The Getting Old Sucks Thread

Parking Lot

Old 04-26-2024, 07:07 AM   #106
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: The Getting Old Sucks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
When students tell you they won't watch the Christian Bale Batman movies because they don't watch "really old movies"
Pain. Christian Bale Batman is best Batman.

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2024, 07:09 AM   #107
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
Yes the actually procedure for a colonoscopy is nothing but the day before for a big eater like me sucks.

I'm 65 and have been amazingly healthy my entire life. Rarely sick, I don't have a bad
back or knee, never broke a bone or torn a ligament despite being very active in sports. But in the last 5 months I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, prostate cancer and now my pre-diabetes blood work crossed over the line to diabetes.

But it's not as bad as it sounds. The blood pressure took a few tries but we got the right meds, as I mentioned in the other thread stage 2 prostate cancer has a survival rate of like 98%. As for my blood sugar I learned when you get cancer you tend to go "what the Hell why don't I get that Hagen Daz?" while at the store. We never had ice cream or donuts in the house until recently. I ate like crap the last few months, I can change that.
Hey man sorry to hear about the cancer but I'm sending positive vibes - 98% survival rate sounds great. Hope it's a big nothing burger.

I haven't been as fortunate - 35 and in the last 5 years I've broken my wrist, 2 herniated discs in my back that had to have surgery for. Getting old sucks indeed lol. Just had the flu and it took me 3 weeks to feel normal again. It used to be a 1 week deal. Is what it is though.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:31 AM   #108
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Hey man sorry to hear about the cancer but I'm sending positive vibes - 98% survival rate sounds great. Hope it's a big nothing burger.

I haven't been as fortunate - 35 and in the last 5 years I've broken my wrist, 2 herniated discs in my back that had to have surgery for. Getting old sucks indeed lol. Just had the flu and it took me 3 weeks to feel normal again. It used to be a 1 week deal. Is what it is though.
Getting cancer at 65 was an interesting experience. I was told I needed a PET scan to check for spread. Anyone who has a PET scan scheduled who says they have not even considered their mortality is lying.

What I learned was I was as OK with the worst news as anyone my age could possibly be. I came to this by looking back at my life. I never had issues like you have had, or most everyone I know. I asked myself if I had been given 2 options at 20, one to live a very active life full of sports and riding motorcycles and lived pain free but died at 67 or being in pain virtually your entire adult life but lived to 82 I know which one I would have signed up for. So even with the worst news possible I would have had no complaints with regard to my health.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote