1; POPE AFB, NC

Check out my Truck @ www.Tacomaworld.com
Colt McCoy in 2010!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #37
wilsowilso

Quote:
JC is not my guy I almost threw my remote through the TV when we drafted him.. We would be better off bring back Mark Rypien..

Now I'm convinced.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

Quote:
puff and pass dude, puff and pass
Old 08-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #39
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:

I don't think he was any of ours either. If I remember correctly the team went out to see Carlos Rogers (I think) and someone pointed out Campbell to the team as well. I think it kinda supprised all of us that the team went and picked him. Now we have him. Atleast for this last yr. He either shines and gets paid for it, or he flops and gets let go. In order for the Skins to make the play offs or even think SB then ya kinda have to root that Campbell does well cause the team is not going to simply cut him now.

Now you could always hope for an injury but then your dealing with Collins.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #40
09AFTacoma
Camp Scrub

We need to Trade him and atleast get something for him.. Looks like Tampa needs a QB.. hint hint

USAF 2T2X1; POPE AFB, NC

Colt McCoy in 2010!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #41
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
We need to Trade him and atleast get something for him.. Looks like Tampa needs a QB.. hint hint

I don't think anyone is as impressed with him as the Skins are. Especially now. We keep him cause we have so much invested in him, plus he's better then the rest at this point. Maybe next yr Colt or Chase can make your fantasy team.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #42
09AFTacoma
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Umm....welcome to the board
Hi, *Waves* I've read the board for a while, Made an account when I was deployed back in 07, but lost the account info some time ago, and kinda forgot about this place started reading through the forums again last week, and tried to recover my old account info but cant remember what my log in or what email account i used... Sorry if I sound like someone new that is just shootin off his mouth.. Im just a big fan of Dumpin Campbell and moving on..

Been a Redskins fan all my life, which was hard, living near Dallas, Texas from 94-04.

USAF 2T2X1; POPE AFB, NC

Colt McCoy in 2010!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #43
09AFTacoma
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I don't think anyone is as impressed with him as the Skins are. Especially now. We keep him cause we have so much invested in him, plus he's better then the rest at this point. Maybe next yr Colt or Chase can make your fantasy team.
If you wanna talk Fantasy QBs, def go after Drew Brees... or Aaron Rodgers.. Wouldnt mind bring either one of them to Washington

USAF 2T2X1; POPE AFB, NC

Colt McCoy in 2010!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #44
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think it's probably more likely riht now we can get a mid to late round pick for Todd Collins, maybe even Colt.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Hi, *Waves* I've read the board for a while, Made an account when I was deployed back in 07, but lost the account info some time ago, and kinda forgot about this place started reading through the forums again last week, and tried to recover my old account info but cant remember what my log in or what email account i used... Sorry if I sound like someone new that is just shootin off his mouth.. Im just a big fan of Dumpin Campbell and moving on..

Been a Redskins fan all my life, which was hard, living near Dallas, Texas from 94-04.
I was more interested actually in your comment about trading a draft pick for Witten? I'm more than content with Cooley and Davis, aren't you? Plus it'd cost a fortune to trade for Witten.